Poll

Should TKs count for these weapons? (read post)

Yes29%29% - 28
No70%70% - 66
Total: 94
NemeSiS-Factor
Favorite Weapon? Pistol
+29|6685|Everett, WA, US
Alright, here is the scenario:  It's Warlord, I am a rebel and our only flag left is the TV Station Plaza.  I'm a sniper on my way to the roof of the TV Station and on the way up I plae a couple claymores at the top of two flights of stairs.  The rest of this is speculation, but I'm certain this is how it happened.  An enemy is rushing the stairs which has my claymore on it and is being guarded by FOUR support dudes.  Somehow he gets high enough (flashbang? teargas?) and lays down to avoid the claymore.  It blows up and he survives, but the four support guys are toasted by my claymore.  The instantly knew I killed them on purpose and they all punished me.  I got 0 kills on an enemy only claymore, and four TKs with punishment on the side.  that would be -32.  How nice for me.

I don't think they should even BE ABLE to punish for clymore TKs.

Here is another one:  Daqing Oil Fileds, I'm an American on the Essex gun.  A J-10 does a fly by and I blast away at him with some missiles.  Of course they all miss and a FULL blackhawk gets missile raped.  FIVE PUNISHES.  Luckily one guy was smart.  -44 for me this time.  I couldn't believe it.

Now for the poll, do you guys think you should be able to punish for being TKed with the following stuff?
-Claymores
-Mines
-Heat-seekers (from jets or AA)
Fabbi_Kanin
+46|6614
Absolutely not for claymores and AT mines. That's just lame.
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6789|Noizyland

Although if someone really wanted to they could intentionally teamkill with those weapons. I suppose you've just got to live with it.
[Blinking eyes thing]
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tzyon
rootbeer73
+24|6600|in a small dark place

NemeSiS-Factor wrote:

Alright, here is the scenario:  It's Warlord, I am a rebel and our only flag left is the TV Station Plaza.  I'm a sniper on my way to the roof of the TV Station and on the way up I plae a couple claymores at the top of two flights of stairs.  The rest of this is speculation, but I'm certain this is how it happened.  An enemy is rushing the stairs which has my claymore on it and is being guarded by FOUR support dudes.  Somehow he gets high enough (flashbang? teargas?) and lays down to avoid the claymore.  It blows up and he survives, but the four support guys are toasted by my claymore.  The instantly knew I killed them on purpose and they all punished me.  I got 0 kills on an enemy only claymore, and four TKs with punishment on the side.  that would be -32.  How nice for me.

I don't think they should even BE ABLE to punish for clymore TKs.

Here is another one:  Daqing Oil Fileds, I'm an American on the Essex gun.  A J-10 does a fly by and I blast away at him with some missiles.  Of course they all miss and a FULL blackhawk gets missile raped.  FIVE PUNISHES.  Luckily one guy was smart.  -44 for me this time.  I couldn't believe it.

Now for the poll, do you guys think you should be able to punish for being TKed with the following stuff?
-Claymores
-Mines
Daqing has  essex?
lord_tyler_486
+54|6767|Upper Franconia
I think he meant Dalian plant.
polarbearz
Raiders of the Lost Bear
+-1,474|6804|Singapore

4 TKs = -16.

For those who failed math

and 5 Tks on a full blackhawk = -20 points, maybe -25 with 5 team vehicle damage points.

Last edited by polarbearz (2006-05-01 00:52:41)

Zukabazuka
+23|6700
add -2 for team damage to so heatseekers often don't kill in one hit
Citizen One
한국 공주
+338|6664|South Korea.

Fabbi_Kanin wrote:

Absolutely not for claymores and AT mines. That's just lame.
Try playing Ghost Town with explosive friendly fire enabled, you cant move down a street without getting punished/teamkilled.
polarbearz
Raiders of the Lost Bear
+-1,474|6804|Singapore

Zukabazuka wrote:

add -2 for team damage to so heatseekers often don't kill in one hit
Team VEHICLE damage.
nikki_lighthouse
+5|6612

Tyferra wrote:

Although if someone really wanted to they could intentionally teamkill with those weapons. I suppose you've just got to live with it.
Thats the problem isn't it? Take off team kills for any weapon and you know what will happen... asshats TKing you with them LR&C. Imagine the scene at the airstrip, Clays and ATmines strewn everywhere.... "HEyn0oBtHAtsMYplAnEBooOOOOM!!!!"

On the other hand it is really annoying when people don't think before they punish. I guess one way or the other you are at the mercy of the other players on the server.   Maybe there should be some sort of incentive not to punish, some sort of medal or badge? But then I guess you would get TK statpadders.
[QXJZ]Capt_Kefra
Alright, you're good to go!
+124|6743|Honolulu, HI
Actually, it's a common misconception that a punish increases the point penalty for TKs.  The truth is a TK is -4 whether you're punished or not.  Likewise a team damage is always -2 and a team vehicle damage is always -1, though you can get multiple team vehicle damages before destroying it.  Punishes don't affect score, but count against you if the server has an auto-kick or ban in effect (typically 3 punished TKs = kicked or banned).

I always forgive if I get TKed by a friendly claymore; I know it sucks when you get robbed of your kills, too.  I don't drive vehicles enough to know what I'd do if a friendly mine or AA got me, but I'd probably forgive that, as well.

What also sucks is when a teammate gets the brilliant idea of running into battle while you're loading the area up with MG36 or PKM fire...What the hell did you expect, with me spraying 15 bullets a second into the 20 square feet right in front of me???
TheDarkRaven
ATG's First Disciple
+263|6639|Birmingham, UK
Well...how about this one. Yesterday on Wake Island 2007 (it's a rotation server) I was waiting for a jet with my squad-leader (we'd both just got wacked by the Essex and F35-B's combined - also, he's the better flyer). However, we had agreed whoever got the first jet should take it up high and wait for the other guy to get up in the jet so we can communicate and cover each other, a good idea. However, I get the jet and lo and behold, before I can get it off the ground this jumps in a car and blocks my path. He then drives towards me and jumps out of the car just in time. It nudges my car and damages me by about 1 ½ bars. He then does it again - car just doesn't have the momentum. Next time he goes right up to my jet, car hits stright into it and the jet blows up killing me and him - with myself getting the teamkill! To rub salt in the wound, he punishes me! How is this fair (I wouldn't of thought he would have done this - he is a Second Lieutenant)?

Last edited by TheDarkRaven (2006-05-01 01:23:20)

I.M.I Militant
We Are Not Alone In Here
+297|6734|Melbourne, Australia
punish should be on for claymores and At mines i think .. and servers should be over watched more by admins... to stop these auto punishin 2 year olds i remember for a short while the server i paly on had claymores an at mines off... and people were just spamming them everywhere it ruined the game...
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6731
i say the ppl who get tkd by clamores should die since they are idiots running into their own teams stuff. they should get neg points not the player who sets them . For AA... its just fucking retarded... fire missile! it makes a 90 degree turn into a friendly!
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
FFLink
There is.
+1,380|6706|Devon, England
u can go prone to avoid a claymore?

wow
LordDragonclaw
RPK-74 Whore
+26|6597
I agree with the first poster. I HATE when all your guys crowd by your claymore on karkand in the alleys and a lone enemy runs along and they decide not to shoot him till he blows your claymore so they can punish you. Also vehicly TKs like being run over SHOULDNT be punishable, I HATE it when some motherfucker jumps in front of your jet or jeep or tank or something and gets tked and decides to punish you like a faggot.
Mason4Assassin444
retired
+552|6677|USA

TheDarkRaven wrote:

Well...how about this one. Yesterday on Wake Island 2007 (it's a rotation server) I was waiting for a jet with my squad-leader (we'd both just got wacked by the Essex and F35-B's combined - also, he's the better flyer). However, we had agreed whoever got the first jet should take it up high and wait for the other guy to get up in the jet so we can communicate and cover each other, a good idea. However, I get the jet and lo and behold, before I can get it off the ground this jumps in a car and blocks my path. He then drives towards me and jumps out of the car just in time. It nudges my car and damages me by about 1 ½ bars. He then does it again - car just doesn't have the momentum. Next time he goes right up to my jet, car hits stright into it and the jet blows up killing me and him - with myself getting the teamkill! To rub salt in the wound, he punishes me! How is this fair (I wouldn't of thought he would have done this - he is a Second Lieutenant)?
I haven't been tk'd for aircraft in a month or so...but found when it did happen, 9/10 times it was a LT. or higher. Wierd. Or thats how they got to thier rank and they want to continue on the path of air flight. It would just be nice if they had some consideration. I know.....shit in one hand and wish in the other.
baune2377dk
+11|6592|Copenhagen / Denmark / Europe

rootbeer73 wrote:

NemeSiS-Factor wrote:

-Claymores
-Mines
Daqing has  essex?
Clay and other mines... hm.... No not really.

But some times U drop a grenade in on a flag or something. Example:

Three enemys securering a flag, I toss a nade in there, out of the blue a frindly jumps down from a roof, and get too whit his knife (nice anyway) and then the nade goes of! boom. One dead enemy and one TK.

I get punised! WTF.

I think people are way to hard on TK's.

-----------
after edit

I'm AT shooting at a enermy tank.As I hit a frindly spec obs is running up with his C4, and boom, He goes out with the tank - Punished! WTF

All i'm saying. Olny punish the indential TK's In dought. DONT punish. Few players really waht to make TK's!

Last edited by baune2377dk (2006-05-01 11:44:54)

Burning_Monkey
Moving Target
+108|6852
I think every weapon should count for TK.  Or else the TKing dumbasses are going to use those weapons all the time to get what ever they want.  It's bad enough as it is, why make it worse by allowing wannabe planewhores hop into a stinger emplacement and shoot down people with impunity?
cheshiremoe
Evil Geniuses for a sparsely populated tomorrow
+50|6724
I think I read that they are fixing the AA so that it will not lock on to freindlies in patch 1.3.
Burning_Monkey
Moving Target
+108|6852

cheshiremoe wrote:

I think I read that they are fixing the AA so that it will not lock on to freindlies in patch 1.3.
That would be a first.  I will believe it when I see it.
M1-Lightning
Jeepers Creepers
+136|6746|Peoria, Illinois

TheDarkRaven wrote:

That's why I only play on the Meatgrinder 70.86.130.170. Punish is turned off and admins boot the asshats along with an autokick at -14 if the admins don't kick them fast enough. That crap used to happen to me all the time. I got sick of it and looked for a better server. I still get nubs running their jeeps into my tank or jet now and then, but they get red in the face and their finger tip bleeds when the page down button does nothing for them. They can't force me to TK them fast enough to beat my SPM and they just end up with a whole lot of deaths now.
nodehopper
+56|6647
Ok....here is another really stupid one ......

On The Iron Gator the AA Gun is linked to who has the flag at the Viewing Deck. So I am MEC and in the Heli and I see an enemy sniper sitting just under the AA gun. I launch all my missles and kill the sniper but end up with 5 team vehicle damage messages scrolling across my screen. WTF !! (I had dropped my gunner off and he stole the enemy heli...so all I had were rockets.)

So I not only have to pilot, but also make sure I know who has the Viewing Deck flag and if my team owns it I can't shoot at any enemies that are even close to that AA gun.

Stupid!!

Last edited by nodehopper (2006-05-01 12:39:23)

NemeSiS-Factor
Favorite Weapon? Pistol
+29|6685|Everett, WA, US

polarbearz wrote:

4 TKs = -16.

For those who failed math

and 5 Tks on a full blackhawk = -20 points, maybe -25 with 5 team vehicle damage points.
It's -8 for every TK that comes with a free punish.
alpinestar
+304|6611|New York City baby.
TK's should absolutley count for explosions if teammate was near by, but no TK punish optiuon for it.
Afterall it is idiot that runs around HI-explosives lt 8 times out of 10, just an observation.

Last edited by alpinestar (2006-05-01 15:12:51)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard