dankassasin42o
+68|6672|Reefersyde, CA

Vilham wrote:

dankassasin42o wrote:

The only reason you and your clan need more then 1 squad, is if you have more then 6 people, or are having pilots/gunners.   THE ONLY REASONS.   the other reason they'd take squad hoping out.    ITS PART OF GLITCHING.  how else that fag in the wall get all them people with him????
Im guessing you dont play clan matches then cos then you would know that you dont have one squad you have atleast 2 in a 5v5 and in 8v8 you have about 3.
5v5, 8v8  is pussy to me.     i dont play anything less then 20v20 32v32,  it take mores skill to play in larger numbers, then less then 10 per side. thats just noobish.
dankassasin42o
+68|6672|Reefersyde, CA
haha an Vilham ive gotten more + karma from this subject then your -'s youve given me
capitan hoff
+4|6632
i dont spend 20 hours of each day playing battlefield so i dont want to spend what little time i do have running from the "closest" spawn point all the way to where the action is... you do realise that if this idea goes ahead there will be no transport vechiles available beacuse most people with leave with just them selves leaving everyone else to run for miles to get there...
Empathy
+12|6693
8v8 you can have all squads, theres a max 9, 8 players, everyone can be a spawn point, its an important part of current 8v8 gameplay that everyone can potentially bring in reinforcements. It makes it quite interesting IMO.

I'm starting to fall back a bit, I'd like to see this be a server DVAR so that server admins on servers i'd call "noob" can set it to off if they wish, but we can have it on for our matches and for our servers. It would make both groups of players happy IMO.
Cougar
Banned
+1,962|6757|Dallas

Empathy wrote:

8v8 you can have all squads, theres a max 9, 8 players, everyone can be a spawn point, its an important part of current 8v8 gameplay that everyone can potentially bring in reinforcements. It makes it quite interesting IMO.

I'm starting to fall back a bit, I'd like to see this be a server DVAR so that server admins on servers i'd call "noob" can set it to off if they wish, but we can have it on for our matches and for our servers. It would make both groups of players happy IMO.
Agreed.  I think it would be an extemely bad idea for them to take the feature out, mainly because most clans are against it and if they leave, so do 3/4's of the ranked servers, which in turn means people have no where to play and then reg players leave the game.  Pretty soon there will be more people playing BF1942 than BF2.

Don't take it completly out but give server admins the ability to turn it off, just to make the crybaby's happy.
Vilham
Say wat!?
+580|6759|UK

dankassasin42o wrote:

Vilham wrote:

dankassasin42o wrote:

The only reason you and your clan need more then 1 squad, is if you have more then 6 people, or are having pilots/gunners.   THE ONLY REASONS.   the other reason they'd take squad hoping out.    ITS PART OF GLITCHING.  how else that fag in the wall get all them people with him????
Im guessing you dont play clan matches then cos then you would know that you dont have one squad you have atleast 2 in a 5v5 and in 8v8 you have about 3.
5v5, 8v8  is pussy to me.     i dont play anything less then 20v20 32v32,  it take mores skill to play in larger numbers, then less then 10 per side. thats just noobish.
There are no leagues with 20v20 or 32v32 so obviously you dont play clan matches and this feature therefore doesnt affect you so go away.

PS clever you about the Karma you can only give 1 karma per person a day dunce so ofcourse you might have got more karma, that doesnt change the fact that you only have 3. And btw this post have given me +9 karma so im not complaining. Please dont try and start some stupid argument by being a gay and giving some one - karma for writing cos, that just being pedantic, grow up.

Last edited by Vilham (2006-05-03 03:44:02)

I.M.I Militant
We Are Not Alone In Here
+297|6712|Melbourne, Australia
at first i dis agreed with the idea but it incourages more teamplay which would be nice =]
vpyroman
Aeon Supreme commander
+16|6609|UCF
You do realize that you can't Squad Leader cycle anymore? So that means if your the SL and you die you can't just leave and come back and spawn on the new guy.

This also means you can't spawn on the SL when a round starts. So that means there are 32 people on that carrier at once. Easy commander kills
FriiginChomper
+41|6694
Dank assassin, your first post really had nothing to do with the topic, there is alot of people like you so dont feel alone. All your post did was critisize another player """cos"""" of something he said, and alot of people do this. It does not help them at all by calling them a noob and making fun of them. Maybe you should try telling him something else or using "Constructive Critizim", other than just calling him a noob as he is only one rank lower than you.  If you guys wanna fight, do it with messages.

**Now something Relative to the Topic**

I dont think Ea should take away the Squad Hopping, It isnt realistic but i do that sometimes. Its very good when you have like 4 guys in a squad all working together, and when one dyes the alive one becomes leader and everyone spawns of him. But it is sort of unrealistic.
They should make it like BF::Veitman (thanks for correcting me), where the squad leader can lay down moble spawn points for his squad.

Last edited by FriiginChomper (2006-05-06 00:19:11)

Kratos Aurion
+36|6635|Sweden
If you don't want the sqad jumping removed sign the petition.

http://www.bf2.se/petition/
FriiginChomper
+41|6694
Already Signed it Mate
Stubbee
Religions Hate Facts, Questions and Doubts
+223|6736|Reality

.:ronin:.|Patton wrote:

when me and my clan play, we each are squad leaders so when one of us is at a flag we can all leave our squad and join that one person at a flag, this patch is gonna mess up all our shit, i wish EA would stop changing features in the game that have been around since day 1, especially one that no one ever complains about.
i guess the old AA missiles, bunnyhopping dolphin diving etc. etc. etc. should be brought back ?They were there from Day 1 !
The US economy is a giant Ponzi scheme. And 'to big to fail' is code speak for 'niahnahniahniahnah 99 percenters'
Aggpirate=US=
+0|6560
THIS SUCKS NO SQAUD HOPING!....this is going to make the game more slow paced
DrunkFace
Germans did 911
+427|6674|Disaster Free Zone
I really dont see why this is only a "clan" problem it effects everyone. I love to squad hop to get to the action quicker and/or go help a squad capture a flag behind the front line. The best thing about the "good" squad was that they could all fight and if the leader died he could leave/join a spawn straight back with his squad.

With this "fix" (if you can call it that) will mean either the squad leader is forced to hide so the dont die and gives a tactical spawn point, or fights dies and then has to take a long trip to regroup with his squad. And if hes trying to capture a back flag and dies he has to take the long trip back wasting time and well who could be bothered.

This feature will mean all the defending team has to do is kill the squad leader and that will eliminate all renforcements. People will say that it encourages you to work together as a squad but a squad with leader rotations are the best and what happens if your in a squad where the leader just keeps dieing or is nowhere near the action and doing nothing, makes changing squads harder and less usful to the team.

When I go to capture a flag away from the main battle i usually start a sqaud so that when people die and they see squad "X" in a good postion to capture flags they can join and spawn on me. If thats not team work i dont know what is, It may not be helping your original squad but its a team game not a sqaud game.

Last edited by DrunkFace (2006-05-05 01:40:09)

Vilham
Say wat!?
+580|6759|UK

Kratos Aurion wrote:

That was in my post btw, its in my sigy..
Vilham
Say wat!?
+580|6759|UK

FriiginChomper wrote:

Dank assassin, your first post really had nothing to do with the topic, there is alot of people like you so dont feel alone. All your post did was critisize another player """cos"""" of something he said, and alot of people do this. It does not help them at all by calling them a noob and making fun of them. Maybe you should try telling him something else or using "Constructive Critizim", other than just calling him a noob as he is only one rank lower than you.  If you guys wanna fight, do it with messages.

**Now something Relative to the Topic**

I dont think Ea should take away the Squad Hopping, It isnt realistic but i do that sometimes. Its very good when you have like 4 guys in a squad all working together, and when one dyes the alive one becomes leader and everyone spawns of him. But it is sort of unrealistic.
They should make it like BF1942 (i think it was bf1942), where the squad leader can lay down moble spawn points for his squad.
So true... however i dont believe that spawn thing was bf1942, unless that was a mod.
Kratos Aurion
+36|6635|Sweden

Vilham wrote:

Kratos Aurion wrote:

That was in my post btw, its in my sigy..
Yeah, I saw that now. A little to late. Sorry mate.
But it's good that as many as possible sees it. I know many of you alreafy have signed.
G3|Genius
Pope of BF2s
+355|6619|Sea to globally-cooled sea
I signed the petition moreso because of the squad leader cycling than the squad hopping.  true, I like to be able to hit a squad leader closer to the action, but if they give a squad leader the option of resigning while still staying in the squad, similar to a commander can, then I'd be ok with it.
dankassasin42o
+68|6672|Reefersyde, CA

Vilham wrote:

dankassasin42o wrote:

Vilham wrote:

There are no leagues with 20v20 or 32v32 so obviously you dont play clan matches and this feature therefore doesnt affect you so go away.

PS clever you about the Karma you can only give 1 karma per person a day dunce so ofcourse you might have got more karma, that doesnt change the fact that you only have 3. And btw this post have given me +9 karma so im not complaining. Please dont try and start some stupid argument by being a gay and giving some one - karma for writing cos, that just being pedantic, grow up.
the reason you cant get a good game with more then 8 people, is you dont know more then 8 good people.   i could start my own matches 32v32, granteed theres more then 8 people in each clan.     and your right i dont play clan matches for the reason your clan sucks an only has 8 people in it.
dankassasin42o
+68|6672|Reefersyde, CA
Also im signing your petition with racist comments, foul word, and other offenise things, so when you send it to eat they say, " WHAT A JOKE"  and send your petition to their recylce bin,  where its goin anyway.
Vilham
Say wat!?
+580|6759|UK

dankassasin42o wrote:

Vilham wrote:

dankassasin42o wrote:

the reason you cant get a good game with more then 8 people, is you dont know more then 8 good people.   i could start my own matches 32v32, granteed theres more then 8 people in each clan.     and your right i dont play clan matches for the reason your clan sucks an only has 8 people in it.
Um as i said before there are no leagues with 20v20. The reason you dont play in clan is because your not good enough to get in one with a KD ratio like that im not surprised and my clan has 15 members, but that doesnt change the fact that leagues use 5v5 and 8v8.

Its not my petition dumbass, and seeing as you can only sign once per computer, your talking through ur arse, and even if you are doing that to spite me your a fool and are going to become a hate figure if the change goes through, i hope you get alot of - karma. Now please shut up and go away if your not going to be constructive.

Last edited by Vilham (2006-05-05 13:12:27)

unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6764|PNW

The only reason EA is killing squad hopping (leader leaving a squad, rejoining/spawning on the new leader) is that people are complaining about it. Its removal is a bit of a mixed blessing. On one hand, squads will be much easier to kill off if they aren't supported by a medic, which is a good thing. On the other, the squad leader will find himself being badgered to find somewhere to hide and act as a mobile spawn spot, while staying out of action. This is hardly representative of squad leader tactics, which is a bad thing.

Like they should have in so many other past changes, EA should make it a server toggle...
0mikr0n
Airborne Clan
+19|6688

dankassasin42o wrote:

why is it noobs complain about every patch, where as half decent players adapt an over come???

I thought the mods were stopping BS crying posts as this one?
You got negative one Karma for not only being a whiner about "whining". As a matter of fact, he was just stating his opinion about how he doesn't like the change. You calling us "noobs", "complainers", "pussies", non-decent players, "crying" noobs, and "bullshitters" is more of the noob thing to do than us civilized players who come on and constructively settle our differences, rather than flinging names at each other. Also, this board's moderators are most likely hand-picked for their calmness and decisiveness, and none of them scream "ban" whenever someone voices what's on their minds. So I'm sure our mods are doing an exceptional job in keeping "BS crying posts" like yours under lock-and-key.

No offense, but could you please lighten up and learn to accept other people's opinions? It's an opinionated world; adapt, like you say, or die.

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

On the other, the squad leader will find himself being badgered to find somewhere to hide and act as a mobile spawn spot, while staying out of action.
I can just imagine this now:

"STUPID SQUAD LEADER!!! STOP FIGHTING, YOUR JOB IS TO LET US SPAWN!!!"
"OMG STUPID SQUAD LEADER GOT KILLED. F$#@ YOU!!!"
"WTF I HATE SQUAD LEADERS WHO FIGHT!"
"SQUAD LEADER SHOULDN'T BE FLYING!!!! OMG TEH SUKK!!"

Sound familiar? They're being "commanderized".

FriiginChomper wrote:

They should make it like BF1942 (i think it was bf1942), where the squad leader can lay down moble spawn points for his squad.
You're thinking about Battlefield: Vietnam, with the Vietcong's tunnels.

Last edited by 0mikr0n (2006-05-05 23:36:18)

UallCRY2much
+-2|6559
Guess what its official you all cry 2 much especially u dankassassin
FriiginChomper
+41|6694

UallCRY2much wrote:

Guess what its official you all cry 2 much especially u dankassassin
!!AMEN!!

and thanks for correctiong my with the spawn thing, ill edit my post and change it. : )

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard