Woodentop
+0|6810
Does the bit on bf2s that says if a player is online not work if you use a prefix on the new patch?
NM156
The H4xor Mod
+161|6839|North Texas
Opps... that's a problem. I just tested it, and the server reports the prefix in the status query.

Game-Monitor may have to switch from using account names, to PID's. Thankfully, the status query includes the PID.

edit:
Game-Monitor doesn't include the PID in their return status. I don't know if GM pings the servers directly, or if the players are returned from the master servers.

Last edited by NM156 (2005-10-07 14:04:38)

chuyskywalker
Admin
+2,439|6840|"Frisco"

Damn. Good point. That prefix thing was the dumbest idea EVER. EVER Garrrg!
Wojjie
+0|6838
I can implement PID just for this purpose I guess.

Currently I grab whatever the name is reported as, but I could add an 'extra' field in the database, which in bf2 would be the PID, but in other games might be something else. I will most likely have to implement this when I go to player tracking (not bf2s type tracking) where it will track how people do across all games.
kilroy0097
Kilroy Is Here!
+81|6835|Bryan/College Station, TX
There could be a separate search function that takes place right before you see your stats that you don't even see. A short script that search for the nick and then finds the PID and then shows the stats for the PID using the PID and never the nick directly. Regardless of the Prefix the PID should remain the same.
"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis
chuyskywalker
Admin
+2,439|6840|"Frisco"

Wojjie wrote:

I can implement PID just for this purpose I guess.

Currently I grab whatever the name is reported as, but I could add an 'extra' field in the database, which in bf2 would be the PID, but in other games might be something else. I will most likely have to implement this when I go to player tracking (not bf2s type tracking) where it will track how people do across all games.
That'd be awesome. I wouldn't however, place too much effort into it right now. It's not critical and I know you're busy with shit. it would be peachy if EA had just given us that freaking 50 line script to let us change the damn nick associated with a PID.

And, not to mention, the "tag" at the front wouldn't evenwork for my clan. You cant use the DASH "-" character!

Seriously, worst fucking idea ever. Just....just aweful.
US|dirtysouth
purple sticky punch
+0|6806|englewood FL.
ya i agree.....my tag is |US|, wat the prob here? ohh u can only add 3 letters..omg now all my friends that started accounts before i got them in the clan, are fukt!
so wen u see my |US| boyz and girls(2)...ull also see my other US boys  **shakes head**

Last edited by US|dirtysouth (2005-10-11 15:53:32)

Wojjie
+0|6838
Game-Monitor now tracks by PID as well, so chuyskywlk just needs to make a slight alteration to his query.

(psst... pid= )

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard