Aruba-Prime
[Expert Smoke Grenade]
+44|6776|Hamburg, Germany

E7IX3R wrote:

Ilocano wrote:

E7IX3R wrote:

Reading these posts, I've noticed a common thing:

"OMGs Humvees gonna stop Jets taking off LOLZ"

Now if anyone has ANY COMMON SENSE, they would simply move the humvee out the way of the jet, so the person can take off, and if noone else is about to do it, you get out of the jet and do it yourself.

Some people *sigh*
But while you're moving that Humvee, someone else will take the jet.  Everyone will still stand around the jet, hoping someone else will move the transport.
Thats when you rise above the stupidity of the other players and sacrafice your beloved Jet
or just use your guns to kill the transport and you're good to go....

People you are complaining about other players and not game features. Go and find a good server where nice ppl play and you will not be troubled by "stupid changes" anymore.

i just don't like to whine if the change the guns to stones then i just kill you with that (if i can....)

Last edited by Aruba-Prime (2006-04-27 06:11:24)

Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6718
i hope they will fix the server connection error bug...
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
{RS}Diamonddog
+6|6644|Weymouth, England
Still no fix for the red name tag bug!
Aruba-Prime
[Expert Smoke Grenade]
+44|6776|Hamburg, Germany

{RS}Diamonddog wrote:

Still no fix for the red name tag bug!
hm.... i ve only seen it twice maybe in 700h playtime ... s.t. wrong with me
XIthRyker
+7|6656

Elamdri wrote:

Adjusted Award Critieria:

Expert Knife, Veteran Knife, and Basic Knife take 3, 2, and 1 Knife Kill IAR respectively.

WCR requireds a Win/Lose ration of .01

lol
Wat do you mean by  the knife part? 3, 2, 1 and Knife kill in a round?
ViP.ShooTa
+6|6751
he means that rather than have it as it currently stands ... 5,7,18 kills in a round - that they should just have it as 1,2,3 (for basic,vet,expert)
=TH=[Eleanor]-NL-
The Karma Collector!
+233|6692|The Netherlands
Yeah lol like that badge is so hard (all hop to my stats and WATCH IT!!! ;-))
FesterTheMolester
BF2s US Server Admin, IRC>Forums
+157|6641|The Mind Of A Cereal Killer

Kobrakai wrote:

perhaps change the WCR in some way.
no way, the WCR is a great way to show outstanding players, if they change it, then any joe-two by four can get it...
I say NO the changing WCR
FesterTheMolester
BF2s US Server Admin, IRC>Forums
+157|6641|The Mind Of A Cereal Killer

Speelbal wrote:

You're beginning to wonder which community EA/DICE is listening to.. Vehicle drop? Who proposed such an idea?
i think it willl be great, i hate nothing more than being stuck on a map as an infantry, especially on maps like daqing oilfields
Ettercrab
+11|6653|Finland

FesterTheMolester wrote:

Kobrakai wrote:

no way, the WCR is a great way to show outstanding players, if they change it, then any joe-two by four can get it...
WCR is great way to promote team swapping wor w/l ratio.

Wechile drops sounds bit strange, just give helis ability to carry jeeps/buggys.
For anti-squad hopping thing, make it atleast so that when leader dies, person closest to leader, or next in rank, takes command in squad until original leader spawns back or something like that.
[BSUS]wishous
+15|6690|Boise, ID
I never really saw squad hopping as an exploit. I always saw it as teamwork. If you die, leave and rejoin the squad and spawn on the guy who's still there trying to cap the flag. I have a feeling that this "fix" will raise the number of suicides. So, you leave, join the squad again, spawn somewhere, suicide, THEN you can spawn on the squad leader.

Hmm...

I'm also not sure about the COOP thing. On one hand, it will be nice to have bots helping put players on a server so that you won't have to wait as long for a round to start, or for a server to fill up, but on the other hand, bots don't form squads or use teamwork. (AFAIK) Makes the game less... "personal" to me.

Also, I think I would have rather seen supply drops that let you change your kits, rather than adding dropped vehicles.

It seems to me they're trying to make this game less infantry based and more armor/vehicle based.

But.. Just my 2 cents.

Last edited by [BSUS]wishous (2006-04-27 08:40:53)

Ettercrab
+11|6653|Finland
I dont think that they make Coop ranked, just so that you can play with your friends over internet.
YES it has been possible with ip-joining on sp-game, but on sp you cant easily modify bot count/skill/ratio or map size.
[BSUS]wishous
+15|6690|Boise, ID

Ettercrab wrote:

I dont think that they make Coop ranked, just so that you can play with your friends over internet.
YES it has been possible with ip-joining on sp-game, but on sp you cant easily modify bot count/skill/ratio or map size.
Well, if they leave the COOP thing unranked, then that's fine.
Stubbee
Religions Hate Facts, Questions and Doubts
+223|6745|Reality

FesterTheMolester wrote:

Speelbal wrote:

You're beginning to wonder which community EA/DICE is listening to.. Vehicle drop? Who proposed such an idea?
i think it willl be great, i hate nothing more than being stuck on a map as an infantry, especially on maps like daqing oilfields
That is when you defend the point. Everybody always seems to need to run around capping flags. If more people played defensively, they would win more games. Point whores. You can get as many point defending a point, as a squad, as you can running around.
The US economy is a giant Ponzi scheme. And 'to big to fail' is code speak for 'niahnahniahniahnah 99 percenters'
antin0de
+44|6669|SL,UT

niomosy wrote:

I'm wondering what they've "adjusted" for award criteria....
They probably realized that nobody's ever going to play 4,500h on any one Special Forces team.

Bummer they're doing away with squad hopping, I love that shit.  Oh well.  I also enjoyed ineffective AA before 1.2, but have apparently adapted

And vehicle dropping is overdue if you ask me.  They're making up for the absence of BF:Vietnam-esque flying tanks.  That was so much fun, trying to airlft a tank with a Huey!  Let alone picking it up in the first place...

Think about it.  They replaced tunnels/porta-spawns with squad leaders.  Now they're replacing vehicle portability.
wraparoundww
+-1|6667|Cleveland, OH
Co-op should definately be unranked.

As far as the vehicle dropping feature, I wonder what will be the criteria for dropping?  I hope it's timed like the arty drops.  Are they also going to limit the number of vehicles that are able to on the map at the same time?  I hope so....I don't want to spawn and stare down the barrels of 5 tanks coming at me.
=NwW=Death
+2|6578|england
yeah i know what u mean m8 really anoying whan u respawn and u get shot by apc or tank before u can do anything
Cougar
Banned
+1,962|6766|Dallas

Ettercrab wrote:

FesterTheMolester wrote:

Kobrakai wrote:

WCR is great way to promote team swapping wor w/l ratio.

Wechile drops sounds bit strange, just give helis ability to carry jeeps/buggys.
For anti-squad hopping thing, make it atleast so that when leader dies, person closest to leader, or next in rank, takes command in squad until original leader spawns back or something like that.
I love how everyone dejects the WCR to a level of "team switching" status.

Most people who don't have and say that crap have obviously never attempted to get it for more than a week.

It's a royal pain in the ass and I have the uptmost respect for all who have it.
I~Love~Mysti
+23|6585

wraparoundww wrote:

Co-op should definately be unranked.

As far as the vehicle dropping feature, I wonder what will be the criteria for dropping?  I hope it's timed like the arty drops.  Are they also going to limit the number of vehicles that are able to on the map at the same time?  I hope so....I don't want to spawn and stare down the barrels of 5 tanks coming at me.
I think the commander will only be able to drop humvees. Even EA knows that tank dropping on karkand would make everyone general rank the week after it was released.
PunkX
stoned
+198|6625|Canada
yuck, more patching And im changing cops soon, ima have to set aside a whole day where i just patch bf2, lawl.
BlackLegion42
Damn Command and Conquer Generals...
+62|6732|Rochester, NY
Looks good! Thank god no Squad Switching feature was mentioned, at the same time that was a stupid thing to remove if it was true, since no on really switches squads, only sides.

the Dropping Vehicle and no Lock-On sound would be an issue I can see players complaining...
k1LLr_M
Prone to Own
+118|6595|Houston, TX
actually, if you read it, the squads are being changed so that you can't switch-n-spawn until you've spawned at a CP once
Naughty_Om
Im Ron Burgundy?
+355|6635|USA
that will be better so squads cant just all spawn at the same CP to take it. you ahve to hitch a ride there.
k1LLr_M
Prone to Own
+118|6595|Houston, TX

Naughty_Om wrote:

that will be better so squads cant just all spawn at the same CP to take it. you ahve to hitch a ride there.
this would be good on most maps, but not wake... maybe they could make an exception
Naughty_Om
Im Ron Burgundy?
+355|6635|USA
that is just what i was thinking, but here is my reasoning, it will make boats so much more desirible. plus, if u have a good bhawk pilot, u can take the airfiled, this also makes it so even if USMC gets a flag, PLA isnt royally fucked.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard