spon
+2|6844|San Jose, CA
Playing the new wake Island match, I was waiting for my squad member to jump in the boat, when this guy in a chopper came down and tried to land on the shore.Then the whole chopper tips over ot the right and lands on top of me.  BOOM 3 team kills (pilot, passenger, squadmember), plus I "killed" myself and the pilot PUNISHES ME.

1) EA has got to fix this somehow (teammembers crashing into each other and blowing up)

2) people have got to stop punishing so quickly and accept responsiblity for what they did!

That map was so bad, I finished with -14 in the round, mainly becuase of this idiot pilot.
PermaG
+1|6847
I had something like that happen like that to me today. I was in a tank, I saw an ally buggy coming, so I started to back up. He doesnt turn enough and slams into me and I get 2 teamkills, becuase he had a passenger.

Shit happens :s
LeGrandAssidomaen
Paper Is My Hobbyhorse
+1|6808

spon wrote:

Playing the new wake Island match, I was waiting for my squad member to jump in the boat, when this guy in a chopper came down and tried to land on the shore.Then the whole chopper tips over ot the right and lands on top of me.  BOOM 3 team kills (pilot, passenger, squadmember), plus I "killed" myself and the pilot PUNISHES ME.

1) EA has got to fix this somehow (teammembers crashing into each other and blowing up)

2) people have got to stop punishing so quickly and accept responsiblity for what they did!

That map was so bad, I finished with -14 in the round, mainly becuase of this idiot pilot.
1) EA has blown it. Once again. I don't see the bad, bad TK-situation fixed in ANY way.

2) That will never happen. Trust me. Never.
Col-Khadafi
+0|6798|Your Mom's House
I can remember waiting for things like AMX mod and HL guard for Counter Strike. Face it, EA is going to do little/nothing about these thinks. The only thing they'll fix are the huge exploits or errors  (stat padding for example). We're probably going to have to wait until the 3rd parties finish equvalent server plugins that can deal with stuff like this.
kilroy0097
Kilroy Is Here!
+81|6844|Bryan/College Station, TX
The problem really is that the AI is just not equiped to handle situation where we know the truth as humans. After all its just an algorithims.  One way I have figured out not to get TKs for people running into me is to stop the vehicle.

If they plow into you and kill everyone they get the TKs because they were moving. The server did not sense your movement so its like you're parked. I find that if I try to move out of someone's way or if I'm moving forward and don't see them that I get the TKs or they get the kills if they are enemy. So I simply let go of the gas from now on and for the most part it works.

If this situation happens again and you know your going to die from it. Then don't move the vehicle. Or Hit E at the last second and see about getting out of the vehicle so it doesn't register you in it. Maybe that would work.
"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis
Teamkillingbastard
+0|6776
I've been playing and for no reason at all people start to TK me. I get fed up with this and start to TK back, but it only seems that I get banned and no one else. What the F***???? Happen to anyone else?
kilroy0097
Kilroy Is Here!

Teamkillingbastard wrote:

I've been playing and for no reason at all people start to TK me. I get fed up with this and start to TK back, but it only seems that I get banned and no one else. What the F***???? Happen to anyone else?
This has happened to more people than I care to count on this forum and will keep on happening. Yes it happens. Yes you are not alone. Yes you can bitch about it but it will still not change anything. Take the higher moral road and switch servers.
"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis
WormGuts
+17|6795|Dayton, Ohio
bottom line is people just don't forgive when they see the option from team kills.  i, being an aged player, attribute this to the youngsters who in real life can't accept the fact that they make mistakes and are unwilling to accept a mistake from teammates.

bottom line...find a server were 'children' don't play and tk punishment is not accepted.

of corse you need strict governing from admins for this.

in fact case in point today...i was playing an engineer (with jackhammer) today on mashtuur we were trying to take the flag where the tank spawns,

myself and a teammate where coming from opposing ends near the flag trying to sweep the site clean.  he came around...saw me then opened up with his gun (likely he never saw that i was a teamate because his aim was that bad even at short range cuz he nissed a lot), but he fired on me fast and early...so i returned fire in kind...well my jackhammer being in short close combat and my accuracy shredded him in 2 shots.  the young pup punished me for it...GRRR!!!!!

be selective in the servers and company you keep.  try to to play on servers where kids don't play cuz they are unlikely to forgive an honest mistake....even when they are to blame.

Last edited by WormGuts (2005-10-08 20:37:54)

kilroy0097
Kilroy Is Here!
Now only if there was a way to prove age when you create your nick.
That way we could have Age restricted servers. For those that only want people of certain ages.
Maybe there is an server called "Old Foggies" that only wants people who are 40+ in age? Isn't that their right if they own the server?

Or a youngster server for kids wanting to fight kids. Age restriction of 16-

I think it would be neat to have a server that was 18+ personally. Sorry to all our forum buddies that are younger. Maybe there would be code for exceptions to the rules based upon PID or Nick.

Just dreaming...
WormGuts
+17|6795|Dayton, Ohio
well kilroy your point is an easy one...and there are servers that govern strictly...most of those tight governed servers are former military men who 'know' teamwork and understand that kids are likely not 'team players' , but stat whores. 

unfortunately most of the truely good servers are not ranked...this is how they keep the kids out of them.

my most favorite server to play at is tactical gamers server.  those guys ROCK.  you will rarely find a better teamwork oriented server out there.  (squad members MUST follow squad leaders orders and squad leaders MUST follow CO's orders)  if you fail to do so you will be kicked quickly as there are always admins around.  they also don't allow spawn camping nor base hopping (you take a base you defend it).  they are a tightly run ship and even though they are an unranked server they have constantly full servers.  the action and team work is that good.

just my .02 cents

Last edited by WormGuts (2005-10-08 20:52:03)

kilroy0097
Kilroy Is Here!

WormGuts wrote:

well kilroy your point is an easy one...and there are servers that govern strictly...most of those tight governed servers are former military men who 'know' teamwork and understand that kids are likely not 'team players' , but stat whores. 

unfortunately most of the truely good servers are not ranked...this is how they keep the kids out of them.

my most favorite server to play at is tactical gamers server.  those guys ROCK.  you will rarely find a better teamwork oriented server out there.  (squad members MUST follow squad leaders orders and squad leaders MUST follow CO's orders)  if you fail to do so you will be kicked quickly as there are always admins around.  they also don't allow spawn camping nor base hopping (you take a base you defend it).  they are a tightly run ship and even though they are an unranked server they have constantly full servers.  the action and team work is that good.

just my .02 cents
How do you recognized these tactical gamers servers?
Do you have a few that you could list so I could look for them?
I would add them to my favorites once they are found.
SharkyMcshark
I'll take two
+132|6786|Perth, Western Australia
Alright, time for my two cents. While all of your tactical gamers servers are interesting, do u not get bored of neing so righteous. I prefer the tactic of busting in to stealthyness. And before i get jumped upon, u should know that i payed a hundred dollars for this game, just like everyone else, so ill chosse how to play it. Sure, my KDR stands as a testament to my bust in ness, but its hella fun
kilroy0097
Kilroy Is Here!

SharkyMcshark wrote:

Alright, time for my two cents. While all of your tactical gamers servers are interesting, do u not get bored of neing so righteous. I prefer the tactic of busting in to stealthyness. And before i get jumped upon, u should know that i payed a hundred dollars for this game, just like everyone else, so ill chosse how to play it. Sure, my KDR stands as a testament to my bust in ness, but its hella fun
Your right.
You paid for the game and its up to you to decide how you want to play it.
Its the same for me and for the rest of us.
thinner44
+1|6810

kilroy0097 wrote:

SharkyMcshark wrote:

Your right.
You paid for the game and its up to you to decide how you want to play it.
Its the same for me and for the rest of us.
You're both right, and it's really good to see some commonsense for a change..... We've all paid for our own game and no one else has the right to tell us how to play, I'm right with you guys on this
RadeonII
+1|6776
I just love it when you beat someone to an aircraft and they either start shooting you or lay on the ground under your wheels so they can punish you

Last edited by RadeonII (2005-10-09 08:08:27)

Col-Khadafi
+0|6798|Your Mom's House

RadeonII wrote:

I just love it when you beat someone to an aircraft and they either start shooting you or lay on the ground under your wheels so they can punish you
Thats what the JSF is all about, just hover over them and fly away.
WormGuts
+17|6795|Dayton, Ohio

SharkyMcshark wrote:

WOW!!! you seriously paid $100 for this game?  i got it a week after it came out and i only paid $50 US for it.  is that price of $100 outside the US?
/~GoD~/Tonberry.King
+0|6782
Its just that some people are in the 'heat' of battle and consider all threats enemies and thusly act maliciously twords them. I have no idea if thats human anture or if im trying to justify my past transgressions, but it seems to make sense. I usually forgive unless ive been killed repeatedly by the same teammate or if I can tell WITHOUT A DOUBT that it was intentional.
m3.t4t3r
+0|6775
In situations such as this, I enjoy a little revenge in the form of finding a way to punish them back.  Sure it's childish, but it makes me feel better.  I constantly run in front of the punishing persons fire and lay down in front of their vehicles just for fun.  Eventually, they just kill me and I get all warm and fuzzy inside when I see the option to punish them.
SharkyMcshark
I'll take two
WormGuts, if you took a quick look at my stats you would in fact see that I am from Australia, where the price of a new release PC gamre is $90 Australian. Since I do not live in America I would not put that cost of the game in American dollars, so sorry for the confusion.
WormGuts
+17|6795|Dayton, Ohio

SharkyMcshark wrote:

WormGuts, if you took a quick look at my stats you would in fact see that I am from Australia.
  No i hadn't actually looked to see where you were from.  I rarely do look to another persons stats page.  It just really doesn't matter to me where people are from all that much since we're all just people.  That's a shame new games cost so much for you there.  Is it the exchange rate on currency?  Or just them damn capitalists sticking it to people differently?

Last edited by WormGuts (2005-10-10 15:26:16)

RadeonII
+1|6776
Just today i  jump in a tank and as I start to drive a see a team mate in front of me, so i turn ,, he moves in my path so i backed up and turned the other way. so did he then i decided to go in the other direction and then he shots me with his anti-tank missile. LOL and on another server i swear i saw the enemy ( ROLL ) a mine at me. I`m not kidding I saw this darn thing rolling at me like I had a magnet on my front bumper , it almost got me to.

Or how about when you wait for an aircraft  and just before it spawns a group of fudgepackers come stand with you to try and take it.. I HATE WHEN THEY GET IT... but I dont TK  i get enough by mistake
SharkyMcshark
I'll take two
Im not sure what the exchange rate is but i am thinking about ordering games from the US because of the exchange rates, but i guess it would be balanced by p and h. However, most new releases are about 80 dollars AU, which is around 50 US i think, maybe 60.
WormGuts
+17|6795|Dayton, Ohio

RadeonII wrote:

LOL and on another server i swear i saw the enemy ( ROLL ) a mine at me. I`m not kidding I saw this darn thing rolling at me like I had a magnet on my front bumper , it almost got me to.
that is hilarious.  wonder if it was me.  i love doing this to people.  if you have a steep enough incline (road) you can actually toss an AT mine and get the thing rolling down a road at a vehicle.  i hit the floor laughing everytime it works.  because almost everytime the person will go 'wtf was that crazy #@$&.'

Last edited by WormGuts (2005-10-12 20:07:54)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard