77th|1st Lt. Werstein
+1|6810|Virginia, USA
good lord, i cant believe this...

ok, i was at a server and all the guys on there were starting to have a knife/ pistol fight...it was late at night so people were kinda out of their minds

so anyway, i get awarded the Basic AND the Veteran Pistol Combat Badge...and im pretty sure EA didnt record that i got both, so im stuck with the Basic Pistol Combat Badge

and as a result of this, i cant get to First Sergeant...any suggestions about fixing this?

PS: i have already tried to get it again......4 freakin times, and i got it.....4 freakin times, and nothin

Last edited by 77th|1st Lt. Werstein (2005-10-08 05:34:09)

McCullough
+7|6838
have the same problem as you dude. Have tried everything.nothing.
NM156
The H4xor Mod
+161|6846|North Texas
You both do in fact have the basic and vet.

I noticed last night, that the stats server is now reporting both basic, and veteran badges. Looks like they've fix the problem.
77th|1st Lt. Werstein
+1|6810|Virginia, USA
then why am i not getting First Sergeant?
crusaderop50
+1|6840
u guys better be careful.  those who spent their time in that kind of server will get punish.  stat restart is the obvious punishment.
Strayfire
Hooker
+0|6784|PA, USA
It wasn't a pistol/knife only server, they just had a big fight like that. Read his post.
77th|1st Lt. Werstein
+1|6810|Virginia, USA
yeah, it was like 3 in the morning...and the people on the server wanted something else so we all decided to do a huge knife pistol/fight...it wasnt a pistol/ etc. only server

and i know what can happen if your caught doing that
NM156
The H4xor Mod
+161|6846|North Texas

77th|1st Lt. Werstein wrote:

then why am i not getting First Sergeant?
Because, some time last night, the stats server updated your profile with the Basic Pistol Combat badge. It updated everyone's profile, not just yours. The Basic Knife was also awarded to the one's who were missing the Basic, but had the Veteran.

Now I'm assuming you only had the Veteran Pistol Combat badge, prior to last night. Is that correct? Well, up until last night, you were missing the Basic Pistol, thus you were not promoted to First Sergeant. You've now exceeded the requirements for the First Sergeant rank. So the system is now checking your profile for the next rank, which is Master Gunnery Sergeant.

The stats server reports you were awarded the Basic Pistol on Aug 21, 2005 10:45PM, which is identical to the date you were awarded the Veteran badge.

I hope you understood all of that.. It's a known glitch. I'm sure they'll get around to fixing that too, like they did the Pistol/Knife badges.
77th|1st Lt. Werstein
+1|6810|Virginia, USA
thanks a lot man, you cleared the fog in my head....thanks again

so now my focus should be on the Master Gunnery Sergeant rank?

i should be able to get that rank right?
Locarno
Boom!Headshot?
+2|6840|Scotland!

yeah, it was like 3 in the morning...and the people on the server wanted something else so we all decided to do a huge knife pistol/fight...it wasnt a pistol/ etc. only server

and i know what can happen if your caught doing that
EA is hellva gay if tyhey would punish someone for just having a pistol fight.  I mean, whats the world coming to.
NM156
The H4xor Mod
+161|6846|North Texas

thanks a lot man, you cleared the fog in my head....thanks again

so now my focus should be on the Master Gunnery Sergeant rank?

i should be able to get that rank right?
You're welcome. Yes, your focus should now be on Master Gunnery. There's nothing more you can do. The only problem is you're out-ranked by people that you should be equal with. Hopefully they'll fix this, before you have to put in another 150 hours.
77th|1st Lt. Werstein
+1|6810|Virginia, USA
lol, ill have a talk with EA personally before i put in another 150 hours in this game, even if its this fun
M730A2
+45|6694
I like pie - I like dragging up 3 year old posts... made you look
w00t
steelie34
pub hero!
+603|6381|the land of bourbon

M730A2 wrote:

I like pie - I like dragging up 3 year old posts... made you look
w00t
/ban
https://bf3s.com/sigs/36e1d9e36ae924048a933db90fb05bb247fe315e.png