T4rd
+44|6667|West Point, NY
I just baught this Logitech Freedom 2.4 cordless joystick and it seems like a nice, high quality joystick and it's really smooth.  But I can't seem to find out how to calibrate it through the software that came with it or with the standard XP game controller properties app.  I need to calibrate it because whenever I'm flying, my plane is constantly rolling just slightly to the right.  It doesn't hinder my flight too much, but it's still annoying when I'm trying to line up bomb runs.  Anybody have any expirience with this joystick and how to calibrate it?

Last edited by T4rd (2006-05-02 05:44:03)

unbroken.m
+9|6734|Germany
I have that joystick, normally it's shown in the game controller section of XP.
Did you try the Logitech Gaming Software? There is no calibrating menu.
You have to use the XP one, you find it under "Properties" when you choose the Freedom 2.4. Try it, you should find what you searched for there!
Btw I have the same problem with mine, in addition I can't use the twist handle function well any more, 'cause the joystick didn't fully survive a ride in my bag...
I couldn't get that malfunction to disappear, it's still deviating when I'm flying jets.
Only chopper goes without problems.

Last edited by unbroken.m (2006-05-01 03:51:19)

T4rd
+44|6667|West Point, NY
Yeah, that's what I was talking about with the "standard XP game controller properties app."  That's the closest thing I can find to calibrate it, but it doesn't actually allow me to set the neutral postions for all the analog axis points on the joystick, it only lets me test all the buttons and analog controls.  I installed the Logitech software too, but it still has no calibration settings on it, only sensitivity and dead space on the joystick.  There's gotta be some way to calibrate this thing because there's no way a joystick can last for long without having to be re-calibrated after so much use.

Last edited by T4rd (2006-05-01 15:18:34)

unbroken.m
+9|6734|Germany
Hm, dunno, but please post anything you find out about this here.
chollie
+0|6562|Netherlands
I have exactly the same probs.
WIndows lets me test the buttons and axis.
when in the game i get into a plane, the plane move to the right, no way i can correct it, so i crash, heli is even worse,

I'm gonna mail logitech and ea about it and i drop some here if i figured it out,
(had the same probs with a logitech momo ff steering wheel. in grandprix4)
if you got a solution, please post it here?

regards,
chollie
T4rd
+44|6667|West Point, NY
Hmm.. this isn't very comforting, heh.  I have baught Logitech brand stuff for everything else and am impressed by it's quality.  I would have never thought they would slack on a Joystick like this.  I was thinking about taking it back and getting another, but it seems that prolly wont fix the problem.  The only thing I can think of right now is to allow a little more "dead space" in the X-axis (horizontal axis, I think) so that slight movement wont register.  But I dont like the thought of dead space in the first place.  You can configure the dead space in the Logitech software that came with the stick.  I havn't tried it yet, but will let you know if it works next time I'm on, or you can try it and post your results. 

Thanks guys,

Chris
KStryker
+1|6697|New York
ive had this joystick for several years...there is nothing to calibrate this joystick...out of box the joystick will have a slight tilt left or right...ur gonna have to deal with it.
pasngr
+50|6637
Many, many others have had the same problem with Logitech sticks, including me. 
http://www.circuitcity.com/rpsm/oid/806 … ew.do#tabs
T4rd
+44|6667|West Point, NY
Garbage...
T4rd
+44|6667|West Point, NY
Here ya go guys.  I found this lil app. that strips all calibration info on ALL game controllers on your PC.  It supposedly gets rid of any calibration issues you have with Logitech controllers.  I dont have time to try it right now but you all let me know how it worked for you.

http://www.driverstock.com/Logitech-Fre … index.html

Edit:  I took the time to try it anyway and it worked!!!  YAY!  No more wondering at ALL!  My throttle stick works in full analog now too!  Before it didn't.  This is a bad-ass lil driver.  I hope it works as well for you guys as for me!

Last edited by T4rd (2006-05-07 16:07:56)

khmer
+86|6669|Central California
I have the same joystick same problem never looked for the solution. It didn't bother me much because when I'm airborne the problem goes aways. Thanks for the driver. I'll try it out sometime.
chollie
+0|6562|Netherlands
I'll try it again, first time no succes....thanks 4 your search anyway.....

i'll hope i finaly get the chance to get that plane down.

edit: YES, it works. thanks mate!!

Last edited by chollie (2006-05-15 11:23:19)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard