chuyskywalker
Admin
+2,439|6840|"Frisco"

Thanks for sticking out the last two days. Things have been quite touch and go with Gibson. It took 3 of us -- Dr. Markimus, Dr. Dukor, and myself attending -- standing close by to keep the server up on rotating 4 hour shifts.

https://static.bf2s.com/misc/fuck.jpg
Patient Orginally Presents

Tonights exploratory surgery was a success. Going under at around 8:05, the patient was subject to 2 hours of testing to determine the cause of their recent "blackouts". Diagnosis revealed that the patient was suffering from a heriditary memory disease.

After properly identifying the problem, steps were taken to extract the offending element. After a successful procedure and follow up tests, things are looking very promising and we're expecting a full refun...er, recovery from what was lost.

https://static.bf2s.com/misc/fucker.jpg
Inherited Memory Disorder

We'll be keeping the patient for observation for a few days, but we expect no further issues.

on a side note, i'd like to note that even through the crisis, the forums managed to break 15,000 registered users. Kick ass!
bakeshow
B|Unit
+8|6641|Grand ol' Ohio
Rock on Chuy, and whoever else was part of the succesful operation.  Your efforts do not go unappreciated.  From all of us out there THANK YOU!
DonFck
Hibernator
+3,227|6624|Finland

Good job and thank you on keeping the server up and running as much as you could!

I hope the patient will recover completely from surgery and will be able to perform duties as usual in the near future! I also sincerely hope that the patients system doesn't start rejecting eventual replacement RAM... ..err.. organs.
I need around tree fiddy.
Chou
+737|6783
Damnit these 24 hours suck!!

Sorry, you have already karma'd chuyskywalker in the past 24 hours. You may karma this user again on Wednesday 26 at 09:37 AM.
Friluftshund
I cnat slpel!!!
+54|6705|Norway
I motion for the Karma-once-a-day to be removed from Dr. Chuy, Dr. Markimus and Dr. Dukor

Great job all of you - you create a whole new dimesion of the word deidication! Instead of saying: Meh, we'll get to it when we get to it you jump straight into the fray and keep at it until you've found out what caused all this.

Thank you all for doing this!

I wanna Karma-spam the three doctors
theDude5B
Cool member
+804|6743
what you going to do with the bad memory?

i mean you cant just chuck it out, you have to respect the little thing for trying to bring down the whole project. Give it a proper death ritual or something.
Jestar
Shifty's Home Number: 02 9662 8432
+373|6733

Go Chuy!!!

Get that Refund. Do It For Me!!!!

***Chuy and Co to Gibson: Clear!!! You'll Live Buddy, Now Get back To the Fight!!!!***
DaReJa
BF2s US Server Admin
+257|6619|Los Angeles, California, US.
Great work, Dr's Chuy, Markimus, and Dukor. Good to see its doing better. .
Battlelog: DaReJa
MyBFi/BF3i Admin

AKA DanielRJ
GameSurge IRC Network, Support Agent and Staff
Phuzion IRC Network, Support Director and Operator
chuyskywalker
Admin
+2,439|6840|"Frisco"

theDude5B wrote:

i mean you cant just chuck it out, you have to respect the little thing for trying to bring down the whole project. Give it a proper death ritual or something.
ooooor, I could return it and get the other one back so I can have the full ram deck stocked again.
DonFck
Hibernator
+3,227|6624|Finland

The flawed RAM needs to be burned along with a ritual that ensures that its spirit never returns to this realm to mess up servers.
I need around tree fiddy.
aardfrith
Δ > x > ¥
+145|6785

chuyskywalker wrote:

theDude5B wrote:

ooooor, I could return it and get the other one back so I can have the full ram deck stocked again.
Or in the spirit of bf2, you could find someone with a HMMVV to run over it, then take it to hospital and have them shock it until it starts working again. 
HM1{N}
+86|6636|East Coast via Los Angeles, CA
+1 to you again, thanks for making our days!
chuyskywalker
Admin
+2,439|6840|"Frisco"

aardfrith wrote:

have them shock it until it starts working again. 
You have absolutely NO IDEA how many "shock" jokes were made about this incident. Man. Just. Wow.
B.Schuss
I'm back, baby... ( sort of )
+664|6833|Cologne, Germany

chuy ftw.

sue the RAM provider, I say...
BellusEndus
Make love not war
+59|6615|Edinburg
The offending memory organ should be sent to its death by execution using FedEx (Federal Executionor) and just compensation sought from those that brought it into this world. Good work!
theDude5B
Cool member
+804|6743

chuyskywalker wrote:

theDude5B wrote:

haha yeah didnt think of that. D'OH! - look of embarrasment on my face -
duk0r
Administrator
+306|6660|Austin, TX

chuyskywalker wrote:

aardfrith wrote:

have them shock it until it starts working again. 
You have absolutely NO IDEA how many "shock" jokes were made about this incident. Man. Just. Wow.
haha oh yeah. I could just hear that high pitch charging noise in my head....
*Zzziiiiinngggg*
Allright your good to go.

Last edited by duk0r (2006-04-26 04:11:09)

https://bf3s.com/sigs/a3a6d1102d14bf2f7e266fba7f728dc2cc38b316.png
Jenspm
penis
+1,716|6724|St. Andrews / Oslo

+1 for you
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/26774/flickricon.png https://twitter.com/phoenix/favicon.ico
UON
Junglist Massive
+223|6646
Oooo, what's a BitchX:5060?  Is that Gibsons gf?
{SAS}Silentkiller
+1|6572
I never knew a computer could panic!!! see screen in first post!

Welldone to all who fixed the problem.
WEPKabal
+7|6594|NB, Canada
+1 for duk0r and chuy! Well done Dr's!
k1LLr_M
Prone to Own
+118|6585|Houston, TX
I just hate faulty RAM...got some this one time that was the wrong type and it turned out the store had stocked only that crap RAM so I was stuck with my laggy computer for a whole LAN party
anyways, way to show the Gibson whos boss!
[QXJZ]Capt_Kefra
Alright, you're good to go!
+124|6720|Honolulu, HI
Stick a self-addressed envelope in with the bad RAM when you send it to get a replacement, and see if you can get the bad stick back, too!  I think it would make a nice keychain.  "1 GB flash drive?  Fuck that shit--I carry a gig of PC3200 baby!"

Seriously though...I know a lot of people have a sort of laissez-faire attitude towards stuff like this, even when it's their job.  "Oh, there's a ____ (leaky faucet, faulty electrical wiring, illegally parked car, etc.)?  I'll fix it when I get around to it."  No one's even paying you guys to do this stuff, and yet as soon as it became apparent there was a problem, you jumped up to solve it.  +1.  Hell, +1 to the nth power.  Oh wait, that's still 1.  Ok, +1 to the nth power every 24 hours!  There.
duk0r
Administrator
+306|6660|Austin, TX

UnOriginalNuttah wrote:

Oooo, what's a BitchX:5060?  Is that Gibsons gf?
heh thats just me IRCing from Gibson so I can see when the server goes down just by looking in the channel.
Just so happens BitchX was the last program that attempted to read/write to the memory milliseconds before the crash.
https://bf3s.com/sigs/a3a6d1102d14bf2f7e266fba7f728dc2cc38b316.png
Friluftshund
I cnat slpel!!!
+54|6705|Norway
Ooh, there you are +1 for you and a big thank you from me!

Where's the last doctor?

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard