unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6742|PNW

Bellasadda wrote:

Besides, I killed two APCs from mid air last round in warlord. Can't do that with any other kit.

And killing choppers kicks ass.
Two kits come to mind: engineer and specops from a Blackhawk passenger seat.

But yes...short of spending time peppering a chopper with PKM bullets and hoping that they won't turn and flee, getting a lucky headshot with an M95, or tossing a C4 pack on one that flies too low, AT's pretty much the only kit infantry can use against angry helos.

Last edited by unnamednewbie13 (2006-05-08 16:45:06)

jonnykill
The Microwave Man
+235|6650

jonnykill wrote:

I wish the anti tank dood had some smoke grenades . Good for confusing tanks . I never , ever used them when I was assault class . ok maybe once when I threw it at someones head to get thier attention
LOL someone -1 karma'd me for saying this ...............
RDMC
Enemy Wheelbarrow Spotted..!!
+736|6535|Area 51

Pup0311 wrote:

I have been forced on occasion to play as an anti-tiank dude during my travels through BF2.  Many have been the time that I have put two to three missiles into the side of a tank or an APC and just ticked off the driver and resulted in me getting his undivided attention which is never a good thing.  Then some guy throws a grenade or they take a single 25mm cannon shell from someone else and presto no points for you and more for the armor whores. 

What I would like to see is team points given to the anti-tank player for hits on enemy occupied vehicles.  How about 1 point for a hit on a tank or an APC's and .5 points for hits on transports or FAV's with any halfpoints rounded up to the next whole number at the end of the round.

I think that this would make the anti-tank kit a bit more rewarding to play and yet at the same time not make it a super-kit that skews the game unfairly like I feel it is unfairly skewed "against" the Anti-tank kit now.

Posted with pride in the U.S. of A. by Pup_0311
I thought the same aswell, but I think its too hard for EA to give .5 points. So I say everyhit on a vehicle gives u an point and when u manage to kill it u get the full points Would make the AT kit more played I think
.:XDR:.PureFodder
+105|6799
You've got to remember the great things about the AT rockets. FAV's, one shot 3 kills. nicely full APC's can give 5 in one. Hitting the front of a chopper and killing the pilot it always funny as it does the dive of death.
Cheeky_Ninja06
+52|6702|Cambridge, England
The AT kit is awesome. for starters you have the dao so anything close range is dead, unless they are a godo engineer. u also have 5 guidable rockets so if u miss when you fire, u can correct how many other kits let u do that? again the rockets will kill anybody from close to longrange,  just shoot their feet and boom. (its a great kit for wake if your american and all the chinese get in the jeeps nd stuff to rape you, point ur rocket at them , wait for the name to come up, fire.....kaboom) the AT kit is really good you just have to learn how to use it. its not unbalanced.

lets say ea give a point for every hit with an AT rocket, so 70 % of people are now AT coz its easy points. tank comes along....oooooo 12 rockets hit it within seconds only three have to hit and bye bye tank. The whole point of a tank is that it owns infantry if you take that away it doesnt leave a great deal. Sure the whole point of AT is to take out tanks but u cud get 32 enemy AT people but only say 4 tanks so really each tank should be worth 8 rockets

Also check out how strong a tank really is.....

Last edited by Cheeky_Ninja06 (2006-05-16 09:57:47)

Ilocano
buuuurrrrrrppppp.......
+341|6637

Cheeky_Ninja06 wrote:

Also check out how strong a tank really is.....
But also check out how effective a true Javelin is(above firing version).  Armor dead in one shot.
Cheeky_Ninja06
i thought a javelin was more like the tow than the sraw and the tow is a one shot kill *shrugs*

"Short-Range Assault Weapon-Multiple Purpose Variant (SRAW-MPV)
In May 2005, responding to an urgent request from warfighters, Lockheed Martin [NYSE: LMT] expanded the capabilities of its Predator anti-tank weapon and delivered 400 rounds to the U.S. Marine Corps. The US Marine Corps requested Lockheed Martin to modify the shoulder-fired, short-range Predator anti-tank weapon into a direct-attack urban assault weapon. Renamed the Short-Range Assault Weapon-Multiple Purpose Variant (SRAW-MPV), the new urban assault missile has a multiple-purpose blast warhead, enabling it to defeat a variety of targets such as buildings and bunkers, as well as light-armored vehicles. "

Last edited by Cheeky_Ninja06 (2006-05-17 06:23:38)

CrazeD
+368|6643|Maine
The SRAW and TOW are optical (wire) guided, where-as a javelin is laser guided. You don't even have to hold a lock, you just point, shoot, and run away laughing.
0mikr0n
Airborne Clan
+19|6666
Before I begin, I would like to let everyone know that I am the sort of player who would rather have rapid fire accuracy over slow power, so please consider.

I find it hard to believe that no one likes the AT Class SMGs. Their rate of fire makes up for low damage, are quick to reload, and are accurate enough from a prone position to hit someone at medium-long range. One time a PKM gunner (name was eightball I think) who called me a SMG whore... heh, almost as absurd as being called a shotgun whore.

I love the SMGs; when you hit someone at close range, they panic as they get hit more than five times. It makes them turn around so frantically that they literally skip over you when they're scanning for a target. Medium range gets their attention, and then you can take cover and wait for them to get close before spraying at them as they near your position. Using the SMG is a patience game, and generally gets you quite a few kills if you're good at baiting targets.

Many people disregard pistols when using AT, however; I have no idea why people find it so hard to get 17 kills in a round with a pistol; it's accurate through the ironsights, can recover from shots very quickly, reloads quickly, and can usually merit two-to-three kills a clip if you're quick on the first headshot.

The rocket, however, is an excellent beast if used correctly. I believe the main reason people dislike it is because it's misused; when driving armor, I'll sit there and watch some AT soldier barely taking cover as he reloads; it's actually much safer to reposition from another random vantage point, which I am beginning to see a little more now than in the past.

AT just takes skill, much like the engineer. It's hard to get used to, but in the end, it's very effective.
Ilocano
buuuurrrrrrppppp.......
+341|6637

Cheeky_Ninja06 wrote:

i thought a javelin was more like the tow than the sraw and the tow is a one shot kill *shrugs*

"Short-Range Assault Weapon-Multiple Purpose Variant (SRAW-MPV)
In May 2005, responding to an urgent request from warfighters, Lockheed Martin [NYSE: LMT] expanded the capabilities of its Predator anti-tank weapon and delivered 400 rounds to the U.S. Marine Corps. The US Marine Corps requested Lockheed Martin to modify the shoulder-fired, short-range Predator anti-tank weapon into a direct-attack urban assault weapon. Renamed the Short-Range Assault Weapon-Multiple Purpose Variant (SRAW-MPV), the new urban assault missile has a multiple-purpose blast warhead, enabling it to defeat a variety of targets such as buildings and bunkers, as well as light-armored vehicles. "
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AjhcjHmh … ch=missile

The Javelin is a portable anti-tank weapon, supplied by Raytheon/Lockheed Martin JAVELIN Joint Venture. It is shoulder-fired and can also be installed on tracked, wheeled or amphibious vehicles.

In 1989, the US Army awarded a contract for the development of Javelin as a replacement for the M47 Dragon anti-tank missile. The JAVELIN Joint Venture was formed by Texas Instruments (now Raytheon Missile Systems) of Dallas, Texas and Lockheed Martin Electronics and Missiles (now Missiles and Fire Control), of Orlando, Florida. Raytheon is responsible for the Command Launch Unit (CLU), missile guidance electronic unit, system software and system engineering management. Lockheed Martin is responsible for the missile seeker, missile engineering and assembly.

Unlike conventional wire guided, fibre-optic cable guided, or laser beam riding missiles, Javelin is autonomously guided to the target after launch, leaving the gunner free to reposition or reload immediately after launch.

A soft launch ejects the missile from the launch tube to give a low-recoil shoulder launch. The soft launch enables firing from inside buildings or covered positions. Once the missile is clear, the larger propellant in the second stage is ignited and the missile is propelled towards the target. The weapon has two attack modes, direct or top attack. The gunner selects direct attack mode to engage covered targets, bunkers, buildings and helicopters. The top attack mode is selected against tanks, in which case the Javelin climbs above and strikes down on the target to penetrate the roof of the tank where there is the least armour protection. The missile is launched at an 18° elevation angle to reach a peak altitude of 150m in top attack mode and 50m in direct fire mode.

Portable and Fire-and-Forget.  And can track helicopters too.  This would make the AT kit totally unbalanced.  Joints Ops had this weapon, why not BF2?

Last edited by Ilocano (2006-05-17 13:13:02)

Cheeky_Ninja06
imagine firing that beast at infantry mwah ha ha....on bf2 of corse lol not really..would be a bit messy but on mashtuur, ownage

Last edited by Cheeky_Ninja06 (2006-05-17 17:23:46)

0mikr0n
Airborne Clan
+19|6666
What I dont understand is that the MEC and Chinese teams use the Eryx... the Eryx is a French AT rocket... what the hell? I really doubt the French government would sell weaponry to their ally's two most prominent enemies.

Last edited by 0mikr0n (2006-05-18 11:07:44)

Terrible_chester
PKM Whore
+16|6605|Prolly on wake.

deject wrote:

Terrible_chester wrote:

I sux at this kit so I guess I agree with the OP. To me the guns suck, and the Rocket is only useful against infantry. HOWEVER, I have run up against MANY a player who use this kit and use it very well, they hop around like 1.2 never hit and take out guys with PKM's blasting away at them. They seem to have some kind of aim bot to always hit the weakest points on a tank or apc. I guess it is a kit that just requires alot of practice, or the right type of player to be effective.
Maybe if you spent some time playing something other than support you'd learn where to hit tanks and APCs.  I mean, you don't have any other kit to 10 hours man.  Anti-Tank can be super effective if you bother to take like 5 minutes and search.  The other part to being a good Anti-Tank player is knowing how to minimize your exposure to the tank or APC.  You have to take advantage of the fact that you're smaller than the tank and you can go places where they won't find you.  Tanks that don't know you're there are prime targets for fast killing.  Even if they see the smoke trail from your rocket, if they didn't see you before the rocket hit, they should be completely confused as to where you are and where to shoot.
the first line of my post clearly states that I suck with the anti-tank kit. So my question is exactly which part of my post are you arguing with? everything you have said agrees with what I'd already said, so what is your point? Are you trying to tell me what kits I should and shouldnt play? because that would be kinda silly dont you think? I mean its not like you bought my copy of BF2 for me or something like that. also you dont see me putting down the anti-tank kit anywhere in my post, in fact I heap praise on the players that have mastered this kit.

And so you know I am aware that the tanks/apc's have weak points, I just have a hard time hitting them. hence my statemnt that I suck at the kit. Some people are so good at hitting these spots that you'd swear they had an aimbot or something. thats not an allegation, its a compliment.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard