Ryan
+1,230|6864|Alberta, Canada

i was just wondering if it was possible. because it would be nice to use you unlocks and get used to them in SP before going onto a multiplayer server.
Ryan_Mercury
"It's Recharging!"
+19|6841
Have you checked GAMEFAQS?

This is what it says but I don't know if it still works on singleplayer:

Unlock Special Weapons (Version 1.0.0 only)
Locate the file "unlocks.py" located in <Drive Letter>Program Files\EA GAMES\Battlefield 2\python\bf2\stats (or whereever you installed Battlefield 2, in the folders \python\bf2\stats), and open "unlocks.py" with Notepad.
(Before you open unlocks.py, you should make a backup of the file "unlocks.py" (just copy and paste the file) and rename the file to unlocks1.py)

Now you should see a whole bunch of codes. Press CTRL+F and find the word "defaultunlocks" (without the quotations).

this should highlight the line of code

defaultUnlocks = [0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0]

change all the "0"s to "1"s, so it looks like

defaultUnlocks = [1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1]

and now press CTRL+S to save.

Note: this only works for single player, this trick works for multiplayer, however, EA Games will ban your CD-Key for a week if they discover you are using this for multiplayer. So just replace the unaltered backup file of "unlocks.py" for multiplayer and vice versa.
Contributed By: jtslau
Ryan
+1,230|6864|Alberta, Canada

i have done that but it never did work
FFOLKES
+39|6784
You could use this that also has an uninstall when you want to play multiplayer online.

http://www.shadowreaver.net/~bf2sp64/Weapons_Unlock.exe

When I play SP I just install the small program and it works perfectly.  Then when I want to play MP I just run the uninstall.  Very small program that updates the bf2 mod files a little.  You can also copy the same files into any other mod to get all unlocks available.
FFOLKES
+39|6784
reply to #2

Doesn't work since 1.02 patch
DirtDemon
+0|6782
Once you unlock guns via online should you have access to them in single player?  I have 2 weapon unlocks but cannot choose it in singleplayer games.  The editing of the 0's to 1's seems to not work any longer with the .03 patch.  I figured once you gained the unlock officially you could use it in SP also but it doesnt seem to allow it??  Am I missing something??

Last edited by DirtDemon (2005-10-23 18:47:33)

DrDestruction
Utilityman
+1|6799
Unlocks have never been able to be "legally" used in single player.

Quite stupid, in my opinion, but whatever.
thinner44
+1|6830

DrDestruction wrote:

Unlocks have never been able to be "legally" used in single player.

Quite stupid, in my opinion, but whatever.
I agree, very stupid. This is a game where in SP mode there's absolutely no advancement. If you earn the points in SP mode, you should be able to do all the things you can in MP after all, there must be a way that SP can verify or 'save' your position in SP so that ranks and unlocks become available. It makes sense to me.

Chief of Staff: single player mode .... hell, President if you're that good

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard