xintegrityx
set your body ablaze
+37|6750|Louisiana
What happens when you fire an AT rocket but you die before it hits? I think the rocket disappears. I suspected it for a long time, then one day I was playing and somebody shot an AT rocket at a tank, but the guy died and the rocket vanished in mid-air. Anybody else seen this?

I think it's happened to me many times too. If it's true that the rocket disappears, I gotta say, that's pretty stupid...
dankassasin42o
+68|6700|Reefersyde, CA
i think it does, and thats BS!
Defiance
+438|6692

Yes the rocket disappears. This is a problem that ground pounders want changed, and tank whores want left just as it is.
FriiginChomper
+41|6722
when ive fired the SRAW/ERYX and i died, alot of the time my missle continues to kill the target, but some times it does not. i think the missle keeps going but because you can guide the missle, when you die and fall over, the missle just pulls down and then hits the ground. but ive never seen it Dissapear or anything like that.
Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6696|Canberra, AUS
Well, I once saw an SRAW go straight through me... (insta-death)

But most of the time it hits me and blows up.
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
Ac1dh0u$3
+7|6663|Northern Ireland
i think if you've just fired it and you die it disappears, but if its traveled abit and you die it does not disappear
birdman69
+11|6777|Toronto, Canada
Same thing kinda thing happens with gernades. 

I've been in situations where i've pulled the pin on my gernade (and heard the 'cick' to indicate that the pin was indeed pulled) and then am quickly killed.  I am then disappointed because the 3 guys it took to kill that are wondering around my dead body aren't all blow away by the live gernade that should have blow up after it fell to the ground beside me when I collasped dead.  This shit should be fixed via a patch.
Mr.Pieeater
+116|6645|Cherry Pie
Actually I really don't think that it disappears.  I have been in a tank, shot a guy and when he died the SRAW went upward.   Which makes sense because when you die in the game you fall face up...  So that would mean the SRAW would curve upward.  Sounds logical doesn't it???   I'm really not sure.
420JOKES
+-1|6662
it does dissaper at least the granada thing i would like to pull pin and run in and get killed then i die the grnada rolls out of my hand and explodes but sadly it doesnt happen that way
Ban_Evasion
Banned
+0|6593
Kinda sucks...but it really doesn't effect much overall. I doubt many games were lost or won over one rocket disappearing
RGB|Apocalypse
+1|6782
I kinda agrees with this though it's not because of the bug that made me said so.

I used to be very pro AT kit. I love the DAO and guided rockets kick arse! The recent bugs made some of them miss but I still hit armour pretty good with it. I guess really low ping (like less then 50 avg) helps.

But recently it seems to be so much harder to kill armour using the AT kit. Engrs riding in armour columns are virtually impossible to destroy with AT kit... Even when the damn rockets don't miss.

I give my lovely rockets a miss now for the ENGR kit now. AT mines are killers, just sneak up to the capping armour to put forth and aft of it. Moves an inch and BOOM!!
genius_man16
Platinum Star whore
+365|6699|Middle of nowhere
In my experience it doesn't go away, believe me, i've killed many an Anti-Tank after they shot their missle and it still has hit my beautiful tank *tear*

maybe your aim is off? who knows, but i've had a lot of experience with that and as far as i know, it just keeps going straight from where you left it when you die
TheRealRyanRay
+22|6594|Gainesville, FL

birdman69 wrote:

Same thing kinda thing happens with gernades. 

I've been in situations where i've pulled the pin on my gernade (and heard the 'cick' to indicate that the pin was indeed pulled) and then am quickly killed.  I am then disappointed because the 3 guys it took to kill that are wondering around my dead body aren't all blow away by the live gernade that should have blow up after it fell to the ground beside me when I collasped dead.  This shit should be fixed via a patch.
the same thing has happend to  me quite a few  times
xintegrityx
set your body ablaze
+37|6750|Louisiana

genius_man16 wrote:

In my experience it doesn't go away, believe me, i've killed many an Anti-Tank after they shot their missle and it still has hit my beautiful tank *tear*

maybe your aim is off? who knows, but i've had a lot of experience with that and as far as i know, it just keeps going straight from where you left it when you die
I dunno, there have been plenty of times where the rocket was headed straight for the tank, I get gunned down before it hits, and there's no sound of the rocket exploding.

And whoever gave me negative karma from this thread... WTF?
Lurch_454
+5|6626
I've had many a rocket do nothing after I get gunned down. So I'm pretty sure they just dissapear.
SiMSaM16
+48|6714|United States of America
I think its 50/50....

Ive seen sometimes where it has kept going when u die and sometimes it seems like it disappears
Fatman
=cREE=
+11|6656
Most of the time for me, it keeps going to the target, because I use AT as an anti personnel weapon because its so satisfying outsniping snipers with an sraw. =P I've had a lot of situations where i fire off a rocket and i get killed by the guy I'm shooting at, so we kill each other.
ExtremeSpy506
Code Red Pro Sniper Guy
+45|6659|Olympus Mons, Mars
If someone hits a bazooka at a person, they will kneel, then fall facedown.
jax
+12|6788

ExtremeSpy506 wrote:

What? hits a bazooka?
ExtremeSpy506
Code Red Pro Sniper Guy
+45|6659|Olympus Mons, Mars

jax wrote:

ExtremeSpy506 wrote:

What? hits a bazooka?
I mean if a guy gets hit by a rocket, they will kneel, then fall facedown.
lordgeno
Enemy Bush Spotted!
+18|6734|asshole of the planet, NM, USA
i've been in many a tank and killed loads of peeps shootin rockets at me and their rockets never dissapered, 'cause they hit me.  However, I've backed up with the tank and killed a guy shootin at me and his rocket just nosedived into the ground.
MrKamikaze
+10|6662|East
ya i think it does too, probably just to avoid unfair situations where both ppl kill each other

although your rocket vanishing in thin air is also unfair...
Chillin&killin
+27|6696|Manchester,England
The shot just dips and depending on how close it is to the tank/apc it will just hit the floor
alpinestar
+304|6617|New York City baby.
feels like grenades and rockets are the same in that matter
FesterTheMolester
BF2s US Server Admin, IRC>Forums
+157|6661|The Mind Of A Cereal Killer
i think it may be a critically wounded-vs-killed deal, but i dont know, just a thought

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard