Being Tank-Whored6%6% - 26
Some-other-kind-of-whorage1%1% - 5
Getting a bunch of bullshit deaths28%28% - 105
Other (will specify in post)8%8% - 33
Total: 375
R0lyP0ly
+161|6660|USA
Self-Explanatory.

Mines gotta be people that wait on carrier, while our team loses bc nobody is capping flags.

Getting killed for a BS reason is pretty bad as well.
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6768

Being killed by someone from this forum.
[GDC]SinnFein
Got Whiskey?
+63|6793|Meiriceá - frm 'Real Capital'
Roly, very nice thread lad... to be honest, The #1 'pubbin' pet peave that i meself have now that I don't snipe these days:)

Pubbies whom; in the thick of a close game, break out from the melee, get to a flag by themselves and donot creat a squad. Along with that particular line of teamplay, a squad ldr that dies with 6/6 in squad 3-5 of his squad are sitting on a flag/radius, and the squad ldr dosn't leave to allow the next alive squad member to become ldr and be a spawn point. That lad then respawns a 5 minute walk from the flag you were just working on:) squad cycling is so important..

anyway my .02 cents:)
Spearhead
Gulf coast redneck hippy
+731|6696|Tampa Bay Florida
This only happens every once in a while for me, but when I'm in the mood for kicking ass and I accidentally get a teamkill, for some reason, it keeps happening to me.  I'll get pissed at myself after I accidentally TK the first person, but then for some reason I will just continue to cause accidental TK's.
EvilMonkeySlayer
+82|6658
Missing my shots.

I'm slightly obsessive in that regard, I don't like missing. It's why my accuracy for the sniper rifle is gradually going up.

Occasionally i'll have a round or two where I keep missing the most simple of shots. Nothing gets me more angry than being a crap shot.
KingLou
Banned
+79|6630|Las Vegas
It's gotta be the everyone waiting around for vehicles thing......I hate that.

Maybe using the vehicles needs to be like the commander thing........you have to apply for the opportunity.  For everyone else......move your ass and cap flags.

KiL
slidero
Dying from claymores.
j5f5ff
+11|6756
I chose other.  For me, a really lopsided team balance makes a round a lot less fun

Last edited by j5f5ff (2006-05-07 15:37:11)

Spumantiii
pistolero
+147|6689|Canada
having 6+ 'lives' in a row ended in under 1 second by constant arty blasts wherever you spawn, or an apc sitting on the flag waiting for spawners.  Spawning off squad leader and immediately getting hit directly with arty, he lives I get 300 foot airtime.   The fact that there are 3-4 spawns around each flag?  No variable spawning within an area, that is not a new concept in fps
khmer
+86|6684|Central California
Having a freeloading, mooch of a commander. Need ammo, request supplies, nothing. I've had to suicide so I could get more ammo, same with health. UAV? None whatsoever. Outnumbered, request artillary on this position, no reponse. Other people on the team needs ammo and health, they spam and spam "need supply drop", nothing. When the round ends you get second place, while that bastard gets first place and didn't help at all, ridiculous. That would ruin a round for me. Sometimes the mutiny function just doesn't work.

Last edited by khmer (2006-05-07 15:43:38)

KingLou
Banned
+79|6630|Las Vegas

slidero wrote:

Dying from claymores.
I think people are just careless when it comes to claymores.  I have over a 12 to 1 k/d ratio with claymores because I use them in strategic locations........but, if people would go slowly and check in places where claymores are LIKELY to be, they could avoid a lot of claymore related deaths.  I think that's why I've only been killed by them 18 times in 500 hours of play.  Whenever I approach a place or an area that I expect to be full of claymores (ie, the TV station on Sharqi or Warlord)........I go slow, and peek around corners......if I see a claymore......I try to find another way around.  Sometimes....you can even get past claymores if you are careful (like, a well timed jump....or sometimes people are stupid about placing them, and you can just walk around the back of the claymore).

And always be careful of the sniper that peeks around a corner, shoots at you, and then ducks away.  Resist the urge to run after him.  I know one of my favorite tactics while being sniper is to shoot at someone basically to get their attention........when they see me, I duct behind a corner.......toss down a claymore, and run.  Almost inevitably they come after me and *boom*.

So basically, long story even longer.......what I'm trying to say is dying from claymores is something that can for the most part be avoided.  You can't do anything about everyone standing around on a carrier and not capping, except go cap flags yourself.........but you're still at the mercy of the entire other team while yours is doing the circle jerk on the airstrip.

KiL
Sniper926
Bullet Magnet
+14|6569|A good vantage point...
Nice post R0lyP0ly !
What ruins a round for me is just dying from dumb crap like somehow spawning in front or behind a vehicle that's flying along or backing up...or getting squashed by a supply crate...or spawning into an arty strike...or spawning in front of a tank barrel pointing directly at you...
Agree with khmer as well...nothing worse than a lousy Commander...no supplies, no UAV, no Arty to clear a flag area, no nothing...
As for CLAYMORES - don't even get me started - how's this for Teamwork - was capping the flag on SF map Surge at Inner Ridge flag from inside the bunker and teammate decides to drop a claymore right in the entry FACING IN !!!! Anyway, with no way to disarm it, low on ammo anyway, and no squad to call in...(not much communication going on in ANY squads that night anyway...) had to do it the hard way and draw the TK. Even nice enough to forgive him for it...
Like I said - hate dying from dumb crap...
yerded
Bertinator
+255|6643|Westminster, California
Running out of beer.
FriiginChomper
+41|6708
I personaly hate getting Tk'ed for vehicles, and getting spawn camped. And i also dont like it when im a crap shot either, i have days where i can aim with out even trying and some days i die even if the guy isnt facing me.

I vote for Tk'ed for Vehiclulars
VeNg3nCe^
¦Tactics Øver Principles¦
+314|6712|Antarctica
Having a retard team...
livingstorm
+8|6679
What really pisses me off is when ur chinese on wake island half ur team is standing waiting for jet or attack chopper and 3 usmc dudes just run in cap the flag and they all stand there hoping the jet or chopper spawns. Then they all get arty or mowed down by the enemy who now has all our air power.
Thumper04
"So there I was..."
+7|6635|Floriduh
Getting raped in uncappables by f-ing airplanes. Getting nailed by a good pilot is one thing, but in an uncappable is just pointless stat-whoring.

/rant
Dsp-CS-
Claymore magnet
+98|6712|Alaska
I just die from a lot of weird things, like i was playing last night and i was on mounted AA and well a chopper was heading right for me, one of my teammates who was a sniper just started shooting at the chopper and right at the last second when i was about to shoot him down the sniper shoots and get the kills for it, and what do you know the destroyed chopper hit me exploaded and killed me and it said that the pilot got the kill for that, as soon as that happend i left, i was pissed

Last edited by Dsp-CS- (2006-05-09 22:35:23)

DrunkFace
Germans did 911
+427|6688|Disaster Free Zone

KingLou wrote:

I have over a 12 to 1 k/d ratio with claymores because I use them in strategic locations........but, if people would go slowly and check in places where claymores are LIKELY to be, they could avoid a lot of claymore related deaths.  I think that's why I've only been killed by them 18 times in 500 hours of play.
youve kept count??

And if its from your stats:
http://bf2s.com/player/47523070/

The deaths are not from claymores but deaths while using claymores.

As for what ruins a round... theres lots.
a) losing.
b) having a shitty teasm thats give any support to anyone.
c) get bullshit deaths from random palces.
d) shitty commander.
e) being spawnraped (but usally spawn somewhere else so doesnt happen much).

Last edited by DrunkFace (2006-05-09 22:54:29)

gene_pool
Banned
+519|6628|Gold coast, Aus.
Whingers in-game. Whinge about everything that happens. Then says something like (real conversation)

whinger: omfg you idiot im going to bash you!
gene_pool: Uhh how will you do that over the internet?
Whinger: shut up gene, you know i'll get yout too
gene_pool: Wow, where can I download that program that lets you bash people over internet.
Whinger has initiated a kick vote against gene pool.
gene_pool:lol, no-one will vote
2 people have voted yes. 40 votes are needed. gene pool stays
whinger: fuck you you wanker
whinger, you are being kicked for bad/racist language.
whinger has been disconnected from the server.
Stomper_40k
Re-Incarnation. You mean re-spawn right?
+44|6652|Cardiff - Wales - UK
1) Getting punished for an accidental TK's, (stray missiles spring to mind)

2) When its its they're fault (They wander blindly in front of you while your spraying and area with shots from the PKM, or they run in front of the vehicle your driving).
THA
im a fucking .....well not now
+609|6777|AUS, Canberra
people using hacks.
CrazeD
+368|6679|Maine

[GDC]SinnFein wrote:

Roly, very nice thread lad... to be honest, The #1 'pubbin' pet peave that i meself have now that I don't snipe these days:)

Pubbies whom; in the thick of a close game, break out from the melee, get to a flag by themselves and donot creat a squad. Along with that particular line of teamplay, a squad ldr that dies with 6/6 in squad 3-5 of his squad are sitting on a flag/radius, and the squad ldr dosn't leave to allow the next alive squad member to become ldr and be a spawn point. That lad then respawns a 5 minute walk from the flag you were just working on:) squad cycling is so important..

anyway my .02 cents:)
Don't get too attached to squad cycling, you won't have it come 1.3

What ruins a good BF2 round? n00b teammates.
LaidBackNinja
Pony Slaystation
+343|6716|Charlie One Alpha

Dsp-CS- wrote:

I just die from a lot of weird things, like i was playing last night and i was on mounted AA and well a chopper was heading right for me, one of my teammates who was a sniper just started shooting at the chopper and right at the last second when i was about to shoot him down the sniper shoots and get the kills for it, and what do you know the destroyed chopper hit me exploaded and killed me and it said that the pilot got the kill for that, as soon as that happend i left, i was pissed
Yarr that's exactly the BS deaths I'm talking about. One time I jumped out of a chopper, deployed my parachute, but on my way down I scraped the side of a building, somehow causing my parachute to disappear and I fell to my death.
"If you want a vision of the future, imagine SecuROM slapping your face with its dick -- forever." -George Orwell
n00b.Worx
+44|6733|West Berlin!
ppl whining

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard