Firestarter
+12|6637
Ok I've just arrived into my room and I read all these complaints about the Air Dropping, it seems people don't get that the news on 1.3 is both incomplete and not confirmed (besides teh bugs which will of course result in MORE bugs...stupid DICE...)

ANYWAYS back to my idea/premonition The vehicles can't be deployed withing 400 Meters of an enemy CP, they should make a Cargo plane flying above that Jets can lock-on to but it has enough armor to hold up to 4 Missles and Flares reload quickly. It could be shot down and if it's destroyed it would take even MORE time to reload. The Vehicles can be locked onto by AG Missles for some odd reason but they are vehicles....Tank can only be dropped (if at all) by the teams' First Control points (Ie the ones they can spawn at in the beginning) even if the enemy controls it, drift will occur and wil GREATLY shift the landing area and if it hits a hill it will be hurt if it is a hill it can barely climb if it were on the ground.

In my opinion the base of this idea like the Deployment range and the Cargo plane seem like AWESOME ideas...
Mason4Assassin444
retired
+552|6685|USA
Nice added idea....like you said though, wait for confirmation from EA.

I like the sig to brother....
Naughty_Om
Im Ron Burgundy?
+355|6656|USA
how about WAIT for EA to say something BEFORE coming up with ideas... we dont even know how it iwll work yet. and dont gloat over your own ideas...sorry to say but it makes you look like a conceited ass
remo
+20|6600
I think many people are getting delusions of grandeur about this airdropping thing ... I'm doubting we're going to have anything really sophisticated, such as a chinook picking up a jeep full of people and dropping it on the Essex.  This is DiCE, come on!

More likely -- it's something simple, like a jeep.  It recharges, and can drop one over a period of time, like a supply crate.  You drop it anywhere on the map, like a supply crate.  You can shoot it down before it hits the ground, like a supply crate.  You can't lock onto it because there aren't people in it, like a supply crate.  It blows up after a period of inactivity, like a supply crate. 

See the trend here?  Sure it's a theory ... but think about it.
Firestarter
+12|6637
yeah I guess you're all right...cept the guy who said I brag about my ideas...I DO brag and I feel like an ass when I do it lol but if you don't brag no one reads it (experience necessary) and I also said this was an opinion based thing...opinions are supposed to be bragged about....

PS thanks, like your sig too
Superior Mind
(not macbeth)
+1,755|6715
I think we will only be able to drop heavy, maybe light, transport cars. why not be able to drop them in an enemy CP, its not like a tank or APC, u know? The car drops are meant to privide squads with a means to get away from a flag they just capped or sumthing like that with a fast get away.

Last edited by Superior Mind (2006-04-27 13:45:04)

Firestarter
+12|6637
Ok I get your point, I guess I thought that up expecting Armor to be dropped, oh well thanks

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard