CoconutBlitz
I've had the diarrheas since Easters
+145|6597|California U.S.A
So I've noticed one of the most frustrating situations while playing is something as follows:

You just entered a flag area which was just captured by the other team and you spy a nice armour vehicle maybe it's a APC, Tank, or even a AA armour that is unoccupied you notice that it is also quite a little distance from where you currently are standing.

So ya think to yourself...

"Bitchin' I'll just run over jump in it and re-cap this flag back!"

(running)

(*weeezing* *deep breathing*)

(out of sprint)

(trudgeing slowly back to walk)

(back to two bars of sprint)

(running again for 3 seconds)

(*weeezing* deep breathing again*)

(trudging slowly back to walk again)

(holding down "E" button)

"OOoh!! almost there!!!"

BONK!!!! (runs into side of armour vehicle)

"WTF???

(Looks down to keyboard makes sure your pressing "e" .... hear the engine start up on vehicle look back up to screen thinking...)

"Oh thank god about time I got in this.....OHhhhhh SHIT why is there a RED tag above this thing!!!"

*You were Killed by(insert name of the enemy who entered unseen from opposite side of armour first here)*

Damn I hate that 

Last edited by Seal 3 (2006-05-01 04:36:31)

Aries_37
arrivederci frog
+368|6583|London
HAHAHA this happens to me ALL the time. It's much less frustrating when you're spec ops though, at least all that sprinting doesn't go to waste.
lord_tyler_486
+54|6760|Upper Franconia
You wanna tell us that players should be able to enter enemy vehicles and kill the driver ?
CoconutBlitz

lord_tyler_486 wrote:

You wanna tell us that players should be able to enter enemy vehicles and kill the driver ?
Now that would be wicked, but I know I wouldn't like that if i was in the armour.

I'm pretty sure I locked the hatch behind me.

It seems most time that happens I'm only a kit with no armour offense capabilites or out of C4, mines, AT rockets etc... or alot of times I get ran over cause I'm outta sprint from the run.
CoconutBlitz

Aries_37 wrote:

HAHAHA this happens to me ALL the time. It's much less frustrating when you're spec ops though, at least all that sprinting doesn't go to waste.
Yeah I feel like that sensation when you run into a closed really clean sliding glass door...

Just kinda a shock, followed by a sore nose, and that feeling of i hope no one was watching 

ya know maybe EA/Dice should put in a mini-game so when both opposing players get to the armour at same time you play one game of Rock/Paper/Scissors  to see who gets in first
polarbearz
Raiders of the Lost Bear
+-1,474|6797|Singapore

Oh yeah? I hate that feeling of being ONE BAR of stamina away from cover. RUN PRONE JUMP SPRINT CROUCH WIGGLE JUMP RUN

BAM.

1 step before you turn the corner to get behind the wall.
EvilMonkeySlayer
+82|6660
I find stealing a tank when somebody has just jumped out to repair it much more fun and evil.

Especially to kill them, poetic irony.
Sarrk
O-O-O A-O A
+788|6663|Brisbane, Australia

Haha that would be funny, a mec and a us come to a standing agreement, onto where both participants will play a mini game of r/p/s and must sign an agreement not to kill eachother during said mini game, its like you see to people run to a tank and just sit there, then you zoom in and see them playing a game....

Edit: The title of the topic sounds like something outa the matrix

Trinity: Neo, it is time.....to enter the armor

or

You press the E button, and you enter a whole new world, you walk away, and things go back to the way they were, what do you choose neo?

Neo: *EEEEEEEEeeEEEEeeEEEEEEEE*

Neo: OMFG SO STRONG!!

Neo (Teamkills-Knife) Morphious

Neo: MIEN!!!!!

Last edited by Sarrk (2006-05-01 03:42:08)

CoconutBlitz

polarbearz wrote:

Oh yeah? I hate that feeling of being ONE BAR of stamina away from cover. RUN PRONE JUMP SPRINT CROUCH WIGGLE JUMP RUN

BAM.

1 step before you turn the corner to get behind the wall.
Or just as you do make it to that corner you trip a claymore

EvilMonkeySlayer wrote:

I find stealing a tank when somebody has just jumped out to repair it much more fun and evil.

As a Engi alot myself I do enjoy seeing the newer players just kinda carelessy wrenching on a armour and "e" in GTA style

On a Daqing Oil Field 64 game about a month ago this player I've shot a few times in the game was at that Power station flag in a tank he hopped out as I was looking to sneek in as a Spec Op kit myself saw he was wrenching so I ran to the tank and got in and quickly pressed "2" to go to the .50 on top and I pressed crouch so he couldn't see me and changed the camera view so I could see him.

well he was prob Trying to figure out why he couldn't get back in or why his previous ride had a red name tag above it now..after about a minute he got in on of those PLA transport jeeps and I switched to the tank turret blew him up in the jeep as he left.

I hopped out of this tank stuck two C4 and hid on the other side of the fence near the trees on that uphill side. And sure enough he respawns (since I didn't bother to cap the flag) hops in the tank and I det the C4.

Sarrk wrote:

Haha that would be funny, a mec and a us come to a standing agreement, onto where both participants will play a mini game of r/p/s and must sign an agreement not to kill eachother during said mini game, its like you see to people run to a tank and just sit there, then you zoom in and see them playing a game....

Edit: The title of the topic sounds like something outa the matrix

Trinity: Neo, it is time.....to enter the armor

or

You press the E button, and you enter a whole new world, you walk away, and things go back to the way they were, what do you choose neo?

Neo: *EEEEEEEEeeEEEEeeEEEEEEEE*

Neo: OMFG SO STRONG!!

Neo (Teamkills-Knife) Morphious

Neo: MIEN!!!!!
A little old acrade style rock/paper/scissor mini game with old NES 8 bit graphics would be hilarious And re: the "matrix" reference, 

Last edited by Seal 3 (2006-05-02 01:07:49)

tthf
Member 5307
+210|6765|06-01
i be that guy who got into that armor and waxed your ass......
i would.
CoconutBlitz

tthf wrote:

i be that guy who got into that armor and waxed your ass......
i would.
That'd be ALOT of wax. I have to comb my arse down the middle just to fart.
*ToRRo*cT|
Spanish Sniper-Wh0re
+199|6751|Malaga, EspaƱa
Same sh!t with Engineers,

you suddently spot on the map an empty armor...mmm is it going to blow up or is the engin doing some fixing?

Lets see you come close Yep its an engin alright
you take out the Eryx you aim
and Fire

Spffffffffsssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

BONK!

Huh? no kill....fuck the engin just entered the vehicule

and ofcourse he spots u in a second and spilled ur guts all over the place with the cannon.

happend to me a dozen times on kark...never had the luck of taking the vehicule over..
joker3327
=IBF2=
+305|6606|Cheshire. UK
I always get a warm glow( sad I know) when as an engineer you come across an enemy hoofing the wrench.....so you sneak a little mine front and back...sneak to a good vantage point...out the popcorn andbeer..and wait...   full repair in he jumps ..BOOOOMM....then I run off giggling like a school girl....
EvilMonkeySlayer
+82|6660

joker3327 wrote:

I always get a warm glow( sad I know) when as an engineer you come across an enemy hoofing the wrench.....so you sneak a little mine front and back...sneak to a good vantage point...out the popcorn andbeer..and wait...   full repair in he jumps ..BOOOOMM....then I run off giggling like a school girl....
I sort of did that once, I noticed a guy jump out his tank and start repairing it. So I sneak upto him, kill him with my shotgun and place mines at the front and back of the tank.

I then find myself a spot and wait in anticipation of a laugh, then some git on my own team takes it and drives off!

All that effort for naught!
The oldest chav in the world
+2,423|6681|Cardiff, Capital of Wales
If it's a jeep your after and an enemey jumps in, try and be quick enough to jump in aswell but not by pressing E. As soon as he stops hit E then F2 and shoot him, dead funny.
miancourse69
+33|6734|wales. uk

EvilMonkeySlayer wrote:

Thats why i drive around with a AT- mine on top(server rules allowing).
joker3327
=IBF2=
+305|6606|Cheshire. UK

1927 wrote:

If it's a jeep your after and an enemey jumps in, try and be quick enough to jump in aswell but not by pressing E. As soon as he stops hit E then F2 and shoot him, dead funny.
saw a guy do that on a tank.....tank driver "bob" trundles to a flag jumps out to cap it quicker....hitchiker "ted"was on top of the tank....  ok.... goes like this...

Bob...ok jumps out to cap flag...

Ted ....F2's into tank....drives off....

Bob .. Stands still wondering ok where did that go!

Ted ...stops

Bob ..runs towards tank shooting rifle ( that works!! not!! might scratch the paint) )

Ted .. drives off and pops smoke to add insult to injury.

Bob turns around for flag...too late.....

meanwhile im busy laughing myself sill...in the same spot.....and it starts raining!...(105mm arty rounds) ...hell I maight of got killed but ..funny does not even beging to sum it up...
chuckle_hound
+32|6675|Edinburgh, Scotland
I've actually managed to get into an APC at the same time as an enemy!

No jokes here.  We were playing Clean Sweep and I attacked the enemy airfield.  I made a dash for an APC and when I got in there was a player with a red name inside.  Wish I'd got a screen shot, wasn't entirely sure what to do from then on in.  I mean I'd kinda kidnapped him.
Mason4Assassin444
retired
+552|6670|USA
Speaking of frustrating....

My favorite part about Wake Island, besides 80% of the team hanging at the PLA runway like it was a drive-in movie, is somehow, someway, EVERY single buggy, hummer, transport, armor even will eventually be parked right beside where the PLA jet used to be. Like its a used car lot waiting for buyers. Since I spawned by the North Entrance of the airfield....as Support.....I have quite the fooking run (more of a walk) to just get to a set of wheels. I have now resorted to right clicking, dropping a grenade at my feet hoping the explosion will knock the sense into me that every other "uber pilot who ironically jumps in any vehicle known to man to beat everyone else to the ever-so-uber-super-duper-infantry killing machine".......because I must be the retard.

Thank YOU Mr. Fag airplane man for making it difficult for everyone else to get from A to B.....

MR FAG AIRPLANE MAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANNN!

Without you....where would we be...

NOT WAAAAAAAAAAAAALKKKKKKKKKKKKKKINGGGG!!!!!

Keep up the great teamwork...

YOUR DOING A GREAT GREAT JOOOOOOOOB!!!!
Gladiator08
Russell Crowe's Loin Cloth
+49|6721|Philadelphia, PA
i was to be able to throw grenades through hatchs... thats all. just imagine the bugs that DICE would come up with. Throw a nade in a hatch, OOPS! the nade falls through the tank and kills you.
The oldest chav in the world
+2,423|6681|Cardiff, Capital of Wales

joker3327 wrote:

1927 wrote:

saw a guy do that on a tank.....tank driver "bob" trundles to a flag jumps out to cap it quicker....hitchiker "ted"was on top of the tank....  ok.... goes like this...

Bob...ok jumps out to cap flag...

Ted ....F2's into tank....drives off....

Bob .. Stands still wondering ok where did that go!

Ted ...stops

Bob ..runs towards tank shooting rifle ( that works!! not!! might scratch the paint) )

Ted .. drives off and pops smoke to add insult to injury.

Bob turns around for flag...too late.....

meanwhile im busy laughing myself sill...in the same spot.....and it starts raining!...(105mm arty rounds) ...hell I maight of got killed but ..funny does not even beging to sum it up...
PMSL Thats one of the funniest moments Ive heard of that I can relate too, even funnier than c4'ing my own chopper up whilst full of voip squad mates. 1,2,3,4,5boom. "fuck was that"? to which the reply came "you only have 5 c4 packs". We'd all been smoking, a few drinking and laughed until Clean Sweep Ended.
AmBiTiOnZ23
Shoot that guy ->
+29|6749

Seal 3 wrote:

Aries_37 wrote:

Yeah I feel like that sensation when you run into a closed really clean sliding glass door...

Just kinda a shock, followed by a sore nose, and that feeling of i hope no one was watching 

ya know maybe EA/Dice should put in a mini-game so when both opposing players get to the armour at same time you play one game of Rock/Paper/Scissors  to see who gets in first
True story, I actually ran into a really clean glass sliding door and shattered it, I was running like full speed. I was about 12 at the time I think though...
CoconutBlitz

AmBiTiOnZ23 wrote:

True story, I actually ran into a really clean glass sliding door and shattered it, I was running like full speed. I was about 12 at the time I think though...
I also at age 12 ran face first into a sliding glass door didn't break the glass though. Wouldn't have been so bad execpt for the fact that the entire living room was watching as it was my Birthday.

Left a perfect impression of my face on the glass and spilled my Hawaiian punch.

The crowd did not stop laughing for at least 5 minutes.
Tweadle
+0|6575
What you need to do, Aries_37 is: GROW SOME BALLS. With BALLS, you could have knifed the tank, used the explosion's momentum to dodge the burning fighter plane that you just owned. But nevermind, some of us just suck lol!

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard