flyingsquirrel3
+8|6626
Ok i was messing into my BF2 files and found out how to remove the EA and dice little intro movies when the game start.
I think those movies are boring because they cant be stopped.
So just go in C program files EA games BF2 mods movies bf2
then remove EA and DICE.
If you have SF and you want to remove EA movie go to C program files EA games bf2 mods movies Xpack1 and delete EA (dice will be already gone cuz SF use the one in normal bf2)

I'm not sure bout how to remove the other one with Battlefield 2 wrote but i'm sure it would be easy to find.

Hope that havent been posted yet i've searched a little but not all.
Cheers
F.S.
Sarrk
O-O-O A-O A
+788|6679|Brisbane, Australia

Dont remove them, change the names, you may need them............

Add a letter to the end of all the movies there, stops them loading and increases performance

But other than that, good work on finding this, Ive known this but just cant be bothered post about it unless requested

Last edited by Sarrk (2006-04-21 19:50:02)

younggun
+28|6667
^^ what he said...

i just removed the k off of .bik
Capt. Foley
+155|6611|Allentown, PA, USA
i just saw something that took out the movies for u when i was looking for the latests patch
so i just used that and it deleted all the movies
or atleast i think it did they dont play anymore
Todd_Angelo
Leukocyte
+336|6650|Warlord
http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?id=20403

I'm sure it must be mentioned elsewhere too as I found this out here.
gblanco
Viva Mexico
+15|6785
I did this months ago, and some servers did not let me join because something about "modified content".
XstrangerdangerX
conversation is combat
+36|6652|Tasmania
I use 'the allseeing eye', a server finder from my wolfenstein days. Start a game through there and you go straight to the log in, no need to mess with movie files. You can also set TASE to close once you've selected a game from there.

It's also a far better server lister than the ingame one, it'll rack up servers according to your specifics and do it in under 5 seconds.

Get it from here; http://enemy-territory.4players.de:1041 … w_dlfile=3

Last edited by XstrangerdangerX (2006-04-21 21:03:08)

Mr NiceGuy
+4|6864|Norway
Add +restart 1 to your shortcut target... That will remove all the video's on startup.
And if you wanto log directly into the game add +playerName yourplayername +playerPassword yourtopsecretpass
Remember the space and upper/lowercase letters...

Last edited by Mr NiceGuy (2006-04-21 22:48:08)

{CN}420
+30|6701

Mr NiceGuy wrote:

Add +restart 1 to your shortcut target... That will remove all the video's on startup.
And if you wanto log directly into the game add +playerName yourplayername +playerPassword yourtopsecretpass
Wow, I wish I could +100 you. I did +1 you, thanks!
-[Silver.Inc*
BF2s AU Server Admin
+315|6604|Melbourne, Australia.

Mr NiceGuy wrote:

kaaaaaaaaarma
valli
+10|6662
Thanks MrNiceGuy for the +restart tip. What I always do is rename the Movies directory to Movies_, that way I can revert it before applying a patch and not worry about altering content.
Mr NiceGuy
+4|6864|Norway
LoL! No problem...
Allien-Slo7
+0|6618|Slovenia
The intro movies in Battlefield 2 are cool the first time you watch them, but become very tedious after the hundredth time. The files also total up to about 250mb of memory. Loading these annoying battlefield 2 videos into the ram every time can seriously affect performance. To disable (NOT remove) these movies, follow the steps below, it's really very simple, you don't even have to go into the registry!

How do you do it?

Step 1: Navigate to your Battlefield 2 folder (default: C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\Battlefield 2)

Step 2: Click on Mods then bf2 then Movies

Step 3: Right Click on each file and click Rename, then rename it to anything you want, as you can see below, I mainly just added "ky" to the extension. I reccomened that you dont rename the folder, as this can cause issues with punkbuster. I also suggest you keep welcome.bik intact, for the same reason.

http://www.bf2lag.com/top5tips3.html#Tip6
Mr NiceGuy
+4|6864|Norway
Why not +restart 1? Takes about 2 sec...

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard