Smoking_Killer
+0|6596|Hialeah,FL/Miami
I need help now my game wont work with Xfire and well i dont know how to make it work again soo someone plz help wat i did was change the name from BF2.ex to BF21.exe can someone plz help me???
liquidat0r
wtf.
+2,223|6627|UK

Smoking_Killer wrote:

I need help now my game wont work with Xfire and well i dont know how to make it work again soo someone plz help wat i did was change the name from BF2.ex to BF21.exe can someone plz help me???

badhq wrote:

Additional Notes

* If you do this and use XFIRE, you may need to change your Xfire_games.config file to:

[4578]
LongName=Battlefield 2
ShortName=bf2
Icon=bf2.ico
LauncherDirKey=HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Electro nic Arts\EA GAMES\Battlefield 2\InstallDir
LauncherExe=BF21.exe
Found in: C:\Program Files\Xfire\xfire_games.ini

Press 'Ctl + F' and type 'BF2', click 'find next'

Make sure you're looking at 'Battlefield 2 and not 'Battlfield 2 Demo'

Last edited by liquidat0r (2006-06-29 07:18:27)

Smoking_Killer
+0|6596|Hialeah,FL/Miami
0o0o0o0o0o0o0o im dumb i saw that and eerything...lmao just for that im giving you +1
Smoking_Killer
+0|6596|Hialeah,FL/Miami
I still cant get it to work im doing somthing wrong and dont know wat it is i put [4578]
LongName=Battlefield 2
ShortName=bf2
Icon=bf2.ico
LauncherDirKey=HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Electro nic Arts\EA GAMES\Battlefield 2\InstallDir
LauncherExe=BF21.exe
under game path,and still nothing and i went to games.ini and BF2 was not there only demo showed up
liquidat0r
wtf.
+2,223|6627|UK

Smoking_Killer wrote:

I still cant get it to work im doing somthing wrong and dont know wat it is i put [4578]
LongName=Battlefield 2
ShortName=bf2
Icon=bf2.ico
LauncherExe=BF21.exe
under game path,and still nothing and i went to games.ini and BF2 was not there only demo showed up
have you restarted Xfire?
Smoking_Killer
+0|6596|Hialeah,FL/Miami
just did and that didnt work...do you have xfire?so you can help me?
Smoking_Killer
+0|6596|Hialeah,FL/Miami
i change it back to BF2.exe,i deal with having lagg,but thxs for your help.

Last edited by Smoking_Killer (2006-06-29 07:51:30)

1MaNArmY
+2|6798
nice work
lukeiamnotyourfather
Joe's Crematorium, You Kill'em, We Grill'em!
+37|6676
Step 1: Visit http://www.microsoft.com/windows2000...exctrlst-o.asp and download. It says its for Win 2000 but it works on XP.
Step 2: Once installed Go to C:Program\FilesResource Kit and run Exctrlst.exe. Select each line in the “Extensible performance counters” window and clear the “performance counters enabled” button below. This must be done for each counter. When it’s finished, just exit the utility.

the link doesnt go to the right place
RastaJon
+1|6485
Thanx for writing such an amazing post its helped me soooo much iv been having problems with BF 4 2 months and now its works fine no probs at all

+1

(would give u +1 but cant no enough points, sorry)

Last edited by RastaJon (2006-08-01 08:14:11)

--->[Your]Phobia<---
+35|6756|UK - England
It would have been an idea to mention the 'Original' author instead of claiming it

Still a good find for people who have not already read it

Last edited by --->[Your]Phobia<--- (2006-08-01 14:04:27)

Jeret03
+2|6631
DO NOT CHANGE YOUR BF2.EXE FILE NAME! IT WILL CAUSE PUNKBUSTER KICK YOU FROM SERVERS, THINKING YOU ARE USING A NO-CD CRACK.

This does not happen in all servers and it took 3 days for it to happen to me.  It only happens on servers that have the latest version of punkbuster installed.  I kept getting kicked from games with (md5tool mismatch bf2.exe (len=2048).  It took a while for me to figure out what it was and change my bf2.exe file back to the original name.  After that, everything runs fine.

Please delte this from your recommendations as punkbuster does not allow it.
boarder4592
+0|6477
hasnt happened to me and ive been using this for 2 weeks
Jeret03
+2|6631
you probably haven't been on a server that manually updates it's punkbuster.  if you do then you will be kicked.
DumpsterDiverr
+0|6458|Pinellas Park FL
The link you gave for the exctrlst.exe doesnt work for me.
If it isn't working for anyone else...
I looked around for a minute or two, and found the link.
You need to validate though, if you have the java disabling script, I don't think it will work.
So I hope you have a valid copy somewhere, if not try AIMing me for Exctrlst.exe, and I can give you it from my computer.

AIM- DumpsterDiver727

Download Link- [url]https://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=7FF99683-B7EC-4DA6-92AB-793193604BA4&displaylang=en[/url]\

Ohh and by the way, EndItAll isn't free anymore. You should fix this stuff, and clean up the end of the post.

Last edited by DumpsterDiverr (2006-08-22 14:48:12)

Empthy
+1|6440
my xfire isnt working properly - ive followed the steps and when xfires running and im playing bf2 i cant click scroll lock + X to do the chat, but i can hear the chat and when i minimize the game its there on the desktop, it jst doesnt pop up in game
Empthy
+1|6440
bumb.. any help with xfire?
Phoenix2
Professional Medic Whore
+43|6529|Karkand
bump much
Empthy
+1|6440
no i jst wanted help quick
russ)=spetsnaz
Banned
+131|6456|the guy in the hind on gator
thanks for the tipsss
RandomSchl
|\/|€|\/|߀|2
+52|6444|California
when u put the .bat shorcut file on ur desktop do u click on that to make it a high priorty application or can u just click on the regular Bf2 shortcut??
Empthy
+1|6440
i think u have u click the .bat icon, but jst add it to ur desktop
RandomSchl
|\/|€|\/|߀|2
+52|6444|California
o ok i already added it to my desktop and stuff so thats all i needed to kno.
[Wildcard]DaMaverick
+4|6487|Near the sky
Hello all,

Does anyone knows what is the first setting of the punkbuster for TIP 1???
I prefer to know what is intial value before to change it.
Thx for your answers m8 !!
GG
Empthy
+1|6440
punkbuster scans every 20 or so seconds

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard