JaM3z
Banned
+311|6718
Look i noticed in this other thread that most people think the assault is useless,  It is not.

Whilst it has its down sides it also has the massive upsides, take the AK101 this gun absolutly owns, take the G3 (best gun in the game) it absolutly owns, take the F2000 pretty crappy but it has the flashbangs.

A guide on how to use these supeiror guns;

AK101 - Great for long short/medium range and even long range on single shot, best place to use this gun is karkand when your waiting for USMC to attack the hotel, all you do is spray and USMC will allways pay.

G3 - Possibly the best gun in the game, this gun will pretty much come up top against many other unlocks its a powerful rifle and has great accuracy at short/medium and extreme long range.

F2000 - Not the best gun in the world IMO, but it has the flashbang.  The flashbang is the ultimate stopper to being base rapped, flash a tank and they cant see, or the best way to use a flash is on helicopters, flash one of them and they will 99% of the time crash and burn.

What i want to know is each of these weopons has its good points but yet people still bash the assault kit, ever since the noobs lost there o so precious GL they ditched the kit, why?  Im not personally a huge fan of the GL but you can still noob tube hop your way around karkand and any other map just to let you know, although it takes a tiny of bit of skill.

I regulary go a round of 30-40+ kills and 1-5 deaths with the G3 and its helping my KDR to get into 2.0, so why why why why why all this bashing about assault.

Take the medics, ok they have a kickass gun but they dont actually do anything, the most frustrating thing about this game is when a friendly medic runs over your dead body and doesnt revive you, or the way you have to spam "i need a medic here" in the HUD, same goes for support, ok they get a not so powerful PKM anymore but you still have to spam "i need ammo here" in the HUD aswell.

Personnaly i think EA should improve the assault class by making it the only class that can sprint and shoot, or something worth while.

So how many assault players are there out there?  And what servers do you play?

Anyway if anybody wants to get some decent ground-pounding in take a trip to 85.236.101.42:  16667
its my clan server, we dont really have any rules apart from no racism we dont have that word filter shit running either, and we play City Maps + Dalien Plant.

Last edited by JaM3z (2006-05-05 02:13:22)

Nikola Bathory
Karkand T-90 0wnage
+163|6794|Bulgaria

JaM3z wrote:

Personnaly i think EA should improve the assault class by making it the only class that can sprint and shoot, or something worth while.
Wrong!
There is no logic!
CrazeD
+368|6680|Maine
AK-101: The medic class also has this, therefore it's not exclusive to Assault, therefore it doesn't improve the Assault class in a unique way.

G3: Very small FOV when in zoomed mode, small mag size, not enough extra ammo.

F-2000: Horribly inaccurate, not very powerful. Flashbangs are useless. If you see someone throwing a flashbang, all you have to do is not look at it and you won't get flashed. Plus the effects don't last long even if you do get flashed, unless you are right next to it and staring at it.

Pros of Assault: body armor, grenade launcher

Cons of Assault: Crappy guns, can't sprint very long, not enough ammo, useless smokegrenades/flashbangs, no special abbilities.

By crappy guns, I mean the grenade launchers have no splash damage, meaning you have to literally hit a guys leg to kill him. The guns are inaccurate (except the G3, but you can't see very well through the sights), guns aren't very powerful...

The cons outweigh the pros.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6779|PNW

JaM3z wrote:

On one hand, you gusy about how great the assault class is, and on ther other...well...you say that EA needs to make it better.

I would like to see longer-lasting smokes. That crap doesn't stay up long enough to run across an allyway with your squad. Additionally, some reasonable amount splash damage MUST return to grenade launcher. I've exploded those yogurt cups inches away from prone sniper faces, to no effect. Currently, a medic with a couple frags is going stick it to an assault man's GL four times out of five.

Still, that being said, there's nothing wrong with their rifles.

[edit]for grenade launchers[/edit]

Last edited by unnamednewbie13 (2006-05-05 02:29:26)

JaM3z
Banned
+311|6718

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

JaM3z wrote:

On one hand, you gusy about how great the assault class is, and on ther other...well...you say that EA needs to make it better.

The only thing I would like to see for the assault class is longer-lasting smokes. That crap doesn't stay up long enough to run across an allyway with your squad.
hmmm making the smoke nades last as long as they do in CS would even do, not so its just a puff of smoke and they dissapere, but seriously they need something given back to them.
Flecco
iPod is broken.
+1,048|6672|NT, like Mick Dundee

I'm in Oz so you wont see me on any servers that you get a decent ping on. I play Assault, AT and Support all the time.

I still use the assault kit regularly and the GLs are still useful (gotta love surprising those snipers with them...).
Whoa... Can't believe these forums are still kicking.
Homercide
+21|6575
WHY is everybody complaining about the F2000? I don't get it. It's quite powerful, nice sights and it has a tube as well. I think it's a great unlock!
dop3man
I'm your pusher
+9|6745|yorkshire penisula
i play allot of assault,i love the rifles and the gl,ill admit it,im a nadewhore and a ak101 whore,i love that rifle.
im squad leader allot and i find being an assaulter helps allot in pounding on the ground and cappin flags,there aint much what people can do against the gl or ak.and havin a smokenade handy is a bonus aswell.
Brasso
+1,549|6638

Homercide wrote:

WHY is everybody complaining about the F2000? I don't get it. It's quite powerful, nice sights and it has a tube as well. I think it's a great unlock!
yeah.  the F2000 feels(speaking stupidly here) and sounds very powerful.  It also is, you just have to use single shot for long distance, burst-auto for medium, and full out auto for close range.  The GL is also very nice, although they nerfed the splash damage.  It also looks great!  Don't you think so? So sexy and curvy...
"people in ny have a general idea of how to drive. one of the pedals goes forward the other one prevents you from dying"
MarkPuppets
+16|6701|from my PC
G3 definately the BEST. Only problem is way too less meg and extra ammo. I do play as assult but if there is NO ammo around, I find myself as good as dead. Only G3 makes the assult class playable. Nade Luncher....for noob, I try not to take/use  them at all.....

Last edited by MarkPuppets (2006-05-05 04:57:03)

LaidBackNinja
Pony Slaystation
+343|6717|Charlie One Alpha
The GL HAS splash damage. Shoot someone with the AK101, wait for a medic to revive him, then blow both of 'em away with the GL . When I'm assault I use the GL a LOT, most of the time it's the only thing I use until I run out of grenades, then I switch to the AK101 or grab a kit off of a dead enemy

Last edited by LaidBackNinja (2006-05-05 04:59:50)

"If you want a vision of the future, imagine SecuROM slapping your face with its dick -- forever." -George Orwell
EnglishLion
+2|6587
The whole idea of BF2 is to squad up and have a selection of kits in your squad.  Each has strong points and weak points, if your squad's already got AT, Medic, Support, Engineer etc then picking Assault is a reasonable choice.  The G3 is a good weapon and the low ammo is not an issue as your support squad member has loads to give you!

Proper squads are ALWAYS at an advantage!
Homercide
+21|6575
Well the splashdamage is the same on all tubes isn't it? How come they didn't support the G3 with a tube as well? That would be sexy. Btw, is it just me or does it seem likely that H&K has some sponsorship with EA going on. I mean, 80% of all the weapons are H&K.
G36c,G36k,G36e,G3,MG36,MP5, did I miss any?
LaidBackNinja
Pony Slaystation

Homercide wrote:

Well the splashdamage is the same on all tubes isn't it? How come they didn't support the G3 with a tube as well? That would be sexy. Btw, is it just me or does it seem likely that H&K has some sponsorship with EA going on. I mean, 80% of all the weapons are H&K.
G36c,G36k,G36e,G3,MG36,MP5, did I miss any?
MP7?
"If you want a vision of the future, imagine SecuROM slapping your face with its dick -- forever." -George Orwell
voltage
+46|6848|Sweden
When people say a kit is useless, does that mean it's useless kit to pick or a useless kit to have in a squad?

Assault is useful for a squad simply because it's expendable, it have no special function that will be lost to the squad if the guy get killed. He can also have distance to the squad because of that. Could be useful for flanking maneuvers, you dont want to send the medic away because his presence may suddenly be needed. The smoke is useful for the rest of the squad as well, eg on the bridges on Wake or Mashtuur or any distance that have to be crossed without either protection or stealth.

I consider the assualt role to be ... assault. He should be the first guy in the flag area, he should draw fire and attention so that the rest of the squad can pick off enemies from behind.

The assault kit should have a different pistol, with more power and less accuracy. When the assault guy brings out the pistol it's because he's out of ammo, not for picking off snipers on distance.

Last edited by voltage (2006-05-05 05:19:27)

Username II
+3|6641
You should not need more than 10 G3 rounds to get a kill at moderate to short range. It's a great weapon. The GLs I find pretty useless since 1.2. Perhaps that's a good thing...

Last edited by Username II (2006-05-05 05:16:01)

JaM3z
Banned
+311|6718
well at least there are some people on this forum that like the assault class.

My personal fav is the G3 only thing i hate about it is the lack of ammo, if EA where only to increase this the assault class would be the best, even if they just increased the mag count it would be so good.

The F2000 is not that bad although it is so inacurate and i agree AK101 is a good gun but the G3 is so much better.
Homercide
+21|6575
What I think the assault class needs is more and better smokegrenades. Perhaps make smokegrenades recharge, like tanks/apc. Some will say it's unrealistic, but what about supportclass beeing able to resupply tanks/bomberjets with their ammobag of eternal happiness?
voltage
+46|6848|Sweden
Well at least the resupplying of smoke grenades should be quickened, it takes forever today.
LaidBackNinja
Pony Slaystation
I like to play assault a lot but I NEVER use the G3. It's just not accurate enough for me. Neither is the AK101, but at least that baby has the GL.
imdead
Death StatPadder
+228|6776|Human Meat Shield
I play assault constantly, it's the Meat Shield and can waste anyone at any length, the PKM people were at once at this level until the patch...again. You say the Medic has the same rifle, true, but in the assault class you don't have to heal people all the time; but I see your point, when medic you have the benefit of the same weapon and points as you heal other people. Assault class you are just going and with no worries, yeah, the G3 is that good! Dang clip was bigger it would be unfair.
JaM3z
Banned
+311|6718
yeah i should make a vote to get EA to increase the ammo clips maybe give us 5 or 6 or increase the amount of bullets we have in a clip from 20 to 50, then everyone would run around with the G3 though.

I just love the assault kit and think its pro's out weight its cons, but it serioulsy needs something special about it to make it a more choose-able class, because at the moment its a great kit but the smokes are pretty useless maybe they should just hang around for alot longer.

The comment on the time it takes for the smokes to recharge, its a joke that support can rearm a whole tank with 39 shells quicker then it can give me one smoke grenage
PunkX
stoned
+198|6631|Canada
I like the 101
Delphy
+45|6593|Bristol, UK
Nah assault sucks. G3 is decent but the clip is far too small, F2000 is ok at short range but comically innacurate when trying to use the scope. Your sight is looking up in the sky within like 3-4 shots! The GLs are not great, it's too hard to judge distance, and when you miss the guy will just go "yah, missed boomboom you die".
As said above flashbangs are not really a realistic choice if you want to kill someone.

Support is much better for killing troops in the close and medium combat arena. Plus you can spam grenades. Love getting like 10 grenade kills at the start of karkand!
Homercide
+21|6575
I think the tubes should get better splashdamage, at least the same as handgrenades. In real life a 40mm grenaderound has a killradius of 10-15 metres I belive. But also an armingdistance and arming time which in BF2 would make it less effective in close quarters.
The same goes for AT, at least Eryx has an arming distance I know. It also travels in a helixcurve which would make it almost useless against infantry.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard