durkamoz
+5|6697
I am 100 points away from my next unlock.

which 2 should I pick?

g3
Jackhammer
P90
mg36
f2000 (would require me to unlock g3 as well)
mp-7(would require me to unlock jackhammer as well)

Give me your input!
[AK101]
Banned
+15|6575
What rank are you? If you're under Gunnery Sgt, just unlock whatever you want because you'll get more real soon.

G3 is nice, as is F2000.
durkamoz
+5|6697
I will be hitting Gunnery SGT in 100 points, so no more unlocks for another 12k points.
Cougar
Banned
+1,962|6772|Dallas
Jackhammer and MG-36.

All the others blow horsedick.
DECEPTION_POINT
Banned
+17|6674|newcastle , N.S.W , Australia
stay away from the mp-7 eats dick

get the g3 i have all of the weapons and the g3 and the pkm are the best in my view
mr_whippy94
+2|6586
f200 it's very good
ShEpArD_oF_rOt
+16|6574|Illinois
I'd go with P90 or G3. Engineers main pump action shottie with pistol is all you really need. I've only had very brief experience with the MG36, but in my opinion the PKM owns it.
mr_whippy94
+2|6586
f2000
Citizen One
한국 공주
+338|6657|South Korea.

durkamoz wrote:

which 2 should I pick?

g3
Jackhammer
P90
mg36

Give me your input!
MP7, Its rulz.
Cougar
Banned
+1,962|6772|Dallas
MP7, Its sux.
MrKamikaze
+10|6649|East
g3 and mg36
Erwin_Rommel188
+59|6693|Seattle
F2000 is nice, but it might not be worth 2 unlocks

MG36 is also nice.

Really, just pick unlocks for whatever kit you play most.

Also, for the SF unlocks, use them in-game to get a feel for them.
DaReJa
BF2s US Server Admin
+257|6635|Los Angeles, California, US.
MP7 Is Great, But Yeah, Get the F2000.
Battlelog: DaReJa
MyBFi/BF3i Admin

AKA DanielRJ
GameSurge IRC Network, Support Agent and Staff
Phuzion IRC Network, Support Director and Operator
comet241
+164|6773|Normal, IL
g3, cause the pkm is just as good as the mg36 imo, and unless you play engi a lot, the jackhammer is a good gun, but not good enough to pick now unless you spam engi class...... p90 blows imo, low damage and poor accuracy means its only good at close range. at close range, i want a 12 round auto shotgun by my side
Not
Great success!
+216|6584|Chandler, AZ
The F2000 is deadly in single fire mode, as is the G3. Sadly though, it's the assault kit. It can kill infantry, that's it. I prefer a kit that can serve more than one purpose...hell even the sniper can throw down some well placed claymores, or shoot pilots out of choppers.

If you're like me, the p90 is totally useless. It's only good at medium to close range, but the DAO-12 is by far a better close range weapon, it's no contest. And if I'm playing AT anyway, I use the rockets to blow away medium to long range targets anyhow. It's a guided sniper rifle that 1 shot kills anywhere you hit the target, why would you want a low damage, medium range peashooter?

The only unlocks I still need to get are the MP-7, and the p90. I don't see a real need for either one of them since the weapons unlocked ahead of them are better suited to their kits.

The MG36 has a great rate of fire, and damage similar to the RPK-74, so it's a combination of the SAW and the RPK basically, making it great for tight alleys like Karkand has.

The Jackhammer does great damage, and reloads a lot faster than the DAO-12 if you like shotguns. It's also automatic.

Those would be my recommendations, only because the assault class is so narrowly useful nowadays. However, keep in mind that with the F2000 unlock, you also get a flashbang which is very useful in the right situations. Sadly though, those perfect situations are rather infrequent.
durkamoz
+5|6697
Thanks for the responses.  I know about the guns, I just wanted some opinions as this is my last unlock for quite some time (I don't get to play too often, so it will take a while to get another 12k points.)

I am leaning towards the G3 and the Jackhammer.  I use the PKM a lot so that is probably good enough for me, and the dao-12 is tight, so I don't really need the p90.
./3lue
+0|6768
the jackhammer is the best improvement you can make at this point.  The P90 is weak.

./3lue
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6780|PNW

durkamoz wrote:

which 2 should I pick?

g3
Jackhammer
P90
mg36

Give me your input!
You're going to find alot of differing opinions here.

G3 - solid unlock, if you like playing support. clips have very little ammo, but there's alot of stopping power
-> F2000 - has a scope, somewhat less accurate than the AK's, but flashbangs are useful in many situations

Jackhammer - an underrated shotgun, underpowered by EA and used incorrectly by many players; still, you're better off with the pump action, DAO-12, or the MP7
-> MP7 used to spit out bullets like there's no tomorrow, but the P90's rate of fire has been bumped up to match; still a great weapon for a few kills, but you don't get enough ammunition to really make use of it

MG36 - it's pretty good for when you're dealing with alot of enemies at short to medium range, but the bullet drop and deviation is too extreme for this LMG to outperform the PKM's control and long range effectiveness

P90 - it's a nasty little stinger for an AT guy to tote around. best used in someswhat close quarters, or on semi-auto at mid-range

You can test out alot of these weapons in SF, but pick what you plan to use the most.
CHRONICLE
Banned
+8|6580

durkamoz wrote:

which 2 should I pick?

g3
Jackhammer
P90
mg36

Give me your input!
WHO GIVES A FUCK JUST DO IT U IDIOT

STOP WITH THE USELESS THREADS
NM156
The H4xor Mod
+161|6855|North Texas

CHRONICLE wrote:

WHO GIVES A FUCK JUST DO IT U IDIOT

STOP WITH THE USELESS THREADS
Have a nice vacation.
=DHG=ArkAng37
+16|6612
Jack hammer! Its a good shotgun!
khmer
+86|6685|Central California
G3. I have the F2000, P90, and Jackhammer but never use any of them.

The other two I haven't unlocked yet. I probably won't use the mp7 when I unlock it because I like the stock shotguns better. Same with the mg36 because I like the PKM. But that's me. Sometimes I use the ones I don't use for the heck of it.

Last edited by khmer (2006-05-06 23:12:48)

Talon
Stop reading this and look at my post
+341|6768
We really need your stats, to see how many hours you've played with each kit and what maps you play. Still, G3 is a must for the ability to kill anything but support, assault or AT in 3 shots and those in 4.

The best other choice is between the F2000 and P90. If you don't play AT much, I'd go with F2000. The G3's 20 shot magaizne makes it a bit uselsss in close range maps, so if you play alot of Karkand the F2000 will also come in use. Also, its one of the most well rounded guns in the game. It can handle all ranges well. Plus, the flashbang greaneds can be very useful.

You'll notice that anyone who says the P90 is rubbish plays almost exclusively Strike at Karkand. Sure, its rubbish on that map, as well as Sharqi. However, on every other map in the game, the P90 is a massive improvement. Like the other SMGs it takes 6 shots to kill non-armoured, but its high rate of fire means that you can kill someone in the time it takes for them to shoot 6 shots.

If you truly play AT on maps with tanks, the P90 is the gun for you. You only get 6 rockets and there arent support players everywhere (in fact, they'll be almost none on large maps). So you dont want to waste your rockets on infantry. The P90 on single shot or firing in short bursts (with 50 shots you get a lot of bursts) is amazing at long range. You have time to go prone in a large map and really line your shot up.

And finally, you seriously damage a tank from 100m, and the driver gets out. DAOs not gonna help you. You'll be laughing when you kill them time after time with the P90.
Elamdri
The New Johnnie Cochran
+134|6654|Peoria
Looking at your stats, and the fact that you spend absolutely no time with Assualt, I would offer 2 suggestions.

The Jackhammer and the MG36, since they are your most used classes out of your remaining unlocks.

OR

if you wanna give assualt its deserved power, I would unlock the F2000 and the G3, since they are both very powerful.

I'm gonna suggest that you go G3 and F2000, because I personally feel that the stock shotties and the PKM are better than the Jackhammer and the MG36 respectively, while the G3 gives america a bit of power behind their class to compete with the ridiculously overpowered AK-101 and AK-47
Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6683|Canberra, AUS
Go grab the unlock test mod and try them there.
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard