+147|6683|Canada
have a look at firestorm.  He is a sniper and an effective one.  Nuff said
Spumantiii
pistolero
+147|6683|Canada

<{SoE}>Agamemnar wrote:

Spumantiii wrote:

Wrong. Firestorm spends most of his time commanding as a sniper... the kills he accumulates are mostly from artillery, which count globally for the kit you are using.

As I said, the only sniper worth a damn is a COMMANDER sniper because out of everyone on the team they have the right to sit still and have something to shoot at while their stuff is being refreshed.
Granted, but as a sniper there is alot more you can do than sit around camping, and bar none the sniper rifles have more dropping power at 50-75 m in closer combat than any rifle, then the guy gets closer if you didn't kill him use the pistol.  As soon as you're done capping a flag lay a couple of clays and request supplies.  The sniper tends to be the the fastest to find enemies in an open map especially with uav they get the first shots.  The sniper is weak because of lack of armor and no 10 foot rapid fire shotgun/g3.  The sniper is weaker because his primary shots usually only hit at range (unless you are one of those ppl who never lose a guy in the crosshairs) and because most ppl don't like secondary weps.  Clays are by far the most effective infantry tool available, I've seen so many ppl quit because of them lol, run away and drop one the enemy always follows and gets blown up.  I get within the top 3 in the round as a sniper often.  You're right, it's not like the other kits but it is just as useful once you get used to sniper tactics.  There is a psychology to following a guy with a knife too lol laugh if you want..  Which way will he turn, where is he going?

edit hey your sniper stats are good what are you bashing sniper for lol

Last edited by Spumantiii (2006-05-05 15:18:29)

YoBabysDaddy
+31|6824|St. Louis, MO
For me,sniper.I just find it boring as hell.
Mantis701
+6|6567|PA, USA
I think most people say assault is useless now because the noob tube isn't the most effective cheap tactic anymore.  Using the pkm is now the cheap tactic of choice.  Everyone who used assault before jumped ship when the new patch came out and supercharged the support class.  Whatever class can get you the most easy kills is where the noobs with no skills go.  All they care about is their stats.  As for me I use most classes except for sniper equally.  Not because sniper is weak, but because I suck at sniping.
Adonlude
+2|6780
Assault

I only rarely use it for the G3
Longbow
+163|6647|Odessa, Ukraine
Sniper with bolt-action rifle . Semi-auto rocks
JohnnyBlanco
+44|6571|England
Sniper is useless in the wrong hands, but you can distract the enemy with it and give normal infantry an advantage when they storm in. Engineer is a bit crap unless you tank it as the wrench only comes in handy very infrequently, but it is the weakest all round kit.
Terrible_chester
PKM Whore
+16|6636|Prolly on wake.
only kit that needs anything added is engineer. the weps sux IMO.

everything else is as it should be, with strengths and weaknesses.

the people complaining about assult are only mad they cant hop around and gimp out with the GL anymore.
Terrible_chester
PKM Whore
+16|6636|Prolly on wake.

Mantis701 wrote:

I think most people say assault is useless now because the noob tube isn't the most effective cheap tactic anymore.  Using the pkm is now the cheap tactic of choice.  Everyone who used assault before jumped ship when the new patch came out and supercharged the support class.  Whatever class can get you the most easy kills is where the noobs with no skills go.  All they care about is their stats.  As for me I use most classes except for sniper equally.  Not because sniper is weak, but because I suck at sniping.
your info is almost 2 patches old bro, PKM got the nerf stick but good so support class has been effectivley "balanced". I see almost as many assult players heaving GL shots as before, only they are standing on their feet when they do it now instead of hopping like a bunny. And the servers I play have me dying to G3 shots more than anything else.

On the flip side however I too sux at sniping.
ExtremeSpy506
Code Red Pro Sniper Guy
+45|6639|Olympus Mons, Mars
Spec-ops, Engineer
ThePriest1750
Tank commander
+83|6736|DUTCH snap ik!
assault
HisInfernalDeath
+23|6725|Belgium

<{SoE}>Agamemnar wrote:

Spumantiii wrote:

Wrong. Firestorm spends most of his time commanding as a sniper... the kills he accumulates are mostly from artillery, which count globally for the kit you are using.

As I said, the only sniper worth a damn is a COMMANDER sniper because out of everyone on the team they have the right to sit still and have something to shoot at while their stuff is being refreshed.
U probably totally suck as a sniper. That will explain the reason why u find it the most useless class.

Well let me ring a bell for ya.
There is no useless class in BF2.

Just try to take any control point from me (sniper). I'll defend it, you'll attack or the other way around. U can choose whatever class u want. Lets see who is useless.

Whenever i play with my clan we always go organised as a real life squad. Every class is needed. We dont need 3 AT's to destroy a tank. One AT and support do the trick. Just as simpel as that.

Good snipers take out lots of troops storming a control point, wich leads to an advantage for the assault men on the ground.

I could go on and on.
I will not try to change your mind, but please think before u conclude something.

But as i can see in that one other post u replied on me, the only way u can be good at something is by calling people names. Really grown up i must say.
rgraze
+6|6673
Assault,  You can find equal or better weapons on all the other classes,  The GL only works if you're right on target.  You only get 1 smoke bomb.  Your sprint sucks.  I used to play it alot and was very good with the GL.  I dont understand why people say it is for skilless players and noobs it does take aiming and it is part of the game, so you use it.  If you were getting killed alot by it then use it against them.  If it kills use it.  I'm certainly not going to take a knife to a gun fight.
Shadow893
lel
+75|6693|England
Assault
golgoj4
+51|6775|North Hollywood
I saw another comment on another thread which pointed out that assault players main purpose is that...assault. They arent worried about repairs or heals or destroying assets. Just taking flags and killing the enemy. Oh yeah, and as far as guns...maybe work on your accuracy instead of talking about how a gun sucks.
Spazz
+7|6567
snipppeeeer
A.Drew(G.Drew
+4|6740|Hamilton, Scotland
sniper, its just me, cause half the time u cant hide cos of the uav and stuff
plus tht camo does f**k all to make u unseen
Zaitik
+3|6576
"As much as I play Assault, I would also pick the Assault class as the most useless.  The Assault class guns should really be more accurate than the Spec-Ops and Medic guns, especially as run-n-gun weapons.  It's sad that the Spec-Ops class can run-n-gun better than the Assault class."

they maybe aint accurate cos you cant aim..
Miggle
FUCK UBISOFT
+1,411|6742|FUCK UBISOFT

engineer on battleracer mod, pistol is an airsoft gun, cant kill anyone
https://i.imgur.com/86fodNE.png
Vilham
Say wat!?
+580|6767|UK
Engineer for sure.
Sgt.Davi
Touches Himself At Night.
+300|6643|England

rdx-fx wrote:

Most useless class?

No-kit bug "class"
I totally disagree, after getting the no kit I snuck around to the hotel, lay down and tonnes of troops passed me thinking i was a dead body
Auqakuh2213
Bianchi Whore.
+53|6670
I think the most useless class is Geography. I mean, you could fit it all into longer Science lessons, to be honest.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard