Why play Karkand so much?

1.  No jets, no helis
2.  I can escape a tank a little easier as AT in the narrow alleys
3.  No jets, no helis
4.  Some servers have better ping than others
5.  No jets, no helis
6.  Nice propper up front fire fights
7.  Its not kubra dam

Its just a good map.  I mean yeah sometimes the points are really good.  But you know you can stat pad just about on any map, its just a fact there are more karkand servers out there than any other map.  Its a close up firefight thats enjoyable.  Street by street, house by house fighting is just how I like it.
Same thought.
tahadar
Sniper!!
+183|6727|Pakistan/England
why do you build me up?
RedHot
+9|6718
Because a lot of the other maps suck unless you are a pilot of some sort.
M1-Lightning
Jeepers Creepers
+136|6720|Peoria, Illinois
If they doubled the speed of all land vehicles and doubled the stamina of player sprint, I would play other maps more often. The time it takes to get between flags or to actually find someone to shoot at on most maps makes me feel like I'm playing the Sims. There are different levels of boredom for each map and Zatar Wetlands is absolutely the worst map to play on for both fun and squad play. "Spawn on me I'm 1/8 of the way to the next flag! Only ten more minutes and I'll be there! Oh wait, nevermind. Chopper took me out"
Zaitik
+3|6564

douche1001 wrote:

cuz you faggots think youre playing cs
bf is FAR away from cs.. in cs you need REAL skill to frag not just go whit you apc and spawn camp .. theres no vechiles on cs you did know? how someone can think karkand wuld be a cs..
*ToRRo*cT|
Spanish Sniper-Wh0re
+199|6732|Malaga, EspaƱa
Combat action

Nuff said
voltage
+46|6829|Sweden
I don't like Karkand either and will disconnect as soon as it start loading. I can understand other people liking this map though, but I'm completely fed up with it. Might return to it later to get some award. Hmm.. I take that back, screw the award.
im_in_heaven
+27|6576
rofl , real skill to kill in cs lol
Torin
+52|6681
I really don't like Karkand, but somehow it is my most played map. Maybe the two are related.
LordDragonclaw
RPK-74 Whore
+26|6571
Nobody will play the game if they drop karkand. EA will be FUCKING NUKED by the players who will be SO pissed at them listening to a faggot who wants the best map taken out.
splixx
ChupaCABRA
+53|6727|Omaha, Nebraska
No Jets No Helli's
Instant Action

Plus usually the Karkand servers have the most jerks rounded up in one Spot... I love killing them over and over and hearing them blow a gasket...

OH MY (*#$* U J33P WH0R3... TANK WH0r# Jihad H0... YOU NEWB, n00b... Are you 13?!?!?!

So fun destroying the armour camping spawn spots for me.
ATC
+58|6732|...
I love Karkand, I dont know why, I guess the infantry combat. & I get alot of points on it, usually over 50 each round. its cool.
shadow18alpha
I attend BF2 Anonymous Meetings
+129|6663|Warlord/Bellevue,WA

Zaitik wrote:

douche1001 wrote:

cuz you faggots think youre playing cs
bf is FAR away from cs.. in cs you need REAL skill to frag not just go whit you apc and spawn camp .. theres no vechiles on cs you did know? how someone can think karkand wuld be a cs..
In 1.6 yes but CS Source,HA you don't need much skill to frag.
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6750

Aslan_the_Creator wrote:

I love Karkand, I dont know why, I guess the infantry combat. & I get alot of points on it, usually over 50 each round. its cool.
Man you are right about that, everytime I check Moongamers Karkand in my favorites, I see your name. lol
meowmix4jo
+5|6572
i used to play karkand alot because i liked it + i got the least graphic lagg on it from my cheap ass laptop lol...now im startng to play wake and warlord more tho...id play clean sweep,zatar and dragon if there were any 24/7 servers for them at all lol i cant even find one...there used to be a 24/7 dragon but then it got changed to...KARKAND...i was like wtf...but yeah i found out i pwn all at gunning with helo or plane if i got a good pilot lol...with helo ive gone like 60-5 with a good pilot, and 3 of those where from a rammer noob lol...too bad i got the kills 2 of the times, sucks for him lol...and with the plane missles i can take out other planes easily but ussually i cant even find a server that has those planes, and its a 24/7, or when i do my pilot ussually wont line me up...so yeah im tryng to play wake and find a server where a good helo pilot plays frewuenty , and karkand owns but i think ive played it enought...like 80 hours, and next highest is wake/warlord with like 20 hours each

Last edited by meowmix4jo (2006-05-09 10:48:11)

PspRpg-7
-
+961|6686

yerded wrote:

Discounting the lack of aviation, why do you play so much Karkand?
Is it simply the best map, or is it simply the highest scoring map.
I submit that karkand should be dropped in the next patch as a  official map. Look at the leaders stats and notice how much time they spend playing that one map.
     I confess I love karkand too, mostly because of no jets/helis.
You sir, are an idiot.
Cbass
Kick His Ass!
+371|6683|Howell, Mi USA
I don't really like Karkalander that much but somehow it's my 4th highest played map.? Although i like tankwhoring on it
https://bf3s.com/sigs/bb53a522780eff5b30ba3252d44932cc2f5b8c4f.png
BlackLegion42
Damn Command and Conquer Generals...
+62|6718|Rochester, NY
I play Karkand often is because I enjoy the feel and excitement you get in that map competing with other players. So Karkand is for me....
Clipse
+-1|6552
I hate to say it, but the ultimate infantry map is Sharqi. Once MEC get a flag, all the flags are are close to the next and the fighting in the streets is nonstop in yer face action.

Plus, the choppers aren't as bad as the armour in Karkand.
elite
+89|6703|Sheffield, England
same, i have 205 hours on it, god when i see it, it makes my stats look cheap, but i finally play china maps now
:]-[: El_Shiznit
+3|6737|Florida

genius_man16 wrote:

Edit: i'll bet i'm like the only person in the world that thinks Daqing Oilfields is the best map
I love that map.  Almost my favorite.

Sharqi > Mass Destruction > Daqing > Everything else
tahadar
Sniper!!
+183|6727|Pakistan/England

Clipse wrote:

I hate to say it, but the ultimate infantry map is Sharqi. Once MEC get a flag, all the flags are are close to the next and the fighting in the streets is nonstop in yer face action.

Plus, the choppers aren't as bad as the armour in Karkand.
hey, are you Clipse555 by any chance whatsoever? if you are, then ive seen you a lot on the [PTG] server
Mason4Assassin444
retired
+552|6651|USA

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

genius_man16 wrote:

i play Karkand a lot simply because almost every server has it

it's not anywhere near my favorite map (Daqing Oilfields bitches!!!) but it's just that a whole lot of servers play it... so i kind of have to

it's not that i DON'T like it... it just gets repetetive after awhile

i love servers that have 2 rounds per map, cycling through ALL of the maps, but they don't have enough of those...

Edit: i'll bet i'm like the only person in the world that thinks Daqing Oilfields is the best map
Nope, I think that's my favorite map too. The only problem is i don't play it without my clan on, so i play mostly Karkand. Nothing like a good chopper whoring round or a good ol' armor convoy.
I love Daqing...I play AT only usually on that map because I own said chopper whores and tank convoys....finding a server with that map is a bit more difficult.
yerded
Bertinator
+255|6625|Westminster, California
Jumping Jesus people will you stop with the negative karma!

I'm just wondering aloud if maybe Karkand isn't used a little obviously as THE padders map, for cripes sakes.
     Fine, those beacons of free speach who have been sending me - points have won and I have been effectively censored. I have edited my original post calling for the abolition of Karkand, to the question of if it should be, happy?
     Those wonderful people dinging my points obviously didn't read past the first few post. The 3 pages and counting of discussion on this topic has proving that there is either;
A, a lot of guilty Karkand whores needing a place to confess
B, a building concensus that it SHOULD be dropped
     Look at almost all the top ten scoring players stats and you will see a clear imbalance in the amount of time spent on certain maps...namely Karkand.
    The, shall go unnamed player currently in 1st place has spent almost 2000 hours MORE on KARKAND than on any other map.
     Peeps, looks like shit, smells like shit.
     I'm no hypocrite, as I said in my starting post;
I LOVE KARKAND TOO SO PLEASE STOP DINGING ME.
l41e
+677|6637

PspRpg-7 wrote:

yerded wrote:

Discounting the lack of aviation, why do you play so much Karkand?
Is it simply the best map, or is it simply the highest scoring map.
I submit that karkand should be dropped in the next patch as a  official map. Look at the leaders stats and notice how much time they spend playing that one map.
     I confess I love karkand too, mostly because of no jets/helis.
You sir, are an idiot.
Anyone who disagrees with you is an "idiot"?

Damn it everyone has their own opinion, they are entitled to it, if you're going to be an asshole about it that's your problem and not theirs.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard