Souljah
+42|6638
real nice guide +1 for you

i guess ill have to try the g3 again cause when i 1st used it (patch 1.03) i didnt think it was that great. accuracy sucked and only 20 bullets. but alot of people had said now it is pretty accurate. well have to try it out later. but right now i prefer the 101 over all assault guns. best gun imho. and dont forget, assault gets flashbangs. if used correctly, you can take out squads no problem. hell ive even taken out tanks with it. flash the tank and then run to a tow and 1 shot, boom, tank gone. and also dont forget. use that dam smoke nade. its good for cover and all but most importantly, itll drop some peoples fps
Sgt.Davi
Touches Himself At Night.
+300|6614|England
Thanls everyone. I'm typing this during RE but I will post the screenies and perhaps the video later!1
Sgt.Davi
+300|6614|England
Ok guys, im gonna taketh some screen shots now! BRB!
Sgt.Davi
+300|6614|England
Sorry not many screenies but I have added a new section on banging. ()
Sgt.Davi
+300|6614|England
Ok I'm glad to see that my guide has gone to some use!!

Today on a round of Karkand I saw a large increase in the number of assault players being used! It was great. Supressive fire, Smoke grenades! The whole shebang! Glad you read this guys!
Sgt.Davi
+300|6614|England
I'll thank Talon for the added weapon statistics and comparisons!!!
Sgt.Davi
+300|6614|England
I find it utterly ludicrous that there hasnt been an assault guide before. I demand a recount. Anyway, why the **** is no one else posting, i have like a heptuple post streak.... my word
tahadar
Sniper!!
+183|6709|Pakistan/England

Sgt.Davi wrote:

Lol. I seriously don't understand the sexual attractio of 50% ofplayers to sniper.
oh COME ON! tell me you're not attracted to that dress-like ghillie suit!! hot bumsecks!

only kidding

just read the whole guide. i likey the G3 a lot myself. feature post request!

Last edited by tahadar (2006-05-08 14:15:34)

Sgt.Davi
+300|6614|England
Lawl?????? I used the sniper last night. Only to countersnipe someone. So funny He was like WTF WHO SNIPED ME YOUR ALL MEDICs.
Sgt.Davi
+300|6614|England
No one posting. Great.
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6732

Sgt.Davi wrote:

No one posting. Great.
Assault is the bastard child of BF2.  I told you to change the title to say sniper. lol
Sgt.Davi
+300|6614|England
Lawl

Think i shoudl repost saying. OMG I AM A 1337 HAXXOR. LOOK AT MY SNIPER STATS!!

Then the first line saying: sorry, now read my assault guide

You think a mods read this. I'm hoping it can get into the Wiki so that BF2 players can at least think of it as the adopted child

Last edited by Sgt.Davi (2006-05-09 10:28:27)

Torin
+52|6663
Why use assault when you could use Medic or Support?

Smoke grenade, ahoy!

But in all seriousness, they killed the assault kit when they nerfed the GL.
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6732

It should be since it is the only assault guide, and a damn good one.
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6732

Torin wrote:

Why use assault when you could use Medic or Support?

Smoke grenade, ahoy!

But in all seriousness, they killed the assault kit when they nerfed the GL.
Maybe it is just me, but I really dont see the difference with the GL......maybe because I never hopped around and shot it, or maybe because I never used it that much.
Sgt.Davi
+300|6614|England
Killed? No. Made tactiacal and skillful? Yes. Assault can be the key to winning the battle (actually the real key is teamwork) Medic really should be for reviving and healing, however they gave it a rifle that should quite frankly have gone to the assaulty. Thanks US!

HAPPY NOW!!

Last edited by Sgt.Davi (2006-06-24 03:40:59)

usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6732

That is true about medics.  When I was in the Suck, our Corpsman carried a 9mm Barreta, and thats it.
Talon
Stop reading this and look at my post
+341|6731
In the original post, fool!

Feature request, btw!
Sgt.Davi
+300|6614|England
Look at the bit underneath the weapons. PM if you want it personalized (I.E what you want it to say) That'll be all.
Torin
+52|6663

usmarine2005 wrote:

Maybe it is just me, but I really dont see the difference with the GL......maybe because I never hopped around and shot it, or maybe because I never used it that much.
That would be why. The ability to kill at very close range, combined with a much larger GL explosion radius made all the difference.

Sgt.Davi wrote:

Killed? No. Made tactiacal and skillful? Yes. Assault can be the key to winning the battle (actually the real key is teamwork) Medic really should be for reviving and healing, however they gave it a rifle that should quite frankly have gone to the assaulty. Thanks US! I also want to thank Talon more for his improved weapon stats. Cheers mate!!!
I agree, they made it tactical and made it require more skill, but they also limited how effective the GL could be.

Compare the Medic class to the Assault class. What does Assault have that medic doesn't? The GL, a smoke grenade, and can sometimes eat 1 more bullet before dying. The smoke grenade can't even be considered a Pro for Assault, the GL is sometimes good, but rarely, and the ability to eat 1 more bullet only matters in a relatively small amount of scenarios. Yes, they are Pros, but compared to the ability to heal and revive, they are nothing. Otherwise, the guns are the same, except for the G3, which can be argued as being better or worse than the Medic alternatives, especially the G36E.

That's how it is now. However, pre-1.2, the GL was insane. You could destroy an entire squad with 1 shot. You could single handedly protect important spawn points like the TV Station on Sharqi. Nothing pre-1.2 compared to the Assault kit in terms of overall effectiveness for 1 infantry. But the absolutely insane stuff you could do with the pre-1.2 GL is now impossible. Yes, pre-1.2 it was rather lame, but at least it was distinctive, and very much worth using.  Now, the distinction between Assault and Medic has faded to where you debate using Medic because of the G36E or ability to revive, and the fact that Assault has a GL barely factors into the decision.

The GL, compared to what it used to be, is nothing. The current GL is not a reason to use Assault over Medic, and neither is 25 armor and a smoke grenade.

Yes, the GL, used skillfully and tactically can be good, but it will never be what it used to be, exceptional. For people that played prior to and after 1.2, the Assault kit feels like the red-headed step child of BF2 classes. When you remember GLing an entire squad at close range and walking away unscathed, the current implementation just leaves a sour taste in your mouth.

And that's why I prefer the MG36.
Sgt.Davi
+300|6614|England
Support is my most used class. Assault is second. Thing is I started as a port whore and im gunna get x pert but i still go assault for teamwork and sniping (*owns Tahadar*)
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6732

Sgt.Davi wrote:

Support is my most used class. Assault is second. Thing is I started as a port whore and im gunna get x pert but i still go assault for teamwork and sniping (*owns Tahadar*)
Yep.  Support is my most used class, simply because I love the sound of a machine gun.
Torin
+52|6663
I'd think support would offer you more in the team-work area than assault would.

The support kit can't really snipe well anymore, especially not compared to the 1.21 PKM, which is a reason to use assault... but generally, I would only use Support on maps where I wouldn't ever need to snipe someone.

The current Support implementation reminds me of the pre-1.2 GL, in that I can take out an entire squad and maybe eat a single bullet, no other kit/gun in the game can do the same. Not nearly as good as the GL used to be, but it's close. I have a growing love affair with the MG36 and infinite grenades.
taddzilla
+23|6814|Pembroke Pines, FL.
+1 for you.  Good guide, and well written.  Thanks for taking the time to write this up.
Talon
Stop reading this and look at my post
+341|6731
and can sometimes eat 1 more bullet before dying
Assistant writer of the aforementioned guide here. Just like to point out that its 3 bullets more against Spec ops, 2 more against SMGs, and 2-3 more against assault rifles. It makes the difference between living and dying. And theres always so many medics around, you dont need to be a medic to heal yourself.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard