Dizazter
Crazy has a mind of its own
+0|6829
This ribbon is so ridiculously hard to get, really the only way is to start a new account and just focus on getting that ribbon. Not to mention quitting games you think you'll lose or switching to whichever side you think will win over and over.

I feel all the ribbons should be reasonably attainable, and this one needs to be toned down a bit.

How about instead of 50 hours as commander and 3:1 win to loss ratio, just make it you need 50 wins as commander?
beeng
Get C4, here!
+66|6795

word to that, brother.
McCullough
+7|6847
Indeed. Cut the 3:1 crap.
MattD
+0|6831
This ribbon really is pointless as it does nothing to promote team play as the game was ment to be played lets face it if you have a 3-1 win rate from playing in pubs then you got a lucky charm up your ass. Or you play with your clan in your own server and do your clan vs public and beat the holy hell out of them
SteamCore
+0|6784
Some guy named Roofus on here has it.  He has a 9:1 win ratio.  That and a 3+ kill/death ratio, reaped in my best estimation from thousands of artillery shells before the new patch.  EA said no player would ever be screwed out of a ribbon.  Well fact of the matter is we are screwed out of it, because the requirements for the badges were never offered by them, and once the community had figured it out, most of us needed 600 wins and 0 losses to get our ratios up to 3:1.   A month ago I thought I might be able to do it by playing honestly.  I started off the night well. 4 wins in a row.  Awesome.  Then I got a loss.  I thought "Hell, I'm still up for the night."  THen another losss. "Shit.  Down 2.  Ok I'll make it up next round."  This went on all night.  I don't care that they make it OUTRAGEOUSLY hard to get.  5,000 wins as commander.  Anything.  But 3:1 is impossible if you are not quitting lost matches.  Another sad fact of the matter is that the Army Medallions (all 3) should be the hardest earned awards, and this stupid ribbon is the one that is nigh impossible for the best players (since they have the most rounds accrued without the knowledge and/or attitude required to keep their win/loss ratio high).

Pissed!

-SC
SysTray
"Generous mods" < Thats right Systray !
+180|6830|Delaware

SteamCore wrote:

Some guy named Roofus on here has it.  He has a 9:1 win ratio.  That and a 3+ kill/death ratio, reaped in my best estimation from thousands of artillery shells before the new patch.  EA said no player would ever be screwed out of a ribbon.  Well fact of the matter is we are screwed out of it, because the requirements for the badges were never offered by them, and once the community had figured it out, most of us needed 600 wins and 0 losses to get our ratios up to 3:1.   A month ago I thought I might be able to do it by playing honestly.  I started off the night well. 4 wins in a row.  Awesome.  Then I got a loss.  I thought "Hell, I'm still up for the night."  THen another losss. "Shit.  Down 2.  Ok I'll make it up next round."  This went on all night.  I don't care that they make it OUTRAGEOUSLY hard to get.  5,000 wins as commander.  Anything.  But 3:1 is impossible if you are not quitting lost matches.  Another sad fact of the matter is that the Army Medallions (all 3) should be the hardest earned awards, and this stupid ribbon is the one that is nigh impossible for the best players (since they have the most rounds accrued without the knowledge and/or attitude required to keep their win/loss ratio high).

Pissed!

-SC
I've encountered r00fus once, he was commander of the USMC, I don't even think he was playing when I saw him command, yet he was stuck in command, no one could initiate a mutiny. That was back when black hawks were useful on Mashtuur. 325 points x 2. Quite a lot.
Dizazter
+0|6829

SysTray wrote:

I've encountered r00fus once, he was commander of the USMC, I don't even think he was playing when I saw him command, yet he was stuck in command, no one could initiate a mutiny. That was back when black hawks were useful on Mashtuur. 325 points x 2. Quite a lot.
Why couldnt anyone initiate a mutiny? Or do you mean there were no successful mutinies?
wannabe_tank_whore
+5|6786
If you leave a round after joining and if your team loses you will get the loss.  Happened to me last night.  I joined a game and got on the losing team and the tickets were like 242 - 138.  I played for a few minutes and they got our back base where our armor spawned and they had 4 APCs and 2 tanks raping all in their way.  I left and ended up getting the loss on my account.  2 nights ago i played Wake for the first time and left after 2 minutes and got the loss on my account.  I was 0-1 on Wake and had 1 Min 57 sec as my time on the map.  F U EA.

Here's what I've concluded:  If you're planning on leaving after a round is over, DO NOT click 'Join Game' because you will more than likely get a loss.  Press 'Escape' instead and disconnect.
TwistedX
Aviator
+26|6803|Oklahoma
Only problem i have with this ribbon is the 3:1 ratio, like everyone else. They could change it to a 2:1 ratio insted, which will greatly reduce the work to get it. But still make people have to work for it.
Dizazter
+0|6829

TwistedX wrote:

Only problem i have with this ribbon is the 3:1 ratio, like everyone else. They could change it to a 2:1 ratio insted, which will greatly reduce the work to get it. But still make people have to work for it.
Well the problem with the Ratio stuff is that it makes it much harder for people with a lot of games under their belt to get. Which I dont think is fair.

And I think this ribbon encourages people to switch teams, and or leave the server to avoid lossing, because with each loss, you have to over compensate with wins.

Thats why I think like a 50 or 100 wins as commander would be better, that way losses wouldnt hurt you.
Because keep in mind, this 3:1 or 2:1 ratio of wins is totally independant of you being commander. So you could be a complete failure as a commander, just get your 50 hours logged in games that are long and you drag them out as much as you can, then game hop trying to get your wins. All a complete waste of time, making you a horrible commander and teammate, yet you get this ribbon after man hours of doing this.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard