eagles1106
+269|6584|Marlton, New Jersey.
You Gotta Like The City Of Brotherly Love! Go Philly!
AlphaDrake
+10|6783|Edmonton
Go Edmonton! I live in Edmonton but I have always liked Detroit, but GO OIL!

P.S. Chelios is being a bitch this year...
MooseRyder
+37|6655|Montréal, Canada
New Jersey just eliminated the Rangers 4-0. hahaha was a nice...owned...serie

And yeah i hope the Oilers gonna win that serie! Would be really cool

The question Is...Is Montreal gonna make threw the Hurricanes
Coolbeano
Level 13.5 BF2S Ninja Penguin Sensei
+378|6763

AlphaDrake wrote:

Go Edmonton! I live in Edmonton but I have always liked Detroit, but GO OIL!

P.S. Chelios is being a bitch this year...
Yeah haha that goal was just...hilarious.
KingCheese
Paul Scholes
+77|6585|England
Hockey isn't really a huge sport here in the UK, NHL coverage is on at insane hours.  Still, love watching a game when I can catch one.  Don't really follow any one team, but I like to watch certain players.  Eric Lindross, Luc Robitaille(spelling?), Dominic Hasek, and of course Wayne Gretzky have all been faves of mine.
"My best moment? I have a lot of good moments but the one I prefer is when I kicked the hooligan." - Eric Cantona.
WormGuts
+17|6794|Dayton, Ohio

KingCheese wrote:

Hockey isn't really a huge sport here in the UK, NHL coverage is on at insane hours.  Still, love watching a game when I can catch one.  Don't really follow any one team, but I like to watch certain players.  Eric Lindross, Luc Robitaille(spelling?), Dominic Hasek, and of course Wayne Gretzky have all been faves of mine.
Much in the same way i enjoy catching an occasional cricket match or even that wacky Australian rules football.  I haven't a clue what the hell i'm watching, but it can be terribly entertaining no the less.
dankassasin42o
+68|6679|Reefersyde, CA

bs6749 wrote:

Red Wings FTW!

Anyone rememember when Patrick Roy got his ass fucking clothes lined by a skating Brendan Shanahan? Cause I sure do. Or when Claude Lemiux got his ass beat in retalliation for his cheap shot on Kris Draper that sent him face first into the bench door?

In short: The Red Wings are the BEST team in the LEAGUE. Their record shows that. They have the most SKILL out of ANY team. Will they win? I hope to hell that they do. Manny Legace has proven to be an exceptional starting goalie while he took over the not so stunning Chris Osgood's spot due to injuries and an overall less than anticipated season.

I grew up watching the Red Wings and I will die that way.

Look for Detroit to start playing their game soon.

Oh yeah, also.... Detroit Pistons are going to take the NBA Championship.
Acctually Colorado Ava, is the BEST team in the NHL, thanks to their roots being from Qubec, i.e Nortcals....

sorry for misspellings im hung over an stoned......
dankassasin42o
+68|6679|Reefersyde, CA

Nohurrie32 wrote:

Kings fan here.... did u even know Los Angeles has a hockey team...
im from cali an i perfer the DUCKS to the Kings....     The ducks are more a team that plays for the love of the sport, then the money, as they showed many years ago, which was when the kings fell from me....
Coolbeano
+378|6763

KingCheese wrote:

At least you get hockey

Here in Thailand it's Soccer, Tennis, then Soccer, Tennis, a bit of Badminton, Soccer, Tennis, Soccer, maybe some Volleyball, Tennis, Soccer, Tennis.

The only hockey they show is the final cup game. Two weeks later. If it's game 7.
MooseRyder
Stars are Eliminated, Avalanche are moving up !!!!!!!!

Habs lost 2-1 yesterday against Hurricanes

Oh and Buffalo won against Phili

Last edited by MooseRyder (2006-05-01 12:42:33)

G3|Genius
Pope of BF2s
+355|6626|Sea to globally-cooled sea
I love the NJ Devils...have since 6th grade when i first got into hockey.  I've watched probably every single playoff game since 1994...the last year the rangers took the cup.

Happy to report that my team is probably the best team in the NHL right now...15 straight wins!!  we haven't lost since March 26.  Just cruisin through.

No one else from Jersey in this thread??

Here's my predictions.  Buffalo is gonna eliminate phili, although I'd rather see phili win.  I would love to see montreal upset the canes, but I don't know if that's going to happen.  Senators are a fantastic team, they're going to be tough for anyone to beat.  In the west, I don't know much about the west because of the way they changed the schedule for this season.

That's an interesting point about the Wings having such a great record because the rest of their division is so bad.  I didn't think about that.

anyway, Go DEVILS
Psycho~*DS*~
Banned
+50|6599

pndragon26 wrote:

I'd like to see Ottawa do well, always liked them. But i grew up a Ranger fan... so the knife is getting closer and closer to my wrist...
lmao.
MooseRyder
OILERS WON 4-3 AGAINST THE RED WINGS!!!!!!!!!!!!

THE BEST 3RD PERIOD I EVER SEEN!  

the Red Wings are eliminated!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by MooseRyder (2006-05-01 20:18:24)

Psycho~*DS*~
Banned
+50|6599

MooseRyder wrote:

the Red Wings are ELiminated!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Uhmm, it's 3-2 Oilers, it takes 4 to eliminate, dumbass
MooseRyder
mmmm no the game 6 just ended like 10 mins ago, doesnt seem like u were watching it

Last edited by MooseRyder (2006-05-01 20:22:03)

Yeticus Rex
Destroyer of Penguins
+29|6660|SoCal

KingCheese wrote:

Been in the tunnel just 8 feet away from the Kings players as they go out on the ice every period.  My oldest son (5 or 6 years old at that time) would be sitting on my shoulders and we would watch Gretzky, Robitaille, McSorely, Kurri, Granato, Blake, Taylor and Hrudey go out on the ice.  Marty McSorely would always go down the corridor last when everyone would be chanting "Marty....Marty...Marty....Marty"......He would have a big shit-eating grin when that happened.  Now he's doing commentary for Fox Sports and the Ducks.  Weird.

I've coached and managed youth ice (and roller) hockey for about 10 years, until my son found a girlfriend and gave up the sport.  Never played the sport, but I am great coach in positional, situational and strategy play.....not just hockey.....baseball and football as well.  I can't teach you to skate, but I can teach you how to kill off power plays, stickchecking, body leveraging, rotating positions and cycling, etc.....Anyways, we had a tournament on the northside of LA, and we were scouting a team before we played them.....turns out one of the kids on that team was Luc Robitaille's kid!  Luc was sitting two rows in front of us watching the game and I told my kid to go get his hockey stick and a marker out of our car and get him to sign it.  Luc was very cordgial and sincere and signed my kid's hockey stick (which he played with in the next game).  This happened back on New Year's Day 1999.  Luc was just a few goals short of 500.  I shook his hand, wished him luck.  One of the better guys you would like to meet.

So, I am a Kings fan first, then Ducks fan........in other words, I'm pro-SoCal......anything East or North of these two teams can go pound sand.

Ducks won tonight, 2-1 to force a game 7.  It was the best game they played thus far in this series.

Oh.....and.....I......accidentally.....saw......Paul......Kariya......nekkid.
Fortuantely, it was a side view and from across the sheet of ice.  I was coaching our team in a different tournament at Disney Ice in Anaheim.  The Ducks practice there as well and had a practice before our game.  I was watching my team warming up.....across the ice I see the doors open to the locker room where the Duck players were.  Dude was standing there in front of the sink, staring at the mirror, checking his chin out or something.  Kind of messed up my game face.  Ah well, although I'm firmly rooted in my male sexuality, I dare say that dude had a well toned body.......many a women would have been panting from the sight.  Thankfully, I did not have a need to shake his hand or sign my kid's stick.  This was the year they went to the Cup Finals a few years back.

Last edited by Yeticus Rex (2006-05-02 00:09:30)

[FB]Eraser
Back in battle after 3-year break
+39|6721|Switzerland

MooseRyder wrote:

YES! Damn cool thing... Unfortunatly, here I can't watch the games live. Have to wtach the highlight's on the web...
MooseRyder
Yeah Anaheim did great on that game today, and Selane should had 2 goals instead of one.

The referee was being a moron on the first one because that goal was good.
Coolbeano
+378|6763

[FB]Eraser wrote:

MooseRyder wrote:

YES! Damn cool thing... Unfortunatly, here I can't watch the games live. Have to wtach the highlight's on the web...
Yeah same... but it was well worth it hehe.
Even with school in the way.
terrafirma
Press 1 to Kill
+81|6654|Westminster, Colorado
WOW.   The West is all screwed up and I am loving it.

Number 8 Edmonton over Number 1 Detroit
Number 7 Colorado over Number 2 Dallas
Number 5 San Jose over Number 4 Nashville
Possibly Number 6 Anaheim over Number 3 Calgary

Gotta love this stuff.  It gets crazier every night.

RIP Red Wings.  I am sad that Colorado couldn't beat you down, but seeing Edmonton do it is 'just about' as gratifying.
MooseRyder

terrafirma wrote:

WOW.   The West is all screwed up and I am loving it.

Number 8 Edmonton over Number 1 Detroit
Number 7 Colorado over Number 2 Dallas
Number 5 San Jose over Number 4 Nashville
Possibly Number 6 Anaheim over Number 3 Calgary

Gotta love this stuff.  It gets crazier every night.

RIP Red Wings.  I am sad that Colorado couldn't beat you down, but seeing Edmonton do it is 'just about' as gratifying.
hell yeah thats crazy and awsome and im seeing a Coloroda vs Ottawa final coming up...hopefully
WEPKabal
+7|6602|NB, Canada

MooseRyder wrote:

Best hockey development of the year? I think so.. no more Wings!
MooseRyder
with the Red wings eliminated, i think the West division is completly open. Any teams that work hard can reach the final.

As for the east div, i think we all have a good idea whos going to be at the final *cough* Ottawa *cough* lol. Unless the Devils keep on their crazy run (15 wins in a row and still going!!)
M|STJimBob
+5|6617|Hayward,Ca.
cho cho and the  Sharks are coming on. Go S.J.Sharks

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard