Ravlen
+0|6779
I thought I'd give Vet Engineer a go... I just passed 15 hours as engineer. So I logged out, checked BF2s, sure enough, 15 hours, 4'ish minutes. So I log into the game, check BFHQ, shows the same thing. Logged into a server, got 20+ kills, no badge. Went another round, 20+ kills, no badge. Closed out of BF2 completely. Checked BF2s and then logged back in and checked BFHQ, showing 16 hours total now. Logged into a completely different server. Did another 20+ round (38 kills, yay me).

Still no badge?

This isn't an "I was awarded the badge but it never showed up" post. This is "It never even awarded it to me". Now... once... twice... maybe. But 3 times. But after the 4th time with over 16 hours and 38 kills, I just had to make a post.

Oh, and yeah, every round I spawned as Engineer and never changed to anything else. I'm 100% positive I fulfilled all the reqs posted, and all the other stats are showing up in BFHQ and BF2s as well (time played as well as total kills).

Any ideas? Could it possibly be 20 hours and not 15 hours?

Ravlen
ArkAng37
+1|6843|San Antonio, TX
I dont know I have the same problem with the eng. badge. I have over 30 gh with it and I get 20 kills no prob. And still no badge. I asked someone if it matters if we kill someone with the eng. with in a tank or heli or car for that matter. And he said no. I did it with the sniper badge, killed 2 peps with sniper and 18 in the HHMMV and got it without a prob. So When you find out let me know!
chuyskywalker
Admin
+2,439|6846|"Frisco"

The time req is actually entered in in seconds -- a typo of 5 hours would be...18000 off, I don't think I did that.

Also, I just got 3 (or was it 4...) vet badges in a series of two games -- met the reqs exactly as I have them in UBAR for each one. I imagine the servers you were on didn't like you? Dunno -- try again tomorrow as see if anything changes.
[CC]Berry
+0|6785
ive got it yesterday. i guess i had 25 kills and i have right now 18 gh as engineer

so i dunno what it is but i didnt got my veteran medic badge
played 25 gh and made over 40 kills but didnt got it
Britishbeef
+0|6799|Err...Britain
I had the same problem but with the vet medic combat, 20 kills and nothing.  I got it on the next round but on my 21st kill.
Stoned_Smurfz
The Mushroom Man
+1|6845|Australia

chuyskywalker wrote:

The time req is actually entered in in seconds -- a typo of 5 hours would be...18000 off, I don't think I did that.

Also, I just got 3 (or was it 4...) vet badges in a series of two games -- met the reqs exactly as I have them in UBAR for each one. I imagine the servers you were on didn't like you? Dunno -- try again tomorrow as see if anything changes.
Indeed the 1st time i got my Vet Medic/Engineer they didnt show up, so i did it again and well they are here now. Also you dont need to finish the round to get them now as my game crashed before the round ended (the same round i got medic) and it showed up
ArkAng37
+1|6843|San Antonio, TX
I got my Spec Ops badge again. But its hasnt showed up in my bfhq. So hopefully the third times the charm!
chuyskywalker
Admin
+2,439|6846|"Frisco"

No no guys, he's saying that after the 20th kill it's not drum rolling at all. He's aware that sometimes a server might f-up reporting awards, but he's not evening earning the award during the round.
Stoned_Smurfz
The Mushroom Man
+1|6845|Australia
Oh well excuse my dumbness then
Sgt.Gh0st
Pump-Action Pimp
+16|6781|The Hague, Holland
Ive tried to get the transport badge the lame way.
(IAR: 10 minutes in a Transport)
I thought, ill fly a chopper really high so no1 can see me for 10 minutes.
Flown it for 15 but dindt got shizzle.
Btw. In 32 player maps rounds dont last very long :S..
lowyaukee
+2|6833

Sgt.Gh0st wrote:

Ive tried to get the transport badge the lame way.
(IAR: 10 minutes in a Transport)
I thought, ill fly a chopper really high so no1 can see me for 10 minutes.
Flown it for 15 but dindt got shizzle.
Btw. In 32 player maps rounds dont last very long :S..
helicopter =/= transport
lowyaukee
+2|6833
I heard a rumour that kills when you were in a tank or APC, etc. did not count for badges. 

Not sure though.
Deepke
+0|6840
I got my vet engi and med badge after i got 20+ kills in a plane.
Britishbeef
+0|6799|Err...Britain

lowyaukee wrote:

I heard a rumour that kills when you were in a tank or APC, etc. did not count for badges. 

Not sure though.
I got the vet medic with 21 kills in an F-35 so i think thats false.
lowyaukee
+2|6833
Thanks guys.  That clears the doubt.
=[4th]=SlayThem
Destroy Noob Cannons
+96|6831
I got my expert engi
and my vet sniper, engi(duh), Antitank, and medic combat.
http://bf2s.com/player/44052084/

Last edited by =[4th]=SlayThem (2005-10-07 03:11:34)

Hyper_Dude
+5|6821|United Knigdom
I've noticed peopel have the Navy Cross, Golden Scimitar and/or People's Medallion. The requirements on UBAR is 4500h, each, which seems too high. People don't have anything near this amount either. The highest I've seen is 700 odd global hours, and that person had a Navy Cross.

Everything else makes sence, but these medals require over 10 times the amount of  play time then any other medal
ArkAng37
+1|6843|San Antonio, TX

chuyskywalker wrote:

No no guys, he's saying that after the 20th kill it's not drum rolling at all. He's aware that sometimes a server might f-up reporting awards, but he's not evening earning the award during the round.
Ok theres where your wrong..with me. Every time I when after my vet badges THAT I GOT Its always been 20 kills. Except for the First Aid and Resupply.
ArkAng37
+1|6843|San Antonio, TX

Britishbeef wrote:

lowyaukee wrote:

Not sure though.
I got the vet medic with 21 kills in an F-35 so i think thats false.
No I was in a tank when I went to get my vet badges I got the 20 kills and BAM! nothing....But I used a car and it worked.
CMDR_Dave
Redneck
+66|6840|Missoula, MT
I got most of the "beginner" badges we'll say, as Commander.  Since, I've racked up 10+ kills as Commander in kits I need vet badges and nothing.  I wonder, did they change this?  I also notice it doesn't show kills anymore when you're Commander as it used to.  It wouldn't give you score for kills, but at least it showed them on screen for you in-game.  This changed as well.
ProfLiebstrom
durka durka
+14|6833|Sheffield, UK

Hyper_Dude wrote:

I've noticed peopel have the Navy Cross, Golden Scimitar and/or People's Medallion. The requirements on UBAR is 4500h, each, which seems too high. People don't have anything near this amount either. The highest I've seen is 700 odd global hours, and that person had a Navy Cross.

Everything else makes sence, but these medals require over 10 times the amount of  play time then any other medal
Lowest I have seen people with is low 300s. So my guess would be the time requirement is 250 or 300h
Rogness
The English Redneck
+10|6803|Plymouth, England

Britishbeef wrote:

I had the same problem but with the vet medic combat, 20 kills and nothing.  I got it on the next round but on my 21st kill.
Same here.  I got my vet engi on the 21st kill (played nothing else all round) - most of them in armour.  However, I definately got my vet AT on the 20th kill.

Oh yeah, @CMDR_Dave - The English Redneck is 70% true, 30% tribute to your good self!
Stoned_Smurfz
The Mushroom Man
+1|6845|Australia

CMDR_Dave wrote:

I got most of the "beginner" badges we'll say, as Commander.  Since, I've racked up 10+ kills as Commander in kits I need vet badges and nothing.  I wonder, did they change this?  I also notice it doesn't show kills anymore when you're Commander as it used to.  It wouldn't give you score for kills, but at least it showed them on screen for you in-game.  This changed as well.
Well you do get kills as commander but not from arty. this is i think to avoid gettin high kills in a round and making badges simple to get... so now you have to do it the hard way and shoot something

Commander will get a kill score for using his gun or tank or something to kill people
Ravlen
+0|6779
Well, don't know why, but it worked this morning. First try, drumroll and showed up in BFHQ immediately.

I'm guessing it took a while for servers to realise I had the 15 hours, since I only passed 15 hours last night. BFHQ was reporting 16 hours, but that doesn't mean all the other servers wanted to recognize that

Ravlen
Hyper_Dude
+5|6821|United Knigdom

Stoned_Smurfz wrote:

CMDR_Dave wrote:

Well you do get kills as commander but not from arty. this is i think to avoid gettin high kills in a round and making badges simple to get... so now you have to do it the hard way and shoot something

Commander will get a kill score for using his gun or tank or something to kill people
What i think EA have done is stopped Artillery kills being recorded. This was most likely the only way EA could stip commanders getting team kills, but resulted in no credit for enemy kills. A big positive, for a big negative. However, last night my commander tked me, and i could punish, and i did because i was capping an empty base.

I don't like the lack of commander kills, because commanders are more likely to run about getting kills, rather than hiding somewhere and doing a decent commanding job.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard