Todd_Angelo
Leukocyte
+336|6635|Warlord
I'm trying to encourage my brother to play so he, I and a friend can go as a three-man sniping team and I finally talk him into practicing sniping last night on a large Karkand server, he creates a squad called Snipers as per my suggestion and is setting up shop on the west slope when the commander (Inc|LoKi) tells him to go and attack one of the bases across the river. He keeps this up and my brother has little enough experience with the game that the command message on screen is distracting so I tell him to just hit Page Down but the order comes in again and again. Eventually my brother gets sick of this and tells the commander to take a hike; after a death (he was typing so of course that's when the enemy came at him ) he's making his way back to his spot and his team's artillery comes down on his head followed by the "Next time try following..." rebuke!

So has anyone played with Inc|LoKi? Is he just a dick or what?

On the upside, I offered to play for my brother (who left in disgust) to get the first two ranks so he'd have the unlocks he really needs - the M95 and the L85A1. Because he plays so little his page said:
Score: 304 of 800. At your historical rate, you should earn 496 in 92 days (or 14:11:43 straight).
...or one evening, whichever comes sooner LOL.

Along the way to 799 points I got him basic special ops combat and basic sniper combat, plus was fortunate to enter a game on Sharqi where we were already in the lead with no commander so I thought why not and I was lucky enough to get basic command too. Not a bad evening's work if I may say so myself
MB.nZ
+86|6782|New Zealand
I send this to him he will reply in a second
Todd_Angelo
Leukocyte
+336|6635|Warlord
He's a member here? Oh goodie.

Oops, just noticed this is in the wrong forum! Sorry about that mods.
[n00b]Tyler
Banned
+505|6602|Iceland
No offence to Loki but he can be a dick when he's a commander, he spammed the radio the whole round on a TOP server [his clan and MB.nZ are members] and ppl were like ''DUDE STFU'' and he went ''negetive'' for like 1 min and it gets annoying. But still I guess u can get bored when you'r a commander but what he is doing is just immature.

Last edited by [n00b]Tyler (2006-05-03 08:43:34)

no_today
+1|6636
a good commander tries to win the game... (don't we all?)
he is the person with the best view and information. he is the one to make the strategy.....
I think it's best to follow his leads.....

when your'e playing a clan server, expect to play in a team.
if you like to lone wolf or go after awards, there are plenty of EA servers at your service!

no offense, but thats why clans rent servers......
TF20-ferdy1010cie
+4|6665

[n00b]Tyler wrote:

No offence to Loki but he can be a dick when he's a commander, he spammed the radio the whole round on a TOP server [his clan and MB.nZ are members] and ppl were like ''DUDE STFU'' and he went ''negetive'' for like 1 min and it gets annoying. But still I guess u can get bored when you'r a commander but what he is doing is just immature.
M8 dont whine!!!!!
DrunkFace
Germans did 911
+427|6689|Disaster Free Zone

no_today wrote:

he is the person with the best view and information. he is the one to make the strategy.....

when your'e playing a clan server, expect to play in a team.
if you like to lone wolf or go after awards, there are plenty of EA servers at your service!

true the commander sees the whole picture but hes also asking 3 snipers to capture a flag... not what id call smart, and then wasteing the arty to TK them just to make a point also not team play. If it was a 16 player map then 3 people doing very little is devestating to the team, But if it was a 64 player map why cant the commander get someone else to get the flag someone better equiped and more willing.

The worst thing when being commander and issueing orders isnt that they dont accept them, but if they accept them and then dont follow them. At least if they say no you can find somone else, but if they accept you think that part of your "strategy" will be taken care of and when they dont follow you lose the advantage.
Darth_Fleder
Mod from the Church of the Painful Truth
+533|6814|Orlando, FL - Age 43
Inc|LoKi is not the one being a dick. A commander earns his points by winning. There is nothing more annoying than having squads that refuse to follow orders and cap flags. Your brother's refusal to follow orders is tantamount to being an asshat IMNSHO. I can tell you this, I wouldn't want to be on the same side as you and your buddies.

Last edited by Darth_Fleder (2006-05-03 09:22:07)

Todd_Angelo
Leukocyte
+336|6635|Warlord

no_today wrote:

As a rule I'd agree with you 100%.

no_today wrote:

None taken.

DrunkFace wrote:

true the commander sees the whole picture but hes also asking 3 snipers to capture a flag... not what id call smart...
ONE sniper. He was solo when the request first came in! Only had a squadmate later (pretty sure only one, I wasn't playing, just providing a second pair of eyes to help spot incoming threats).

DrunkFace wrote:

...and then wasteing the arty to TK them just to make a point also not team play.
Too right.

It was a large map by the way, not sure what the player load was but at least 50 and there were plenty of other squads that could have been tasked to do something like this - some of whom were already past Hotel!

Darth_Fleder wrote:

Inc|LoKi is not the one being a dick.
How do you figure that? He wasted an artillery strike on one of his own team for not taking an idiotic order.

Also bear in mind my brother was a PFC when this happened. I mean be realistic, would you order a single private to take a flag a kilometre away? Duuuuude.

Darth_Fleder wrote:

Inc|LoKi is not the one being a dick. A commander earns his points by winning.
Yeah, his points. What about my brother's points?

Darth_Fleder wrote:

Your brother's refusal to follow orders is tantamount to being an asshat IMNSHO.
Okay, lets you and me go into a map together. You go as sniper, I'll command and let me see you accept an order to cap a flag, on foot, at the other side of Karkand, passing through hostile territory the whole way

Darth_Fleder wrote:

I can tell you this, I wouldn't want to be on the same side as you and your buddies.
Hey buddy, check my stats before you jump to conclusions there; my caps are on pace with yours.
VeNg3nCe^
¦Tactics Øver Principles¦
+314|6714|Antarctica

Darth_Fleder wrote:

Inc|LoKi is not the one being a dick. A commander earns his points by winning. There is nothing more annoying than having squads that refuse to follow orders and cap flags. Your brother's refusal to follow orders is tantamount to being an asshat IMNSHO. I can tell you this, I wouldn't want to be on the same side as you and your buddies.
Yes, I'd say you were being the 'asshat' if anyone was, for not following orders and being a sniper tard.
tahadar
Sniper!!
+183|6746|Pakistan/England

VeNg3nCe^ wrote:

Darth_Fleder wrote:

Yes, I'd say you were being the 'asshat' if anyone was, for not following orders and being a sniper tard.
i should give you a +1 (cos u want -1s) for that, but im outta spendable karma at the moment

Last edited by tahadar (2006-05-03 10:24:28)

CruZ4dR
Cereal Killer
+145|6664|The View From The Afternoon
I played with Inc|Loki once, I was commander and he started a kick vote against me even though I told him I was doing my best (being honest I'm not a bad commander). Apparently the reason was that i TK'ed him with friendly arty, not on purpose. He said I was the worst commander he had seen and I told him he was a nerd.
Rumfuddle
+14|6726
I'm not positive but I think I've played with Inc|Loki as commander.  The map screen was covered with annoying red question marks from all the crazy spots and there were several mutiny requests.  I believe I disconnected because the constant MEC voice for enemy spotted was going to drive me insane.
[n00b]Tyler
Banned
+505|6602|Iceland

TF20-ferdy1010cie wrote:

[n00b]Tyler wrote:

M8 dont whine!!!!!
yes mr.kicks ppl out of the server for jets.
Todd_Angelo
Leukocyte
+336|6635|Warlord

VeNg3nCe^ wrote:

Aren't you banned yet? LOL

In case you missed the blatantly obvious: it was my brother who was playing. Out of curiosity, are all snipers 'tards in your book?

As I said to Darth_Fleder, let's see you accept an order to cap a flag on the other side of Karkand, solo, armed with a bolt-action rifle. Seriously, name the time and place and I'll be there to command and take screenies to record the event for posterity.
NASTIE_BUTLER
+55|6758|3 Miles west of smurf village
Snipers are tards and so is Todd for making this ridiculous post.   Listen to your commander or leave lil smurf.

Loki is in the right on this one and you are an idiot.
Darth_Fleder
Are you serious? You mean to tell me that you can't cap a flag as a sniper? That is exactly why I said that I would not want to be on your team with the three sniper squad.

Todd_Angelo wrote:

How do you figure that? He wasted an artillery strike on one of his own team for not taking an idiotic order.

Also bear in mind my brother was a PFC when this happened. I mean be realistic, would you order a single private to take a flag a kilometre away? Duuuuude.
Duuuuuuude, he had know way of knowing your brother was truly a noob. How many people have multiple accounts? No, it is not unreasonable to order a single sniper pfc or no to cap a flag. 

BTW did it occur to you that the flag the the commander was trying to send your brother to may have been undefended?

Todd_Angelo wrote:

Okay, lets you and me go into a map together. You go as sniper, I'll command and let me see you accept an order to cap a flag, on foot, at the other side of Karkand, passing through hostile territory the whole way
You're on. Why does it have to be on foot, though, is your brother not capable of hijacking a vodnik, hmmv? I'll start wherever your brother was and make my own way from there.

Before you do....read this post.....it's a classic.

http://www.totalbf2.com/forums/showthread.php?t=46805

Last edited by Darth_Fleder (2006-05-03 13:38:34)

Bigwrm
I want my money, or my bud!
+33|6667
Hey guys,  guess what?  People pay the same price as you for the game and can play it however the fuck they want.  They dont want to join a squad and whine over voice,  thats their choice.  If they dont want to do the commanders errands an entire round,  that is their choice.

Sure people that dont use team work and noob around a map piss me off,  but that is their choice.  Im pretty sure I didnt see anything in the rules about obeying commander or get kicked.

Sometimes I just want to smoke a fat joint,  listen to some tunes and smash some noobs for 20 mins.  If I want teamwork I get on TS with a few buddies.
Todd_Angelo
Leukocyte
+336|6635|Warlord

NASTIE_BUTLER wrote:

Snipers are tards...
Whatever. How's your sniping?

NASTIE_BUTLER wrote:

Listen to your commander or leave lil smurf.
Yeah, I bet you religiously follow all commander orders like a good little boy.

Darth_Fleder wrote:

Are you serious? You mean to tell me that you can't cap a flag as a sniper?
I wasn't talking about me, I cap flags just fine thanks

I capture regardless of what kit I happen to be wearing - better score/cap ratio than a whole bunch of higher-ranked players (like Butler for example, who plays deathmatch) - and I defend them more easily as a sniper than most any other class with the help of claymores.

Darth_Fleder wrote:

Duuuuuuude, he had know way of knowing your brother was truly a noob.
Fair enough, let's say that's true. But as commander I'm sure as hell not going to order any one-person squad to cap a flag on the opposite side of the map and expect to be listened to.

Irrespective of this, answer the artillery strike on his own team-mate issue. In fact I'm waiting with baited breath for Loki to justify it. It's just a stupid power trip from someone with too much time on their hands and as far as the game is concerned a waste of a perfectly good resource: this was a 64-player Karkand map, you know better than I where he could have placed the arty.

Darth_Fleder wrote:

BTW did it occur to you that the flag the the commander was trying to send your brother to may have been undefended?
Don't care. I wouldn't have accepted the order either and if he'd put artillery on my head for refusing it I would spawn back at the gas station and knife his ass for being a dick.

Darth_Fleder wrote:

Todd_Angelo wrote:

You're on. Why does it have to be on foot, though, is your brother not capable of hijacking a vodnik, hmmv? I'll start wherever your brother was and make my own way from there.
Yes it does have to be on foot since my brother doesn't know where the Vodnik is near Square and can't drive worth a damn anyway I can do this too, if I had to I'd skirt all the action and swim across to maximise the chances of not getting fragged on the way but shoot, I'm not going to do this because some power-hungry commander tells me to.

I'll see if I can find the server name so we can try it on the same server exactly but any busy 64-player Karkand might do. Then you name the time.

Darth_Fleder wrote:

Before you do....read this post.....it's a classic.

http://www.totalbf2.com/forums/showthread.php?t=46805
Given his attitude problem as shown above what passes for humour as far as NASTIE_BUTLER is concerned is of no interest to me. Also given how he plays I won't listen to anything he has to say on he game unless it's a tip on killing, which he'd be more than qualified for and I could sure use the help.
Darth_Fleder
I am generally free after 9pm EST
krazed
Admiral of the Bathtub
+619|6788|Great Brown North
well i can only go from my own experiences really, when i go as commander i order who is able to take flags to do so... not a single sniper on the other side of the map :\ thats just stupid, and its nice to see someone have an actual arguement to back up their complaint, other then OMG WUT A FAG!!!!!!!LOL
VeNg3nCe^
¦Tactics Øver Principles¦
+314|6714|Antarctica

Todd_Angelo wrote:

VeNg3nCe^ wrote:

Aren't you banned yet? LOL

In case you missed the blatantly obvious: it was my brother who was playing. Out of curiosity, are all snipers 'tards in your book?

As I said to Darth_Fleder, let's see you accept an order to cap a flag on the other side of Karkand, solo, armed with a bolt-action rifle. Seriously, name the time and place and I'll be there to command and take screenies to record the event for posterity.
FACT: sniper is the most useless kit
FACT: only the squad leader gets orders from the commander

yes all snipers are tards, because snipers are USELESS.  Your brother could have EASILY surrendered the SL possition to you, and the two of you could have actually LISTENED the the commander, capped flags, and WON the round.  THATS why you are a sniper tard.
Darth_Fleder
You know, I find it very unusual to be in agreement with you vengeance^
[BHA]*SharpShooter
Banned
+159|6587|behind you

Todd_Angelo wrote:

I'm trying to encourage my brother to play so he, I and a friend can go as a three-man sniping team and I finally talk him into practicing sniping last night on a large Karkand server, he creates a squad called Snipers as per my suggestion and is setting up shop on the west slope when the commander (Inc|LoKi) tells him to go and attack one of the bases across the river. He keeps this up and my brother has little enough experience with the game that the command message on screen is distracting so I tell him to just hit Page Down but the order comes in again and again. Eventually my brother gets sick of this and tells the commander to take a hike; after a death (he was typing so of course that's when the enemy came at him ) he's making his way back to his spot and his team's artillery comes down on his head followed by the "Next time try following..." rebuke!

So has anyone played with Inc|LoKi? Is he just a dick or what?

On the upside, I offered to play for my brother (who left in disgust) to get the first two ranks so he'd have the unlocks he really needs - the M95 and the L85A1. Because he plays so little his page said:
Score: 304 of 800. At your historical rate, you should earn 496 in 92 days (or 14:11:43 straight).
...or one evening, whichever comes sooner LOL.

Along the way to 799 points I got him basic special ops combat and basic sniper combat, plus was fortunate to enter a game on Sharqi where we were already in the lead with no commander so I thought why not and I was lucky enough to get basic command too. Not a bad evening's work if I may say so myself
Sad for ur bro
Todd_Angelo
Leukocyte
+336|6635|Warlord

VeNg3nCe^ wrote:

FACT: sniper is the most useless kit
yes all snipers are tards, because snipers are USELESS.
Ree-hee-hee-hee-HEELLY? I took this shot just for this sort of occasion:

https://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h187/Todd_Angelo/Snipers_Are_Not_Useless.jpg

And for the record: yes, this was all as sniper and all on foot. The 15 team points are for flag defends and kill assists.

VeNg3nCe^ wrote:

FACT: only the squad leader gets orders from the commander
Thank you Lieutenant Obvious.

What relevance does this have? When the order first arrived he was a squad of one - which any commander can see given half a brain, was composed of a solo sniper. And for the graphically challenged that's why the squad was called Snipe or Sniper.

VeNg3nCe^ wrote:

Your brother could have EASILY surrendered the SL possition to you...
I wasn't playing, I thought that was clear by now. Lemme check, yeah, it was. If I had been playing I would have gone and fragged Loki myself and let my brother practice in peace.

VeNg3nCe^ wrote:

...and the two of you could have actually LISTENED the the commander, capped flags, and WON the round.  THATS why you are a sniper tard.
Oh wow, you've like swayed me with your sound grasp of logic and reasoned arguments

Anyway, thanks for you input, I did ask for it. +1 for you, because I know secretly you want it.

Darth_Fleder wrote:

You know, I find it very unusual to be in agreement with you vengeance^
Hell of a time for it LOL

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard