Clockwork-Ownage
+10|6538

vpyroman wrote:

You do realize that you can't Squad Leader cycle anymore? So that means if your the SL and you die you can't just leave and come back and spawn on the new guy.

This also means you can't spawn on the SL when a round starts. So that means there are 32 people on that carrier at once. Easy commander kills
This sums up what I was going to say perfectly, rotation of the SL is SO important, and it distributes time of SL to everyone.

But, on the other hand I like the idea, and because I/we like it, doesnt categorize us as being whiners....

The real whiners are the ones who are scared of a gameplay change and don't look at it as a way to spice things up.

No, the real whiners here are the exploiters and of course, now they'll have to find some other way to change the game machanics on theyre own.

Why is it always the people that dont like change, are always the first to call whiners out on someone else?

Nobody whined about anything, just stating opinions with the every so often humorous anecdote.

Maybe, instead of calling everyone whiners, you "whiner-insinuators" need to learn how to hold DISCUSSIONS, rather than childinsh flamefests.
Vilham
Say wat!?
+580|6736|UK
Ok... ppl just to make this clear coz i got - karma from some guy coz he thought i wanted squad hopping removed...

1.READ THE POSTS BEFORE YOU DO ANYTHING.
2.I dont want squad hopping removed.
3.I made this post for a debating perpose not slagging.
4.I made this post so that people became aware of the petition.
5.Its not my petition.

Now is that clear enough for you all?!

PS if you give karma or take it dont be a coward and put ur name on the comment.

Last edited by Vilham (2006-05-06 07:14:49)

jrockyourdome
Banned
+10|6582|yourmomshouse
Sometimes most of the time. I would love it if someone would spawn on me . Like I love when people join your squad and, u see them like once in the game.  So it won't change my game. I create them, people join them ,once a day I'm lucky if I fight side them. NOOOB BF2  get your copy all you 6 to 14 y,o . Pimps and players c-ya in my sights..
xaven
+25|6703|Berlin

Cougar wrote:

Empathy wrote:

8v8 you can have all squads, theres a max 9, 8 players, everyone can be a spawn point, its an important part of current 8v8 gameplay that everyone can potentially bring in reinforcements. It makes it quite interesting IMO.

I'm starting to fall back a bit, I'd like to see this be a server DVAR so that server admins on servers i'd call "noob" can set it to off if they wish, but we can have it on for our matches and for our servers. It would make both groups of players happy IMO.
Agreed.  I think it would be an extemely bad idea for them to take the feature out, mainly because most clans are against it and if they leave, so do 3/4's of the ranked servers, which in turn means people have no where to play and then reg players leave the game.  Pretty soon there will be more people playing BF1942 than BF2.

Don't take it completly out but give server admins the ability to turn it off, just to make the crybaby's happy.
www.bf2.se/petition

thats all I can say.
Empathy
+12|6670
signed it. ownage, I have to agree with you 100%. I'm willing to change my gameplay. I don't want to. I'm not an exploiter by any means. When it comes to an FPS game, certain game mechanics don't need to be changed to bring balance to the game. Thats my position on it. This is one of those things that isn't game breaking thats getting nerfed anyways.
SineNomine
Panzerblitz
+37|6692|SPARTA
I didnt read the whole thread, so forgive me if anybody said this before.
Ok, this change may make squads sticking together more than before. The leader must stay behind, maybe, but who is giving him points for HIS teamplay then?
kilroy0097
Kilroy Is Here!
+81|6813|Bryan/College Station, TX
Just because this hasn't been clarified completely.

It does state you can't spwan on your the squad leader of the squad you changed to untill you have respawned at least once. However does this effect squad changing if you have not died yet?  i.e. you are still alive and you change squads because you seem to be operating with a new squad in your immediate area or your current squad sucks or something. Does this mean now that you are in a different squad when alive that when you die you still will magically spawn on your old squad leader? Or is this an exception to the rule stated?
"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis
Vilham
Say wat!?
+580|6736|UK

kilroy0097 wrote:

Just because this hasn't been clarified completely.

It does state you can't spwan on your the squad leader of the squad you changed to untill you have respawned at least once. However does this effect squad changing if you have not died yet?  i.e. you are still alive and you change squads because you seem to be operating with a new squad in your immediate area or your current squad sucks or something. Does this mean now that you are in a different squad when alive that when you die you still will magically spawn on your old squad leader? Or is this an exception to the rule stated?
I believe that if you change squad while still alive you wont be able to spawn on any squad leader until you have atleast spawned from a fixed position, ie the green dot will disappear from the menu till you have spawned again, which sucks. There is no way around the respawning until you have spawned from a fixed location once.
Clockwork-Ownage
+10|6538
It would be fine iuf they limited the squad hopping so that you can only hop within the very first squad you create. you should be able to rotate WITHIN a squad, I can see why they're changing it though, its tons of folks spawning on any squad at any time, if we were limited to only jump with the first squad we join in game, we'd be all right...

Is that even possible to do?

edit:There would also have to be a way to mutiny a squad leader as well, but vote only within the squad.

If I'm workin with my normal squad, whoever is the medic becomes the SL when cappin a flag, and he gets himself some distance away. Works well.

Last edited by Clockwork-Ownage (2006-05-07 09:47:34)

Sgt.Davi
Touches Himself At Night.
+300|6613|England
Squad hopping is tactical, IMHO

If not unrealistic

Last edited by Sgt.Davi (2006-05-07 09:48:04)

Empathy
+12|6670
kilroy: good question. This will probably be one of those unanswered "panic points" for us pro-hopper players.
ownage: I'd be content with that too. I mean, IRL, (of course we cant spawn) but if the SL died, a new one would be assigned right away (most likely the next highest ranking officer in the immediate vicinity). Maybe EA could make this an automatic function of the game. say a squad is working in an area, and the SL goes down. The squad leadership would automatically go from the dead player to the highest ranking player in the squad nearest the SL's death point. This would get rid of going into a squad and finding that you can't spawn cause the SL died, and it would make squad hopping alot less necessary.
sgt.Davi: I agree. And this is a game, not RL.
Viper007Bond
Moderator Emeritus
+236|6775|Portland, OR, USA

I use it a ton, but I can see why it's being removed.
https://bf3s.com/sigs/044900892044e7fc95e599e832a086ae9bcd7efb.png
TheBelcorwyn
The Man With the Golden AK
+21|6610|Gainesville, FL

Vilham wrote:

...you must spawn first before you can spawn off the squad leader.
WTF?  Are you saying that you must spawn at a flag once, and only after dying can you spawn on a squadleader?  Or are you saying that there's going to be some kind of "double-spawn," wherein you spawn at a flag, then immediately "warp" to a squad leader?  If that's the case, wtf is the point?

Please clarify, your post is a little unclear.

Belcorwyn
ShEpArD_oF_rOt
+16|6536|Illinois
You have to spawn at a flag once before you can spawn on a squad leader.
TheBelcorwyn
The Man With the Golden AK
+21|6610|Gainesville, FL
Ah, DICE, have you not heard that often-quoted adage concerning the painter and his painting?  Cease your superfluous brush strokes--you mar your own masterpiece!

Belcorwyn
Viper007Bond
Moderator Emeritus
+236|6775|Portland, OR, USA

TheBelcorwyn wrote:

Vilham wrote:

...you must spawn first before you can spawn off the squad leader.
WTF?  Are you saying that you must spawn at a flag once, and only after dying can you spawn on a squadleader?  Or are you saying that there's going to be some kind of "double-spawn," wherein you spawn at a flag, then immediately "warp" to a squad leader?  If that's the case, wtf is the point?

Please clarify, your post is a little unclear.

Belcorwyn
No, you actually spawn at a flag and then use a jetpack to fly over to your squad leader. Make sure to pistol some people on the way though.
https://bf3s.com/sigs/044900892044e7fc95e599e832a086ae9bcd7efb.png
Fabbi_Kanin
+46|6569
It will improve the teamwork BUT I am personally against this, as it will take longer time to spawnat the leader and he might be dead then.
Vilham
Say wat!?
+580|6736|UK
Well all that dont want it removed you know what to do... Sign sign sign

Btw incase you hadnt noticed petition link in my sigy.
Toxin
+8|6526
I like this idea.  I love the idea that it will encourage better teamwork within the squads.  And anything that gets the game closer to a more realistic Battle Sim is a + in my book.  The excuse that it hurts clan play means zero to me.  I play for recreation only.  Any changes that come I'll adapt to.  Keeps the game from getting boring.
Flecco
iPod is broken.
+1,048|6635|NT, like Mick Dundee

k1LLr_M wrote:

there are several topics about this... seeing as how it is big news you probably should have SEARCHED
Anyways, sign it if you haven't, whether you want to admit it or not you have probably used this feature and liked it.
Got problems with people using it against you? Why? All it means is more kills for you if you're in the right place at the right time with the right gun... I personally love both usages of squad hopping.
Following an enemy SL with a pump-shotty is almost like statpadding.... So many kills so easily....

EDIT

Toxin wrote:

I like this idea.  I love the idea that it will encourage better teamwork within the squads.  And anything that gets the game closer to a more realistic Battle Sim is a + in my book.  The excuse that it hurts clan play means zero to me.  I play for recreation only.  Any changes that come I'll adapt to.  Keeps the game from getting boring.
Bugger realism .... I play this game because it is so chaotic and so unrealistic....

Last edited by Flecco (2006-05-16 15:02:15)

Whoa... Can't believe these forums are still kicking.
Roger Lesboules
Ah ben tabarnak!
+316|6547|Abitibi-Temiscamingue. Québec!
Well actually they must just leave it this way cuz it is pefect but if they change it....i can say that much people will just be lone wolf most of the time...as the biggest advantage of the squad will be took away....and for teamplay...you know that bf2 is made from about 85% 12 years old noob wich never teamwork nor give heal/ammo when asked to.
Vilham
Say wat!?
+580|6736|UK

Toxin wrote:

That isnt going to happen though, people will just go lone shark, the only reason i join squads is if we are fighting a good team, i want a spawn point, chopper copilot and if i want my squad time up.
Toxin
+8|6526

Vilham wrote:

That isnt going to happen though, people will just go lone shark, the only reason i join squads is if we are fighting a good team, i want a spawn point, chopper copilot and if i want my squad time up.
Let's be fair, you really don't know what will or will not happen.  So basically, you're a rambo now...unless it suits you....and you'll be a rambo after the patch.  Got it.  Hopefully, this change will force people to use squads like they are meant to be used...as a tactical team...not as a spawn point.  I am, however, in favor of them making this a server toggle.  It really doesn't matter to me either way...I'll still play no matter what.
Jerriko
+0|6524
I agree with DrunkFace on the previous page: It will be debilitating for my friends and me, who game together, but also for the random consciencious players, playing alone, who do pay attention to the squad line-ups and adjust squad leadership accordingly, especially to cap points behind the "lines".  This is, of course, fairly rare outside of "clan" conditions.

On the other hand, as others have mentioned, maybe this will impart some real stability to the battlefield, a facet  I've heard some regret not having.  I think the reason Wake Island is so popular and successful (probably the most played PLA map) is that you can really achieve a couple of high population, high intensity static frontline combat situations, where two huge forces get to slug it out face to face.  It's something the game, with its generally more fluid battlefield situations, has trouble accomplishing, so it's refreshing to have a more "true-to-life" battle here and there.  Why doesn't anyone play Kubra?  I tend to think it's a poor map because the terrain is too broken up and doesn't really lend itself to condensing the action to a few places on the map.  Anyway, my 2 cents, and a little off topic.

There is, of course, a real danger to Wake's "balance", if you think it has any.  When playing U.S., I tend to not spawn for awhile so I can watch the tactical map to see which squads are about to make landfall, then spawn on them.  It's a waste of manpower to spend minutes in a dinghy just to get taken out as you reach shore.  Unrealistic, I know, but necessary when the U.S. often has such a tough time making landfall.  Even with squad hopping, you usually have to fight tooth and nail to establish a beachhead.  If the squad hopping revision goes through, I would guess that by the time the U.S. even capped a point and stopped hemorrhaging tickets, their ticket count would be in the double digits, while China would still have upwards of 200.  And it could be even worse, especially if the commander is actively working with skilled J-10 and Z-10 pilots to seek out every incoming boat on the map.  And those that did make it to shore, without having much squad support, wouldn't last long. 

In any case, for better (for most of the maps which aren't very linear) or for worse (on the few that are), it'll make the game more linear.
Toxin
+8|6526

[UCF]Dauntless wrote:

An EA Community Update wrote:

Thanks for being such great fans of Battlefield 2. We've been listening to you and we're determined to make Battlefield 2 the best online shooter experience out there. We hope you like the changes that are coming.
We've been listening to you... lol sure they have...

More than 10,000 people signed a petition against it but did they listen or care?

No
How many users play Battlefield 2??  I'm curious as to how many would sign their name to a "I'm for the change" or "I don't care about the change" petition?

Taking the number off the Leaderboards from BF2S it shows about 326,551 players.  10,000 people equate to just over 3%.  In the grand scheme of things, that's not that many.

Last edited by Toxin (2006-05-18 12:49:59)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard