spon
+2|6844|San Jose, CA
is anyone running into a problem of a kamakize driver with c4 on their car? 
They throw C4 on their car and drive around looking for tanks and stuff. then they drive the car up to you, jump out and hit the C4, blowing up the vehicle, the tank AND themselves.  Last night it happend like 2 times to me and my squadmember.  Its really quite annoying.
oJmHo
I want the pink mist
+0|6807
It may be annoying but it is one effective way of taking out enemy vehicles or even large movements of infantry.  Personally, I love this tactic. When I see an enemy tank camping a certain area for an extended period of time, my first choice is not Anti-Tank, but Spec-Ops.  Which reminds me, I've been meaning to ask, does suicide C4-ing still count toward the Explosives Badge?
LeGrandAssidomaen
Paper Is My Hobbyhorse
+1|6807

oJmHo wrote:

It may be annoying but it is one effective way of taking out enemy vehicles or even large movements of infantry.  Personally, I love this tactic. When I see an enemy tank camping a certain area for an extended period of time, my first choice is not Anti-Tank, but Spec-Ops.  Which reminds me, I've been meaning to ask, does suicide C4-ing still count toward the Explosives Badge?
Yes, it does count (as I got my basic badge that way...). And it will possibly be the only way to get the veteran and expert badges.
beeng
Get C4, here!
+66|6786

woo, jihad jeep
makes it more realistic when playing ;D  if they could strap it to their body im sure they would
Sturmvogel
+1|6776
Jihad Jeeping is fun, but the goal is to set set off the C4 on your jeep and kill enemy armor without killing yourself! Typically I'll go as fast as I can and jump out about 20 feet from the armor, the car will roll on its own, then detonate.

Also, it is possible to get the expert explosives badge w/o jihad jeeping! I had a hell of a time getting it but the trick was to use c4 on everyone. When I got it I didn't even pull out my rifle once, I had my c4 out at all times!
LeGrandAssidomaen
Paper Is My Hobbyhorse
+1|6807

Sturmvogel wrote:

Jihad Jeeping is fun, but the goal is to set set off the C4 on your jeep and kill enemy armor without killing yourself! Typically I'll go as fast as I can and jump out about 20 feet from the armor, the car will roll on its own, then detonate.

Also, it is possible to get the expert explosives badge w/o jihad jeeping! I had a hell of a time getting it but the trick was to use c4 on everyone. When I got it I didn't even pull out my rifle once, I had my c4 out at all times!
Yeah, but that can get you into TK/punish situations pretty fast.
thinner44
+1|6810
It's just another tactic in the game, something that actually reflects real life situations within a battle zone. I've not used it, but I like that style. I've even been blown up that way, trick is to listen very carefully and watch the mini map....  if it aint blue, it's not good for you
RadeonII
+1|6775
i like to plant c-4 where it cant be seen when the vehicles are unmaned then wait for some poor fool to jump in it POW!!  then i know i have time to capture the flag
BigWhompaOne
+10|6780
Its how they do in real life! to ensure realism though dont car bomb with the US we are way too selfish to commit Suicide.
Croak
+11|6805|San Marcos, CA

BigWhompaOne wrote:

Its how they do in real life! to ensure realism though dont car bomb with the US we are way too selfish to commit Suicide.
Speak for yourself BigWhompaOne.  Or better yet, check out the posthumous awardings of the Medal of Honor, Navy Cross, DSC, and so on throughout the history of America.
Deedubya
+-2|6802|The Seventh Circle of Hell
Another quite useful way I've found getting your explosives badge, albeit kind of dangerous, is being a Sniper and tossing Claymores like crazy on Karkand. That's how I got my basic, but it's so effective, especially at the choke point at the first flag. As for the so-called "jihad jeeping" that people have so affectionately named this tactic, I think it's ridiculous, although I will admit it is quite effective. I personally think it's a chicken-shit tactic, and is only used by stat-whores. Now, if you wanna use C4 in a more honorable way, try this...pull a buggy forward a bit, plant your c4 on the ground, and then back the buggy back over it, hide and wait a bit for someone poor unsuspecting person to come and jump in, and then BOOM. Also, you could take any vehicle, plant the C4 on it, park it somewhere where you think someone will jump in it rather quickly, and then BOOM. This happened to me twice so far, one was a chopper, and the other was a tank. Very tricky, and I gained a bit of respect for those certain Spec-Force guys.
Croak
+11|6805|San Marcos, CA
The thing about the "Hamas Hummer" trick is that it's a great equaliizer when you've lost your armor spawn, or somebody has stolen your tank, etc, since there's almost always a transport vehicle floating around.  Plus it's one of the best DEFENSES against stat-whores in a tank in the game. 

Of course, it REALLY pisses off the stat whores in their "invincible" armor because it stops the kill streak or offensive, it means they have to respawn back at the tank and possibly fight each other for who gets to whore next, and none of their tricks of staying alive (supply drops, backing off to repair, multiple engineers in multiple vehicles) can save them.  Their only chance is to spot and kill the incoming vehicle before it gets too close.

Still, it's not as easy as some people think to pull this off against a skilled tanker, especially pulling it off and surviving.

I've noticed that the biggest complainers about C4 are the same sort that complain about grenade launchers.  Both tend to equalize things by causing instant death, and they bemoan the "lack of skill" needed to use them.  What they're most likely saying is "Waaaaa, I died to a cheap tactic!", which I find funny, because most of the "elite" BF2 players have made their score on "cheap tactics" of one sort or another.

I'm betting that before long you'll see similar complaints about "noobs and DAO-12's".
Deedubya
+-2|6802|The Seventh Circle of Hell
LOL, I agree about the DAO-12...what a gun. Anyway, I love tanking. It's so fun to jsut roll around and blow stuff up in it. But yes, there is a difference between being good with a tank, and knowing how to choose your battles wisely, and jsut straight up whoring with them. Because of "jihad jeepers", I've learned to keep a wary eye out for buggies and the like, and trying to get a good shot off before they get too close. Most of the time, I can hit them, but sometimes I do fall victim to them, which is okay, because while it is a cheap tactic, it is still part of the game. I dunno, there's always a way to defend against anything.
j00han
+0|6809|netherlands
I LOVE C4 on vehicles

it aint a cheap trick:
making a run destroying some armor,
and gun down a few enemy's in the same base.
is DIFFICULT ratio 1:6 or so, dont say its suicide becase it is a real effective methode.
expect this from me on dragon valley, (cause you can make a run every 60 sec or something like that)

P.S. when you stick C4 on the lights or the grill they disapear but they will still be lethal

grtz Johan

P.P.S. Does my english suck? (Because my teacher says it does.)
Col-Khadafi
+0|6797|Your Mom's House

j00han wrote:

it aint a cheap trick:
I think this is the exact defenition of a "cheap trick". However, if you can't shoot a buggy running right at you then you dont deserve to be in any armor, period.

Last edited by Col-Khadafi (2005-10-09 16:22:34)

Sgt.Abyss
+2|6782
The best way i found to get explosive badges is to play on a no friendly fire server, so you cant blow your self and your team mates, which help alot
MurrayP
PKM Assasin
+0|6809|USA, IL
I do it occasionly, it's a one-pop tank kill that dosent involve the tank being close to you for you to set C4 on it.

Although I dont go kamakizi, I pull up to the tank , rims with C4 still spinni'n then dive around the corner and BooM.  Tank dOwN!!!  OwnDIZZled!!!
Neoburn_1035
Medic!!!!!!!
+27|6829|OP, KS

spon wrote:

is anyone running into a problem of a kamakize driver with c4 on their car? 
They throw C4 on their car and drive around looking for tanks and stuff. then they drive the car up to you, jump out and hit the C4, blowing up the vehicle, the tank AND themselves.  Last night it happend like 2 times to me and my squadmember.  Its really quite annoying.
Hey this is a part of war.

Suicide Bombers are the new way to get what you want out of war.

Last edited by Neoburn_1035 (2005-10-09 17:05:35)

US|dirtysouth
purple sticky punch
+0|6814|englewood FL.
hes rite, i mean if the mec runs a car bomb into ur tank/hummer....oh well its gunna be on the news...
u get wat im sayen here...BF2=new age war..car bomb=rag head killen GI's
SERIES7
+-1|6784|Portland OR
Well the last time I checked that is not in the US policy to use suicide bombing....HMMM  Well if ya play with the MEC forces that kinda goes out the door I guess....lol
Chard
+1|6832|Christchurch, New Zealand
to put it simply, shit happens get used to it..... Or do it back
Lazarus Tag'lim
Have Wrench, Will Travel
+1|6781|Alabama Coast, USA

Neoburn_1035 wrote:

Suicide Bombers are the new way to get what you want out of war.
It's nowhere near new...  I mean, think of the word he used in the complaint: kamakazi.  The Japanese really screwed us up with that, whether planes, or one-man mini-sub/torpedos.

Of course... when I use it, I try to stay alive, hehe...  the same with everything else.  But I always leave open the option of suicide kill...  at least if at a point where I know I'm about to die anyhow, may as well take 1-2 of them with me.  I can remember one time when I ducked behind a corner to reload anti-tank, and when I popped back out, zoomed, there was an enemy infantry within a few feet of me.  No doubt in my mind that he could kill me faster than I could switch to rifle and kill him (or knife... I'm not good with those yet), so I just pulled the trigger, him and me both.  Better to have a kill to show for it.

And how is a one-hit kill C4 Jeep vs Tank any cheaper than a one-hit kill Tank vs Jeep?  Anything with that much power must have vulnerabilities than may be exploited, or it's unbalancing.
DrDestruction
Utilityman
+1|6778
They do though - you can bomb them, hit them with Helo's, arty them, use rocket launchers, I mean there are a number of ways to exploit them.

But if you want to use that arguement, there isn't really a defense against suicide bombing - even the best tank gunners Ive seen have fallen victim to about 80% of attempted suicide bombing attacks - the vehicles usually used (dune buggies and those chinese jeep things, FAV's are they?) are far too fast to be detected and shot at fast enough (especially since smart suibombers attack from positions they know can't be possibly reached in time, like the rear or angles off the rear) by anyone in a tank.  The only hope you really have is if you have a good .50 gunner that can find and pick the driver out of such a vehicle before it gets too close.  So while you may claim tanks could potentially be unbalanced, I think the suibomber tactic is a bit unbalanced.

Suibombers are very cheap in my opinion, and while I dont put it in the same boat as spawn camping, grenade launcher whoring, and aircraft ramming category, it still falls under my "unsportsmanlike" category.

The way I look at it (and this includes real life situations), if you want to kill someone, you should beat them with the skill of your weapon, not self-sacrifice.
Lazarus Tag'lim
Have Wrench, Will Travel
+1|6781|Alabama Coast, USA

DrDestruction wrote:

The way I look at it (and this includes real life situations), if you want to kill someone, you should beat them with the skill of your weapon, not self-sacrifice.
Isn't that exactly what it is?  One tactic of the weapon?  Of course... this from the viewpoint of someone who does his best to survive that style attack.

Of course... if I'm running down the road on foot and a tank rolls up on me, I bite it 80% of the time as well...  so we're even, lol.

And, trying to survive is sometimes the thing that gets me...  a couple times I've been gunned down before I got far enough away that I'd hit the trigger.
mossimo222
+0|6772
It is a very cheesy tactic but a very effictive one.

One tactic I like is to C4 a jeep and park it in a spot that it becomes somewhat of a roadblock. Tank/APV drivers look for the explosives on the road but they seldom think of it being on a Jeep. Of course they could always blow it up before they reach but you'd be suprised how many choose to ignore it.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard