nordicfireman
+7|6685
a while ago i put my old radeon 9200 128mb card in my friend's Shuttle, and it worked just fine. later i put my geforce 6800gs in for about a week and now i've put the 9200 back in, but bf2 won't work. the screen goes black for a second and then goes back to the desktop like nothing happened.

i am not having problems with lag or seeing through buildings, i've read all about those problems...my 9200 actually worked already, with patch 1.22 and everything.

i have done driver cleaner and carefully followed the directions to get rid of my nvidia and ati drivers, then re-installed the newest catalyst drivers, and still no go.

anybody know what i should do?
mooncricket
Knife Whore
+10|6750|Alabama
I had that problem too, but with a different video. I think your problem is your refresh rate. BF2 keeps whatever settings you have, regardless if your card supports it. Like I hooked my computer up to a tv at 200Hz, but when I hooked it back up to the computer it wouldnt work because it was trying to achieve a refresh rate that was not possible on an LCD monitor. To change it manually, go to:

C:\Documents and Settings\Yourcomputername\My Documents\Battlefield 2\Profiles\0001\Video

Change the line "VideoSettings.setResolution 1024x768@75Hz" to something that your vid card supports, for example 60 Hz. so, it should look like

VideoSettings.setResolution 1024x768@60Hz

Save, and that should work. If you have multiple profiles, change them all to this. (i.e. 0002)

Last edited by mooncricket (2006-04-22 21:41:38)

dubbs
+105|6645|Lexington, KY

nordicfireman wrote:

a while ago i put my old radeon 9200 128mb card in my friend's Shuttle, and it worked just fine. later i put my geforce 6800gs in for about a week and now i've put the 9200 back in, but bf2 won't work. the screen goes black for a second and then goes back to the desktop like nothing happened.

i am not having problems with lag or seeing through buildings, i've read all about those problems...my 9200 actually worked already, with patch 1.22 and everything.

i have done driver cleaner and carefully followed the directions to get rid of my nvidia and ati drivers, then re-installed the newest catalyst drivers, and still no go.

anybody know what i should do?
First off is your 9200 an PCI card?

EA wrote:

Note that if you have a ATI Radeon 9200 PCI card (this does not apply to AGP or PCI Express cards), you may experience this issue even after updating your drivers.  Although this card meets the memory requirements for running the game, when tested it was not able to run the game with a stability adequate enough to make the official supported video card list in the Readme for the game.  Updating your video card drivers as well as your motherboard firmware may help to resolve this issue.  Please refer to your video card manufacturer for further instruction.
Even though it is listed on the BF2 box as supported.

Last edited by dubbs (2006-04-22 21:46:13)

nordicfireman
+7|6685
it's agp, i'll try the refresh rate thing
ninja6o4
+3|6735
It is most likely your refresh or resolution. If that doesn't work, delete your profile and retrieve it. that will fix it.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard