Omnimalice
All Hate
+1|6750|Northern VA
I am ruined...

I work near Dulles, VA. There is an airport about a mile from my office so I see planes whenever I'm outside. Now, every time I see one my first reaction is "how much do I lead him to hit him with my rocket". Then I usually smack myself because I'm an idiot.
I don't even play that much. I've got- what- 30 hours in the 2 months I've owned the game..? But I catch myself eyeing spots on top of water towers as good sniping positions, or sometimes I involuntarily imagine artillery destroying a car or building near me. What the hell?
I have a lot of fun playing bf2, and as much as these events might be seen as bad to some people I think they are funny, even though I do feel stupid for imagining calling in a supply crate around lunch time.
Am I alone here?
RoyWereForUniMare
+0|6751|Holland/Netherlands
No, I'm just as screwed up as you .
Mabec
Re-Member-Me
+6|6802
This actually happen to me when i got about over 200h of playing.
In different fps-game i quickly tried to push Q and hit "Enemy spotted" - and sometimes i had to try it twice before it hit my mind.
Also, iam constantly looking for Holes in fences whenever i see a fence when iam out. (Yeah, out in the real world)
tF-voodoochild
Pew Pew!
+216|6818|San Francisco

Wow... you people scare me.
07>sin
mista sinista
+1|6816
it's ok until someone goes and kills someone cause they thought there was a MEC trying to cap their home err flag
B.Schuss
I'm back, baby... ( sort of )
+664|6811|Cologne, Germany

well, as long as you don't put C4 around your local TV station to prevent it from being "captured" by the enemy, I guess you are doing just fine.
lowyaukee
+2|6805
The most dangerous one: driving a jeep and trying to run over somebody........ no mercy......
mort4u
Artillery catcher
+5|6809|Munich, Germany
i once drove home late from work and saw some ppl standing at a bus stop. i thought "hopefully none of these n00bs jumps in front of my car cause they dont have one".

anyway since doom 1 i seldom have those visions
Sgt.Gh0st
Pump-Action Pimp
+16|6752|The Hague, Holland
Whenever I lay in bed I swear I can hear MEC voices coming under my bed. The schoolyard isnt the same anymore for me. Its a battlefield, running up my friends, knifing them with my imaginary knife. Yes I am so sad... My girlfriend has grown to hate BF2..
Britishbeef
+0|6771|Err...Britain
Im the same, when my car got stolen i waited for another one to spawn back.  What a waste of 3 days.
McCullough
+7|6808
I have been looking for good sniping spots at the top of buildings since BF42. And sometims when i see someone far away i'm thinking "Enemy spoted" It's crazy.
mort4u
Artillery catcher
+5|6809|Munich, Germany

Britishbeef wrote:

Im the same, when my car got stolen i waited for another one to spawn back.  What a waste of 3 days.
ROFLMAO
Doyley
+1|6779|Australia

Britishbeef wrote:

HAHAHAHAHA, that's quite funny (not that your car got flogged, but you waiting for a respawn) lol.
madsmao
+0|6764|Copenhagen, Denmark
I feel you. A few days ago I fell down the stairs and landed on the floor in great pain. All I could think of doing was to scream MEDIC!!!
ex0331
+-2|6767
wow....thats all i can think to say at this point....wow...lol
Guruz
Sir
+20|6808|government yard in trenchtown.
I'm exactly like you.

But funny shit, you can read my flashbacks in other threads.
Locarno
Boom!Headshot?
+2|6811|Scotland!
Hahhaha, i'm getting a great laugh from this thread, especially 07>sin's comment.  Classic.

On a side note, ever since I played CS: S, i've been wandering about then all-of -a-sudden thought "how good would it be to headshot him right now".

Or i'll be walking down to my local shop and i'll think "whoa, this would make a great map, look at all the sniping spots... a tank rolling up her would be quality!"

And included in the 'banter' between me and my mates, it often included things like "enemy ifantry on the move"

So yeah, i've been consumed.
hawkerstone
+2|6778

Mabec wrote:

This actually happen to me when i got about over 200h of playing.
In different fps-game i quickly tried to push Q and hit "Enemy spotted" - and sometimes i had to try it twice before it hit my mind./
Constantly doing this in other FPS games, hitting keys to spot people, it's such a great idea, it really annoys that so many people in the game don't use it.
Britishbeef
+0|6771|Err...Britain

mort4u wrote:

Britishbeef wrote:

ROFLMAO
Its not funny.  I shot everyone that walked up to me incase they tried to take it first.
CMDR_Dave
Redneck
+66|6811|Missoula, MT
Don't worry Omnimalice, it'll pass...you just need more hours of "play time". 
Hyper_Dude
+5|6793|United Knigdom
I'm at uni, and there's 2 cranes on campus. I can't help but look at it, thinking where a sniper could be. I've got better though, i used to freeze and get a little rush think, "shit, run!"
=[4th]=SlayThem
Destroy Noob Cannons
+96|6803

lowyaukee wrote:

The most dangerous one: driving a jeep and trying to run over somebody........ no mercy......
"OH SH** WAS THAT A TEAMMATE?! RED NAME GLITCH!"

Last edited by =[4th]=SlayThem (2005-10-07 04:29:52)

Sgt.Gh0st
Pump-Action Pimp
+16|6752|The Hague, Holland
Conclusion. We are so hopeless
CMDR_Dave
Redneck
+66|6811|Missoula, MT
No, not hopeless...the thread is still only one page.  Now if it reaches two or more pages, then we are so hopeless. 
Locarno
Boom!Headshot?
+2|6811|Scotland!

CMDR_Dave wrote:

No, not hopeless...the thread is still only one page.  Now if it reaches two or more pages, then we are so hopeless. 
roughly translated as "spam more plzthx"

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard