Pappy2
+18|6807|Chicago
Im 40 years old.

Ive been trying off and on for a month

ive been trying hard for a week

Saturday early morning , 1 am Central i have earned my Expert Knife.

Very Very cool!!

if I can do it    YOU CAN too.!!!!

read all you can read on the forums  ...but i have 4 easy rules

1) ALWAYS get behind the enemy

2) use your mini radar

3) be a squad member to have your SL as a fast spawn point

4) ALWAYS have your knife out

i ended the round with 24 knife kills

man was that fun!!   

now for 40 kills as a medic  *sigh*

out..........

Last edited by Pappy2 (2006-04-24 11:21:48)

Mabec
Re-Member-Me
+6|6974
Oldie but goodie.

I'm going for the Golden Gun today...
SaladForks
/ph34r
+129|6724|Eastern USA
I got mine when I was in karkand 16 player 64 player map size. I was knifing so much, I got atleast 30 kills easily. That sounds cheap, yeah, but hey, I've been trying from 100 knife kills, and just broke 1.1k not long ago. I did this as a last resort (I mean come on!! 1k+ knife kills and no xpert?)

For all of you out there, like stated above, knowing where the enemy is in relation to you (Use mini-map) and knowing if you have the element of surprise on your side are two great factors.
Elamdri
The New Johnnie Cochran
+134|6789|Peoria

SaladForks wrote:

I got mine when I was in karkand 16 player 64 player map size. I was knifing so much, I got atleast 30 kills easily. That sounds cheap, yeah, but hey, I've been trying from 100 knife kills, and just broke 1.1k not long ago. I did this as a last resort (I mean come on!! 1k+ knife kills and no xpert?)

For all of you out there, like stated above, knowing where the enemy is in relation to you (Use mini-map) and knowing if you have the element of surprise on your side are two great factors.
for me, whever that happens, its usually armor whore city. Never see a foot soldier.
cat4ever
+69|6895|CATALONIA

Pappy2 wrote:

Im 40 years old.

Ive been trying off and on for a month

ive been trying hard for a week

Saturday early morning , 1 am Central i have earned my Expert Knife.

Very Very cool!!

if I can do it    YOU CAN too.!!!!

read all you can read on the forums  ...but i have 4 easy rules

1) ALWAYS get behind the enemy

2) use your mini radar

3) be a squad member to have your SL as a fast spawn point

4) ALWAYS have your knife out

i ended the round with 24 knife kills

man was that fun!!   

now for 40 kills as a medic  *sigh*

out..........
NICE

I'm 14 , i got my expert knive in night flight , in this rounded I killed 27 guys with Knife, that was great, if u look at my stats u will see I love knifing!
taddzilla
+23|6985|Pembroke Pines, FL.
Congrats Pappy.
khmer
+86|6819|Central California
Wow congratulations. I have all the requirements to get expert but haven't attempted to get it yet. You've given me inspiration I'm going to go try for it now.
cat4ever
+69|6895|CATALONIA

khmer wrote:

Wow congratulations. I have all the requirements to get expert but haven't attempted to get it yet. You've given me inspiration I'm going to go try for it now.
GOOD LUCK!
Chou
+737|6933

Elamdri wrote:

SaladForks wrote:

for me, whever that happens, its usually armor whore city. Never see a foot soldier.
LOL +1 for this comment
kerywerk23
+1|6781
I had trouble for a while trying to get it.  On of the major frustrations being servers that wouldn't upload the badge! (for basic).  I'm glad I didn't get it then because not too long after I hit a good server.  Karkand 16 players / 64 size.  Entered the round with exactly 100 knife kills, left with 118! I was awarded the Vet and Expert in the round.  In my Stats it shows basic, veteren, and expert all awarded at the same time!

I haven't used my knife since...  I kind of like the 118.  Why ruin a bullseye?

Congrats Pappy2!
E|W4v0r
+8|6806|New York
I think I may try again soon... the first time I came close was when I went for basic knife, 16 knifes but not enough global for vet or expert, so it wasn't so bad.
Then I got 16 knifes again abotu 2 months later,only to have the round end before 18. Since then I haven't tried.
Pappy2
+18|6807|Chicago

E|W4v0r wrote:

I think I may try again soon... the first time I came close was when I went for basic knife, 16 knifes but not enough global for vet or expert, so it wasn't so bad.
Then I got 16 knifes again abotu 2 months later,only to have the round end before 18. Since then I haven't tried.
dude... DONT GIVE UP   !!   

half full  64 player maps    karkand  or sharqi    i got mine in sharqi
Pappy2
+18|6807|Chicago

kerywerk23 wrote:

I had trouble for a while trying to get it.  On of the major frustrations being servers that wouldn't upload the badge! (for basic).  I'm glad I didn't get it then because not too long after I hit a good server.  Karkand 16 players / 64 size.  Entered the round with exactly 100 knife kills, left with 118! I was awarded the Vet and Expert in the round.  In my Stats it shows basic, veteren, and expert all awarded at the same time!

Congrats Pappy2!
thats sweet man!

this is bit of a long read, but i made a post on my clan website a a month ago after getting 17 kills in a round.
the payoff is funny...

>>>>>> ok   i was playing BF2 friday evening. i went to try for my knife expert badge. this is a very hard badge to get, especally for me. you need 18 kills in a single game. the most i ever got was 8. anyhow friday , i got to 10 then 11 then 12   my adrenilin was at 400000amps  spewing from every orfus  13   14   15   16    then game was comming to a fast end i was starting to panic   then 2 people were righ there    17 !!!!!  turn to get 18 .....game ended      i flung off my head set  and screamed at the top of my lungs  ""AAHHHHHHH""  and then  ""DAAAAMNIIIIIT""    just as i said damnit   i turn and look out my window  and there is my daughter and her scout leader   looking in the window in horror   walking to the front door        ......

omg  LOL             i was beet red      had to explaine it was the game   LOL    omg     it took me 30 min to come down for the rush   

lol
E|W4v0r
+8|6806|New York
Well, I kept at it liek you said... and I got really close... by really close I mean 18 knifes IAR.
The only problem was I got the last two the second the roudn ended so it didn't have time to give me the award- so now I'm hoping it will still go through. but still DAMNIT
polarbearz
Raiders of the Lost Bear
+-1,474|6931|Singapore

Oh I thought you mean there's hope because you've gathered 18 people who're willing to be stabbed in the face in a ranked server.

Blah.
gblanco
Viva Mexico
+15|6904

khmer wrote:

I am 43, and yes, he inspired me too.
shadow18alpha
I attend BF2 Anonymous Meetings
+129|6817|Warlord/Bellevue,WA
congrats on the badge
CrazeD
+368|6815|Maine
Here's the key: Don't try!

I didn't "try" to get my Veteran or Expert knife badge. I mean I tried, but I didn't start that round thinking "I'm going for those this round". I just played normally, but got a few easy knife kills..so I figured, sure I'll go for it. I didn't get excited, I just ran around with my gun out and if I saw a guy, I waited until he turned around or whatever then ran up and shanked him.
polarbearz
Raiders of the Lost Bear
+-1,474|6931|Singapore

Someone inspire mikeshw!
lowyaukee
+2|6977
It is really exciting when you have tried really hard and eventually got the award.  I had similar experience when I first killed 7 people in a round after having tried for over a month.

Congratulations.

Cheers~
genius_man16
Platinum Star whore
+365|6820|Middle of nowhere

Pappy2 wrote:

kerywerk23 wrote:

Congrats Pappy2!
thats sweet man!

this is bit of a long read, but i made a post on my clan website a a month ago after getting 17 kills in a round.
the payoff is funny...

>>>>>> ok   i was playing BF2 friday evening. i went to try for my knife expert badge. this is a very hard badge to get, especally for me. you need 18 kills in a single game. the most i ever got was 8. anyhow friday , i got to 10 then 11 then 12   my adrenilin was at 400000amps  spewing from every orfus  13   14   15   16    then game was comming to a fast end i was starting to panic   then 2 people were righ there    17 !!!!!  turn to get 18 .....game ended      i flung off my head set  and screamed at the top of my lungs  ""AAHHHHHHH""  and then  ""DAAAAMNIIIIIT""    just as i said damnit   i turn and look out my window  and there is my daughter and her scout leader   looking in the window in horror   walking to the front door        ......

omg  LOL             i was beet red      had to explaine it was the game   LOL    omg     it took me 30 min to come down for the rush   

lol
ROFLOL! i'd give you a +1 but i'm outa Karma

damn 10 point limit :angry:
Pappy2
+18|6807|Chicago

gblanco wrote:

khmer wrote:

I am 43, and yes, he inspired me too.
Status check please 

did ya get it????
d3x74
+14|6789|NY
Best map for Knifing: Sharqi

Also use the jeeps. Drive them towards people and they turn around and run, just pull over and the minute you stop they turn around going "wtf mate?". Thats when you knife them.
fierce
I love [fiSh]
+167|6710
Requirements will be changed to 100 Global Kills, IAR Requirements removed. After Patch 1.3 it won't take any skill to make the Expert Knife. At least i got it since months :]

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard