Sarrk
O-O-O A-O A
+788|6687|Brisbane, Australia

My hypothesis about Vehicle drops

1)    Said vehicle will have an EXTREMLY long time, or a set amount of vehicles to be dropped with intervals between them, the set amount would be decided by map and size

Example, Commander drops a hummer at a location, he has…. Say 5 more left for the game, he must wait, 3 mins before he can drop another.

2)    The vehicle in question would be a light (3 Seater) or heavy (Vod/Hummer/Shitbox) transport, I would say, different vehiles and amount of drops is desided on map and size, example 16 player sharqi would only have two drops of Hummers or vods, but no light transports or vice versa, this is up to the “Balancing team” Hell, EA might even let admins decide what and how much is dropped!

3)    Some maps will not get these drops, I.e karkand

4)    Enemy uncaps will be off limits, as to prevent the dropping of vods onto a carrier ect.

This is how I would set these drops out
vpyroman
Aeon Supreme commander
+16|6648|UCF
Eah, I doubt that there are only humvees. I suspect Tanks as well, i guess the request will be Light, Medium, and Heavy mechanized drops.
Sarrk
O-O-O A-O A
+788|6687|Brisbane, Australia

That would be one fucking large parachute for a tank!

I spose, I reckon it would be two tanks total but a delay of seven mins

Oh but then there would be commander abusers, people who get commander, run off, drop a tank and resign

Last edited by Sarrk (2006-04-26 23:59:05)

FirePhoenix
+18|6670|hamilton, scotland
An idea for this would be like the uav option, if it does come down in a parachute then u can shoot the parachute making the vehicle fall to the ground and explode. Or deplete uhm, life depending on how high or low it fell from.
malarkeycoon
+16|6671|Cardiff
I know one thing. Its going to make the commander bloody busy with people barking requests at them every few seconds.
Gladiator08
Russell Crowe's Loin Cloth
+49|6744|Philadelphia, PA
just imagine: a humvee loaded with c4 landing in a pack of infantry. boom?
pwned7
+53|6609
rofl. they shouldnt be dropped. the commander should have a remote control to drive them to the designated places! that would be awesome! imagine the commander screen coming up and it being like a racing car game
daffytag
cheese-it!
+104|6606
I worry about flying through the skys when vehicles are falling all around you
EvilJebus
+11|6656

Sarrk wrote:

The US Army does it all the time
atlvolunteer
PKMMMMMMMMMM
+27|6802|Atlanta, GA USA
It may be a system where there is 1 HUMMWV, for example.  After the commander drops it, he can't drop another HUMMWV until that one is destroyed.
FesterTheMolester
BF2s US Server Admin, IRC>Forums
+157|6671|The Mind Of A Cereal Killer
I BELIEV IT IS CALLED OPERATION DUMBO DROP, a movie staring danny glover

it would be badass if a dune buggy would drop at karkand, that would be sick beyond belief, i can just imagine tearing down the main road, and hitting the jump by he square just to go flying and land right at the market cp,

FLYING BUGGY FTW

Last edited by FesterTheMolester (2006-04-27 08:34:56)

washow
Get out of MY JET!!!
+23|6743
i swear those freaking noobtard cmds will drop vehicles IN FRONT OF JETS!!

i just can see them already... bastards..
Jlspence
+4|6697
Given what EA said about the new feature, I suspect they will modify the commo rose to include a "Need Transport" command and I believe the request/capability will be limited to transport vehicles.  I think EA is simply trying to do something on the vehicle maps to address the situation where players get stranded out in the boon docks.  To include armor and aircraft in this would too drastically alter the gameplay.
Dr_3V|L
+51|6756|Twente, The Netherlands
It's cool thinking about this, but I'll just wait for the patch and see what happened with this feature.
benben10
+20|6746
i think this is gonna be an interesting blance issue. hopefully you have noticed that some maps have only certain types of cars. like most of the infatry maps only have the heavy jeeps. and then big maps sometimes only have the lite fast jeeps like oman. i wonder if that is going to change some strategies. plus if it is a heavy like vodnik that will open up some new things. if you havent heard of it there is a tactic called vodding where you use the vodnik as a type of ladder. having this power in some maps might be new but hopefully will not cause any exploits.

anyways here is a video from a neighboring thread that is really cool http://media.putfile.com/mini--gun
GunSlinger OIF II
Banned.
+1,860|6675

EvilJebus wrote:

Sarrk wrote:

no we dont
Spearhead
Gulf coast redneck hippy
+731|6721|Tampa Bay Florida
Is dropping a tank even possible in real-life?  I've seen the thing where the cargo plane skids the runway while going full speed and drops a tank out of the back, but are they parachtuing tanks in RL?
Firestarter
+12|6645
I believe they are dropping tanks, from extremely low altitud and with some speed reducing rockets on it or soemthing idk but I know they DO drop HMMVW's
Naughty_Om
Im Ron Burgundy?
+355|6664|USA
how about we dont make shit up and then WAIT FOR THE PATCH TO COME OUT....

So we DONT make a fool of ourselves.
*ToRRo*cT|
Spanish Sniper-Wh0re
+199|6774|Malaga, España

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

EvilJebus wrote:

Sarrk wrote:

no we dont
Nah...america doesnt need parachutes for an tank they just smash it into the ground and let the Engineers fix it for some good repair points

Last edited by *ToRRo*cT| (2006-04-27 13:15:32)

Naughty_Om
Im Ron Burgundy?
+355|6664|USA
we bring tanks VIA amphibious land craft not jets.....
Spearhead
Gulf coast redneck hippy
+731|6721|Tampa Bay Florida

Firestarter wrote:

I believe they are dropping tanks, from extremely low altitud and with some speed reducing rockets on it or soemthing idk but I know they DO drop HMMVW's
Ya, they've been dropping jeeps and light-vehicles ever since WW2, but to me a parachuting fully-armored tank is a little hard to believe.
Naughty_Om
Im Ron Burgundy?
+355|6664|USA
it is false, they dont drop tanks... tanks are brought by apmhibous craft.. the tank weighs as much as the jet itself.
remo
+20|6608
No.  They don't airdrop MBTs ... an Abrams is 67 tons, and using the "big-ass parachutes" (tm) it would take like 50 of them.  Rumors are they tried it once and failed miserably.

Only the C-5 can carry them (of course, it can carry anything) ... and the C-5 doesn't do LAPES (low altitude parachute extraction system).  Even if they did, I doubt any taxpayer would be happy about the possible consequences of ruining an Abrams on a stunt like that!

Conclusion ... tanks aren't tactical vehicles.  Tanks are used for major combat actions.
GunSlinger OIF II
Banned.
+1,860|6675
Its all possible and its all been done but it is logistically unfeasable.  In real life you would not drop humvees and tanks when you could easily take whatever airfields necessary to accomplish the mission

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard