Mr.Pieeater
+116|6626|Cherry Pie
Myth 4 = Funny

Myth 5 = it takes maybe 1 minute for the supply crate to regenerate and besides, most tanks just drive off from the supply crate because they didn't need one in the first place...  Give that sniper the supply crate to give him more Claymores to DEFEND a control point, which is very important as well.  Or give that Anti-tank on top of a building the supply crate to reload his SRAW or RPG-7 so that he can attack the enemies tanks...  Which then in turn would STOP them from capping your control points...  Its all relative man..  I say if a guy is desperate and smart enough to ask for a supply crate and you have a fully charged one ready to go, give him the damn thing and make him happy.  Then maybe he will listen to you when you send him a command... WHICH MOST PEOPLE DON'T LISTEN TO YOU...  Just a thought.

Oh yeah, and don't EVER use a supply crate to repair assets.  Jump your little Commanding/engineer ass in a vehicle and drive you way on over to that destroyed asset... That is what I do and it works beautifully...  What else would a commander be doing that he doesn't need to be Engineer? 

If we are concerned with what is best for the team (which this thread is), then we need to do what is best...  Not using supply crates on assets = more supply crates to make teammates happy!  And a happy team, is a winning team...  Usually...

Last edited by Mr.Pieeater (2006-04-30 20:02:04)

david363
Crotch fires and you: the untold story
+314|6741|Comber, Northern Ireland
well i have heard the myth that if you use the right ammount of C4 and position it in a certain place you can blast yourself onto any roof, wana test it?
ddknight31
+12|6653
Myth 7: I have been on Oman and seen the other team with every piece of armor on the map and they shut us out! I was on the US side. Armor, more than one, and you will cap the flag easy. If the drivers of the tanks are both eng then you got a Juggernaut!
Knight`UK
Lollerstorycarpark
+371|6582|England

ddknight31 wrote:

Myth 7: I have been on Oman and seen the other team with every piece of armor on the map and they shut us out! I was on the US side. Armor, more than one, and you will cap the flag easy. If the drivers of the tanks are both eng then you got a Juggernaut!
On Oman that might be true m8 shutting you out but your pilots and commander let you down that day .Like i said i despise people who are armour whores.I do agree it does take a lil bit of skill to keep racking up the kills and getting a huge streak without dying but i still say get a good squad of 6 players in a pub server all on voip or the teamspeak there get 3 Anti-Tank 2 special ops and a medic .And you WILL get them back and win with MEC side .
superfly_cox
soup fly mod
+717|6783

Myth 12: Commanders don't make a difference:  they make all the difference.  unfortunately not many good ones out there. lately less and less people want to take the post unless its karkand/mashtur or sharqi where they are guaranteed nice kills.  A good commander will not only spot/uav/arty/supply but will defend key base/assets.
superfly_cox
soup fly mod
+717|6783

Myth 13: I play better with booze or weed: Uhmmm...you're more likely to play (or keep playing) but you don't necessarily play better...trust me i speak from experience....
Mason4Assassin444
retired
+552|6664|USA
Myth 9,9999.....way in the back of the book.....you gott a blow the dust off the page....

M: You can destroy the UAV.

F: YOU CANNOT DESTOY AIRBORNE UAV.....IF IT EXPLODED....ITS NOT BECAUSE YOU SHOT IT....SORRY

My belief anyways.
slicknic
+145|6628
its true u can destroy it... sometimes its hard, it is by far the easiest using a humvee, just try it out ull see =]
Miggle
FUCK UBISOFT
+1,411|6744|FUCK UBISOFT

superfly_cox wrote:

Myth 1 - Don't ever use the plane as a transport:  Wrong.  On large maps (Zatar, FuShe Pass) where most flags start off as neutral, one of the best strategies at the beginning of a map is to use the plane and bail out at those flags closest to your enemy's main base.  Once you cap that flag, armor spawns so you can defend it and the plane will respawn shortly.  You've lost maybe 30 seconds of air power in exchange for strategic position that will allow your team to cap most of the neutral flags.

disagree, have you noticed the choppers on zatar? those are there for a reason, cap the flags with 5 other ppl let the planes defend you

Myth 2 - Commanders should never fight: Wrong. If you are a commander then god damnit protect your assets.  Commander's job is to make the team win (hence 2x points for win) so don't listen to those "Commanders Shouldn't Fight" people.  Do what is necessary for your team to win.  If that means scanning and spotting then do it, but don't sit there going "Enemy Boat Spotted" while a chopper flies into your base, takes you flag and destroys all your assets...that's just plain stupid...and I see it all the time.  Also, if you're in a game with 24 players or less then you should do some fighting because with that small a number you're more valuable with a gun then spotting...use UAV, drop arty/supplies and issue orders but that only takes about 10 seconds.  spend the other 50 seconds till those recharge fighting or defending.

agree, commanders are needed to help you win by fighting too, not just using their cmdr assets, and you should def fight if the enemy caps ur base and destroys all ur assets

Myth 3 - Snipers make a difference: I don't want to be a sniper basher because the sniper is useful in small amounts...One or two (at most three if on 64).  To hit a target at long range that target generally needs to be standing still.  Good players know not to stand still or prone for very long or to run in a straight line.  They bob and weave and dive and jump and take strafe from side to side.  And they'll go prone only at the last minute when firing, just to jump up again when they're done.  So who stands still?  Usually snipers...   Since a sniper ain't too good at close quarter combat, and they don't hit moving targets well the snipers are a class that are really there to neutralize the other team's snipers.  Yes, I've seen the sniper vids that people keep posting but keep in mind those spectacular shots are a highlight reel of the best players in the world!  I'm not bashing the sniper class...i'm just trying to put it into perspective.  Snipers have a role to play but "sniper superiority" will not help you win any games.

FULL OF BULLSHIT
the pistol is great for the close range sniper, plus leave claymores so nobody can get close enogh to fight you, and about the staying still thing, snipers dont move the crosshair to an enemy, they wait for the enemy to move to the crosshair, snipers are very important, they will save your life

Myth 4 - BF2 is just a game.  Nope...Super Mario Brothers is a game.  BF2 is an online team game.  This implies that there are other human beings out there and you are playing on teams.  Just cause you paid $50 bucks for the game doesn't give you the right to do whatever you do.  The same way that paying $50 for a pair of sneakers doesn't give you the right to do what ever you want in a basketball game.  Those who claim that they'll do any damn thing they want are actually cowards who hide behind the anonymity that the internet provides them.  Those same people wouldn't have the guts to do whatever they wanted to in a pick up game cause they know what would happen.  Don't fuck around, don't be an idiot and be respectful just because nobody knows who you really are or where to find you if you piss em off.

um, if you want to fuck off do it on an unranked server where nobody will get pissed

Myth 5 - Drop Supplies to those who request them: NOOOO!  Always use supply drop on armor or to repair assets.  On some maps like Sharqi, Mashtur and Karkand, supply drops should always be used on armor because they decide who wins the game.  Most of the time as commander I get supply requests from snipers.   Sorry, but that tank which is capping a flag and killing 7 bad guys in the process is more important than that sniper up on a hill who has used up all his ammo shooting at choppers.

sometimes yes you should, when a sniper is getting shot and needs health in order to help the team, give them supplies, let the tanks stay alive on their own, they are a lot easier to keep alive than a sniper

Myth 6 - The pistols snipe quite well: No they don't.  They snipe well compared to a shotgun but come on!  Let's be serious.  I always laugh when I hear people extolling the virtues of being able to take out targets at distance with the pistol.  Give me an M16 and you take a pistol and let's see who wins the long distance shoot out.

um, where do you get this idea, you obviosly dont know how to snipe, the pistols are great weapons, so just shut up.

Myth 7 - Using Vehicles is Cheap: Nope.  Here's how the game breaks down  EDIT: Planes > Attack Chopper > Armor > Transports > Infantry. END EDIT  Sorry to disappoint all you footsoldiers out there but you are at a pretty big disadvantage.  You're slow, you're weak, you have little fire power and you're only redeeming quality is that you are small and agile.  This is not counter strike.  Ignore the "they got no skills, they're just a vehicle whore" comments.  Learn to use the vehicles.  Otherwise find another game...you'll be much happier.  EDIT: before i get anymore negative responses to this one, my point is not that infantry is useless...far from it.  Just that vehicles are powerful part of the game and they should not be eschewed because of the "vehicle whores have no skill" stigma. END EDIT

vehicle whores have no skill, but that doesnt mean its cheap, its part of the game, live with it

Myth 8 - Unlocks are better than original weapons: Unlocks are different than the original weapons.  For the most part the unlocks will only give you different options over the stock weapon.  They all have tradeoffs though.

sometimes they are, sometimes they arent, the best part is it depends on what team you are on, some unlocks are worse than 1 team's gun, and better then the other team's

Myth 9 - All Maps are balanced: Sorry EA...didn't do a good job here.  On Karkand MEC is seriously disadvantaged as is USMC on Wake.

who actually thinks they are balanced?

Myth 10 - Assault Class is useless: If you are actually skilled at using the GL you wouldn't think that.  Smoke/Flash bangs are underused/underrated.

assault is ttly not useless, it is key for attacking flags, good firepower, good for hiding (smoke/flash), and good for killing mobs of ppl

Myth 11 - Take out assets at uncapable base: No, this is a waste of time.  If the assets are in an uncapable base then you'll trek a long way to blow something up that the other team's commander will repair in 30 seconds.  So silly when MEC goes to blow up USMC assets on Karkand.  They are always repaired right away and you'll die a number of times before you actually make it through to destroy em.

not always a waste of time, just keep mines on the wrecked one and get supplies, when they repair it blow it up again and it will kill them! lotsa points
btw the bold is by me for any retards out there

Last edited by Miguel diaz (2006-05-01 15:17:11)

https://i.imgur.com/86fodNE.png
R0lyP0ly
+161|6655|USA
I agree (sorta_) with all of them except : 11, 8, 7, 5, & 3 in that, you are just plain wrong.

11-Def take out assets- neutralize the commander! Even if uncap, still blow it! Neutralize the commander!!! Make the troops fight blind and alone, without supplies
8-Unlocks are to each his own. Not gonna start a flame about this
7- The whole > is wrong. One on one, then yes, i see where you're going. Other than that, AT? Specops? Snipers? Any?
5- Drop supply if requested! You arent doing anything else with them. On armor dominated maps, tanks dont live long anyway, so dont ignore your team to pamper the tank whore.
3- Sniper's dont make a difference? Sorry, but you must not get out much to see the fact that snipers keep people from moving, and from engie's leaving the tank to cap a flag. Also try and see a pilot hover over a flag and not be killed by an M95.

Done for now,
cheers

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard