Announcement

Join us on Discord: https://discord.gg/nf43FxS
Discuss.
HellHead
The fantastic Mr. Antichrist
+336|5326|Germany
ATTENTION!!! THIS IS NOT FOR TALK ABOUT GAMEPLAY ON THE EU SERVER OR OTHER THINGS! THIS THREAD IS ONLY TO SHOW WHAT IS NEEDED TO BECOME PART OF THE BF2S EU SQUADS!!!
any spam and offtopic stuff will be deleted, prepare to get 3 days vacation

^*AlphA*^ : THREAD UNDER CONSTRUCTION

Hi guys,

as B.Schuss recommended I´m opening up a new section for the past, existing and future members of the BF2s squads on the EU server.
We will use this thread to dicuss only matters, issues, complaints and ideas concerning the BF2s squads,
nothing else, please.

First some FAQs I picked up during the last time about our squads :

NO, we are not a clan or a closed up community of extraordinary players, everybody is free to join one                 
       of the squads during the game.

YES, you are allowed to wear the [BF2s] tag, if you are joining the server and the squads,
        but always remember : [BF2s] = TEAMWORK !

YES, of course you can be a squad leader of one of our squads. Just be ready to take the responsibility         
        that comes with the job. (see further below)

NO, we´re not just of bunch of grunts running around on the ground. If you´re a good pilot, fine, but                 
      never forget your job in the squad, when you´re in. Support is the keyword here.

NO, right now we have no VOIP working on the EU server. But if you join our squads it is highly                       
      recommended to join us on the TS server, that our buddies from the bmb clan provided for us     
      (thanks again for that, folks).
      Don´t be afraid to join us there. Common used language is english, but german, dutch and swedish           
      are also understood.
      TS: 80.190.246.226:2458, pw: zocken

The two following creeds are actual creeds the U.S. Army uses, I adapted them slightly to fit our BF2s squads.
(Don´t take it all to serious, in the end it´s just a game. )

The BF2s squad member creed 

I am a BF2s squad member
         I am a part of a team
         I will always place the mission first
         I will never accept defeat
         I will never quit
         I will never leave a fallen comrade
         I will always maintain my arms, my equipment and my skills
         I will always follow orders
         I will always be aware of the responsibility and perform the duties
         of the "job"(kit) I will choose.
         I will always communicate with my team mates
         I will always forgive a TK by one of my squad members   
         I will treat every member of my squad equally, no matter what rank

The BF2s squad leader creed 

Competence is my matchword
         My two basic responsibilities will always be uppermost in my mind -
         - accomplishment of my mission and the welfare of my soldiers.                                           
         All soldiers are entitled to outstanding leadership; I will provide that leadership
         I know my soldiers and I will always place their needs above my own
         I will communicate consistently with my soldiers and never leave them uninformed
         I will be fair and impartial when recommending both rewards and punishment
         The commander of my team will have maximum time to accomplish his duties -
         - he will not have to accomplish mine.
         I will earn his respect and confidence as well as that of my soldiers
         I will exercise initiative by taking appropriate action in the absence of orders
         I will not compromise my integrity, nor my moral courage
         I will not forget, nor will I allow my comrades to forget that we are professionals !

Right now, we have two main squads running with the following patches (big props and thanks to Lt. Goldman !)
Feel free to take them over in your sig.
But remember !
Sewing one of the patches to your BDUs means to fully practice what is preached above ! Teamwork !

https://usera.imagecave.com/Goldman/BF2/BF2s_1st_Squad_Badge.pnghttps://usera.imagecave.com/Goldman/BF2/BF2s_2nd_Squad_Badge.png

Futhermore, now we have the "specialty" patches, too (Big "Thank you" to Mr. Dancer, great work !)

https://www.danceman.org/img/bf2s/bf2s-how.pnghttps://www.danceman.org/img/bf2s/bf2s-cf.pnghttps://www.danceman.org/img/bf2s/bf2s-fn.pnghttps://www.danceman.org/img/bf2s/bf2s-sniper.pnghttps://www.danceman.org/img/bf2s/bf2s-grunts.png

So far for now...will add some stuff later
Input by other regulars is highly encouraged, just PM me about your ideas and I will add them.

Last edited by fon|sl4y3r (2006-09-20 00:08:54)

l41e
+677|5265

Isn't that a...sort of...modified version of the US Army Creed? I know I've seen that on America's Army...

Anyways. The time I went on BF2S EU server, there were no people I recognized, and no "teamwork" squad that I had heard so much about.

Maybe in the future I'll be a squad leader. (I'm decent squad leader if you mean staying behind as spawn point, etc)
B.Schuss
I'm back, baby... ( sort of )
+664|5458|Cologne, Germany

well, look for the guys with the [bf2s] tags. those are the community members who promote teamplay on our server. The idea is, of course, to encourage the regulars on the EU server to form squads that play together on a constant basis.

If we could achieve this with a decent number of players, it would lift the gaming experience on our server on a new level, I am sure. The ultimate goal is to have everybody on the server play in a squad and follow teamplay principles.

Please also keep in mind that not everyone has the same name on the forums and on the server. If you want to identify yourself as a member of this community, just put the [bf2s] tag in front of your name when joining.
But when you do so, please remember that we require our members to stick to teamplay principles.

Personally, I have always wanted to play on a server that enforces teamplay, and considering the general mentality on public servers these days, I know it is a ambitious project, but I am confident we can find enough people ( we need only 64.. ) that share the same spirit...
Slayer
---hates you
+1,137|5373|Hell, p.o box 666

k30dxedle wrote:

Anyways. The time I went on BF2S EU server, there were no people I recognized, and no "teamwork" squad that I had heard so much about.
Hm, you havent played the last days or weeks on the server have you?! I´m a regular since about four weeks, and there are always some community members who play together as a squad. Connect again m8 and join our squads, feel free to open up your own squad if the two bf2s (also look for bmb or fon) are full and lead your squadmembers well with the spirit of teamwork in your mind.

@Topic:

So we have at least two squads now with our SLs Goldman, Hellhead/Echo and I think we should enforce to do teamwork between the two [BF2s]-squads. Imagine folks, two squads each with six players are heading for the TV-station on shaquri---> Unstopable!!!

The only issues I see so far is the communication in TS2. If each squad will join a seperate channel (and I think this is recommended because of the lot of information which is shared, BS or not ) the SLs arent able to speak to each other.

BTW: I´ve nearly pissed myself when the following was said:

[BF2s] Negerkungen: sry m8, I´m hot
bmb|dancer: what
[BF2s] General-Echo: ehm, we dont want to know this!
[BF2s] Negerkungen: ehm, my gun is hot

Sidenotice:
Also I will leave my squad if there is a jet which I can ride (I need 40 kills for my expert specops ) and I suggest that all of us regulars dont enter the squads when they wanna ride a helo or jet.

Last edited by fon|sl4y3r (2006-04-26 08:05:29)

HellHead
+336|5326|Germany

voltage wrote:

Lol, "my gun is hot". That certainly makes it clear.

fon|sl4y3r wrote:

Sidenotice:
Also I will leave my squad if there is a jet which I can ride (I need 40 kills for my expert specops ) and I suggest that all of us regulars dont enter the squads when they wanna ride a helo or jet.
I agree with this. Although a bomber or a heli certainly can help the squad it's hard to coordinate so in practice they usually don't fight with the other squad members.
"NO, we´re not just of bunch of grunts running around on the ground. If you´re a good pilot, fine, but                 
      never forget your job in the squad, when you´re in. Support is the keyword here."

As I remember correctly, the chopper helping the squad thing worked pretty well last night...just needs some practice and coordination and we are good to go with that.

Last edited by HellHead (2006-04-26 09:27:50)

Mike<Eagle23>
BF2sEU old school admin - I don't care who you are
+359|5344|Germany

fon|sl4y3r wrote:

The only issues I see so far is the communication in TS2. If each squad will join a seperate channel (and I think this is recommended because of the lot of information which is shared, BS or not ) the SLs arent able to speak to each other.
If the bmb guys would grant the SLs the right to be channel commanders they can talk to each other even if they are in different squads / channels...

Last edited by Mike<Eagle23> (2006-04-26 09:35:14)

Lt.Goldman
BF2s EU Server Admin (RETIRED)
+330|5279|The Netherlands
Good  CREED  Hellhead !

AIRMEN IN YOUR SQUAD
I don't want airmen in my squad (Therefore I kindly asked Negerkungen yesterday, to leave the squad )
No problem if you want to fly or want to go for some sort of badge thing, but that's not teamwork.

In my point of view: Airmen should be in their own squad.
So SL's can ask for airsupport on an certain area, and the commander can direct the 'airsquad' there
Extra advantage of them being in a squad: they can help eachother (pilot/gunner) via their own team-VOIP

COMMUNICATION BETWEEN SQUADLEADERS
I assigned a button on my mouse for TS-talk  so I can use VOIP and TS together.

We should test out the combination of VOIP (squadcomm.) and TS (Squadleaders and Commander comm.)
once VOIP is up again ........
GO SCHUSS  GO !!   I'll award you this basic communication badge if you get it working again
https://usera.imagecave.com/Goldman/BF2/Basic_Comm_Badge.png
Slayer
---hates you

hm, who was it then? No offence m8ey. I only rember you and bmb|dancer in the helo? So I guessed it was your voice

Lt. Goldman wrote:

COMMUNICATION BETWEEN SQUADLEADERS
I assigned a button on my mouse for TS-talk  so I can use VOIP and TS together.

We should test out the combination of VOIP (squadcomm.) and TS (Squadleaders and Commander comm.)
once VOIP is up again ........
yaaaah, this is exactly what I´m talking about, havent found the words to explain it.
I suggest that everybody connect to the TS-Server and activate the "push to talk", so we´re able to speak over VOIP and/or TS2 without disrupting the other squad.
Slayer
---hates you

okey dokey then. sry m8

to topic:
Yesterday on Wake Mr. HellHead did the commander job. While I was flying around in the F35 he gave me some orders where to attack or defend and this worked pretty well (until I was banned again )

So, I think if we have some wannabe-1337-pilots, they form up for a squad so the commander can give them orders to hit some groundforces and make way for the own infantry.
Echo
WOoKie
+383|5336|The Netherlands

scouseclarky wrote:

sounds good better than just runnin around lone wolf where do i signh up lol
You are very welcome on our server matey! We are playing everyday at about 1800 gmt, you dont need to sign up or anything, just join the server at about that time and check for one of the bf2s squads. Are you on the wrong team, well just give us a shout and we ll move you to the other team so all bf2s members have a changce to play together.

Dont forget to wear your [BF2s] tag so we can reconize you as a forummember.
Slayer
---hates you

hm, here is my list for the [BF2s] squads. I´ve sorted it by language, because I think its anoying for our dutch-, uk and swedish m8s to hear the krauts talking german the most time. Also I´ve added two more squads called "Aviators" and "Chopper".

Of course this are only my two cents about it, the list isnt a must and anyways not every community member is playing everyday, but during the last days I´ve seen how most of us guys are playing and I think this is a start to get some badass teamwork and a good teamwork between the single squads.

[BF2s]1st. Squad "the english talking"
Lt. Goldman -> Squadleader
Negerkungen-> Squadmember
General-Echo-> Squadmember/leader and 1st sgt.
Anarkyxtra   -> Squadmember (Spelling?)
k3odxedle      -> Squadmember...

[BF2s]2nd. Squad "the germans"
HellHead       -> Squadleader
B.Schuss      -> Squadmember
bmb|dancer  -> Squadmember
fon|sl4y3r     -> Squadmember
BobDoe        -> Squadmember...

[BF2s] Aviators/Bombers
fon|sl4y3r     -> pilot/gunner
bmb|dancer  -> pilot/gunner

[BF2s] Chopper
Negerkungen -> pilot "I´m getting hot in here"
bmb|dancer   -> pilot or gunner

postscriptum:
Sry everybody who isnt mentioned here, my brain is too small to keep all names in my mind

Last edited by fon|sl4y3r (2006-04-27 04:15:00)

HellHead
+336|5326|Germany
*starts whining* But...but...I wanna be in the chooper, too ! *whines even harder* And I wanna be in one squad with Echo ! Buäääähhh !!! *rolls on the floor, crying*....

Now look at what you started !

(Sorry, i´m having my funny 10 min. and I´m lagging some sleep...) 
Echo
WOoKie
Noes! We dont want to get too over-organised guys, we re not a clan lol! 

I d say just play as we do now and mix the teams up a bit. Something like: play on the first squad today, then join the second squad tomorrow so everybody gets a chance to play with eithother. The group of forummembers playing on the server is really starting to grow now so we need to keep that in mind and give the new guys a chance to play whatever kit/vehicle they like too.

Remember its a ranked public game server so the anyone playing on it may use whatever vehicle they like. Cant say this is my/our chopper/plane/tank etc. Its there for anyone to use and have fun with.

Last edited by General-Echo (2006-04-27 05:39:17)

danCer
teh m0nsta
+314|5332|Germany
I'm sorry, it was me that said: "I'm hot! erm My gun is hot" I was just too unconcentrated on the english than to get home to the repair station alive.

I'm happy to join any squad again. I don't care which one and whether i am Squadleader or Member.

But i am certainly not happy with mixing german and english all the time, still if gunner and pilot are in a chopper or bomber togehter. We should just stick to english if somebody is around that doesn't speak german.
Just ask us bmb's to put u in certain squads in teamspeak at the beginning of a map or round and we can arrange that.

Last edited by bmb|danCer (2006-04-27 06:17:26)

Lt.Goldman
Sl4y3r:  It's better to speak English in all BF2s Squads.
(else we have to put Negerkungen in his 1 man swedish squad.... DENNA SIDA FIENDEN    )

Personally I don't mind if ocasionally one of you Germans cries out  SH**SSE...
(besides, a lot of Dutch guys can understand German anyway... Don't we Echo ?)

To all: Your English doesn't have to be perfect to join VOIP/TS...
           Don't be shy... just give it a try...

After all, the only 6 words I want to hear from you are: YES SIR MASTER SERGEANT GOLDMAN SIR!

very bad joke but.. I couldn't resist.... after the single a new movie is released...
https://usera.imagecave.com/Goldman/BF2/Hot_Guns.png
Echo
WOoKie

007hutchy wrote:

Cant believe ive missed this European server - DOH !
Will be joining you next time i play again
Great, cya around and dont forget your [BF2s] tag!
Negerkungen
I could not care less
+541|5359|Topside

Lt.Goldman wrote:

Sl4y3r:  It's better to speak English in all BF2s Squads.
(else we have to put Negerkungen in his 1 man swedish squad.... DENNA SIDA FIENDEN    )

Personally I don't mind if ocasionally one of you Germans cries out  SH**SSE...
(besides, a lot of Dutch guys can understand German anyway... Don't we Echo ?)

To all: Your English doesn't have to be perfect to join VOIP/TS...
           Don't be shy... just give it a try...

After all, the only 6 words I want to hear from you are: YES SIR MASTER SERGEANT GOLDMAN SIR!

very bad joke but.. I couldn't resist.... after the single a new movie is released...
http://usera.imagecave.com/Goldman/BF2/Hot_Guns.png
You just made my morning,thx man.
Slayer
---hates you

Maybe we should open up a new thread dealing with all those Negerkungen-sigs
Lt.Goldman

007hutchy wrote:

Will do mate. Ill be on after work tonight about 6ish
Don't forget to use your microphone  and join the Teamspeak server !
I want to make shure every soldier in my squad can hear me shout orders ! 
Slayer
---hates you

actually Goldman doesnt shout any orders... He gives them in a smooth and concentraded way. But dont ask too often for new orders otherwise you´ll hear a: "YOU ALREADY HAVE YOUR ORDERS!"

chat yesterday on screen
[BF2s]Goldman.LT: Attack this position!
[BF2s]fon|sl4y3r: We need new orders here!

chat on ts2
Slayer: orders? Wheres next?
Goldman: you have your orders!!!
Lt.Goldman

Sl4y3r: I'm waiting for a supply-drop of karma's, but I can give you something far more valuable:
1 free "I-can-mess-up-Goldman's-orders-without-being-kicked-from-the-squad" coupon
AmBiTiOnZ23
Shoot that guy ->
+29|5357

fon|sl4y3r wrote:

hm, here is my list for the [BF2s] squads. I´ve sorted it by language, because I think its anoying for our dutch-, uk and swedish m8s to hear the krauts talking german the most time. Also I´ve added two more squads called "Aviators" and "Chopper".

Of course this are only my two cents about it, the list isnt a must and anyways not every community member is playing everyday, but during the last days I´ve seen how most of us guys are playing and I think this is a start to get some badass teamwork and a good teamwork between the single squads.

[BF2s]1st. Squad "the english talking"
Lt. Goldman -> Squadleader
Negerkungen-> Squadmember
General-Echo-> Squadmember/leader and 1st sgt.
Anarkyxtra   -> Squadmember (Spelling?)
k3odxedle      -> Squadmember...

[BF2s]2nd. Squad "the germans"
HellHead       -> Squadleader
B.Schuss      -> Squadmember
bmb|dancer  -> Squadmember
fon|sl4y3r     -> Squadmember
BobDoe        -> Squadmember...

[BF2s] Aviators/Bombers
fon|sl4y3r     -> pilot/gunner
bmb|dancer  -> pilot/gunner

[BF2s] Chopper
Negerkungen -> pilot "I´m getting hot in here"
bmb|dancer   -> pilot or gunner

postscriptum:
Sry everybody who isnt mentioned here, my brain is too small to keep all names in my mind
I know I havent been playing as much lately, but I'd love to be able to be in a squad with you guys, because every time I have been, I have so much more fun playing, and play so much better all around.

Lt. Goldman: You're probably the best squadleader I've ever played with, so if you dont mind me joining your squad when I play on the server, I'd love to be a part of one of the BF2s squads. Some of you might have played on the server with me before, and know that I am a team player.
AnarkyXtra
BF2s EU Server Admin
+67|5404|Hanging onto the UAV
Slayer : I like the squad definitions up there. Count me in! 
Slayer
---hates you

the definition was just a thought and I know it will be difficult to form up as I´ve posted.
But you know m8 your welcome to every [BF2s]-squad you see on the server.
Lt.Goldman
AmBiTiOnZ23 and Skuko

Welcome to our camp. Report for duty with First Sergeant General-Echo
He will tell you all you need to know.

Your assignment to one of the squads, depends on time, location and number of soldiers.
Remember wearing the [BF2s] tag on your shoulder means TEAMWORK !

DISMISSED !

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2020 Jeff Minard