AlphaDrake
+10|6779|Edmonton
1.) This isn't really a problem , but I unlocked the Jackhammer ( i know this is a rather long distance combat game but meh) and it sucks ass! I do not reccomend getting it.

2.) My unlocked sniper rifle isnt working. I shot a guy 5 times and no kills, went on to others and the same thing. To test this, i got my friend to go on an empty server and I came up to him point blank and shot....nothing, not even damaged....any ideas?
tF-voodoochild
Pew Pew!
+216|6844|San Francisco

1) I also unlocked the jackhammer, but havent really gotten to use it much. It seems better than the pump so far though.

2) Only thing I can think of is perhaps you were on a friendly fire off server and shooting at teammates... No clue otherwise.
Greenie_Beazinie
Aussie Outlaw
+8|6810
No offense dude, but at your current stage it appears most weapons suck in your hands... keep at it and I'm sure the Jackhammer will reward
-(PK)-DarkIllusion
+1|6837
the jackhammer rules... u need to practice ur aim... cuz that thing kills wit 1 shot at close range... and the m95 kills wit a headshot.. unless ur laggin n somehow u miss cuz of the lag... usually pings over 90+ r not good for sniping
beeng
Get C4, here!
+66|6783

jackhammer is wicked for the engies... far better htan the chinese or american pump shotguns.
and yes, the m95 is kinda crappy at longer ranges... even medium ranges i find it goes off target a lot; very annoying.  I still prefer the classic m24 for sniping.
ArkAng37
+1|6841|San Antonio, TX
I have the Jackhammer and I sucked at first then I got used to it and now Im pretty good with it!
Mr_Sinistero
+1|6781|Australia
i find the m95 awesome for sniping, you have to remember to adjust for bullet drop and lead if the target is moving.
r00fus
+2|6789
id rather have the pump shotgun over pretty much every gun in the game
aardfrith
Δ > x > ¥
+145|6789
The sniper rifles are no good for close-up shooting.  I was on Wake Island last night as sniper and almost stumbled an enemy sniper perched in my favourite position.  Had the rifle in my hands so I shot with that, standing over him and missed.  Switched to pistol and unloaded into his head.  One dead sniper, one more pistol kill.
Ryan_Mercury
"It's Recharging!"
+19|6817

aardfrith wrote:

Had the rifle in my hands so I shot with that, standing over him and missed.  Switched to pistol and unloaded into his head.
I'll bet he was like "WTFBBQ!?" when he heard the shot LOL

Last edited by Ryan_Mercury (2005-10-06 04:47:52)

Adonlude
+2|6776
I thought the M95 sometimes has an issue with the first clip not doing any damage, I have read about it here before and I believe I have experienced it myself (not sure yet, just unlocked it). After the first clip it will work fine. Anyone know if this was fixed in the new patch?

The M95 is very powerfull though, more so than the other sniper rifles. People always look at the damage chart and say "but it does the same damage as the American gun" which is only part of the story. The M95 is armor peircing which means that whether you hit a medic (no body armor) or assult (body armor) guy in the toe or the chest you are always going to do the max damage with the M95, not so with the other rifles.

If you have the M95 use it, its better than the others!
Gabriel
+0|6782

Adonlude wrote:

I thought the M95 sometimes has an issue with the first clip not doing any damage, I have read about it here before and I believe I have experienced it myself (not sure yet, just unlocked it). After the first clip it will work fine. Anyone know if this was fixed in the new patch?

The M95 is very powerfull though, more so than the other sniper rifles. People always look at the damage chart and say "but it does the same damage as the American gun" which is only part of the story. The M95 is armor peircing which means that whether you hit a medic (no body armor) or assult (body armor) guy in the toe or the chest you are always going to do the max damage with the M95, not so with the other rifles.

If you have the M95 use it, its better than the others!
I snipe often, very often, and I can say I've never had this problem. To the OP I'm inclined to think it's the friendly fire hypothesis. Do you know if you were on a server that had friendly fire "off"?
Guruz
Sir
+20|6835|government yard in trenchtown.
One round I played on Karkand I hit every single shot with the M95!
Woooo-heeew.
Choice A) Guruz ownz your f00kin arses!
Choice B) The patch made it more accurate.
Omnimalice
All Hate
+1|6776|Northern VA
With regards to the sniper unlock, were you zoomed in or not? If you're not zoomed in on that gun it has absolutly no accuracy.

It actually sounds more like a glitch than anything else. I would have recommended the standard reload bf2 or reboot machine.
McCullough
+7|6835
Everybody who says the M95 suck and they cant hit or kill anything with it cant use it. It takes practise to be effective with the M95. It's more difficult to use than the M24. So quit the M95 whining and learn how to shoot instead.

Last edited by McCullough (2005-10-07 01:55:48)

thinner44
+1|6806
I unlocked the M95 the other day, went into a game and got 4 kills from 4 headshots. I think Darkillusion is right though and although some have said it before, if you ping over a certain point, it's much harder to use. 1st game I my ping was 24... 4/4 on the nail, 2nd game 233, 0/25... even allowing for drop and moving.
Jackhammer, great gun, you can blast away all day with that thing.

Greenie_Beazinie... so nicely put ... I'm also in that catagory and I'm hoping EA will release a 'Strategic nuclear missile' for those of us that find walking and shooting too much , also, I live in hope that the daisycutter makes its way onto bf2
TA_Havok
+1|6775|Charlotte NC
I like the M95 its great.I shot a guy out of a jet on Wake as he was trying to take off (i was US) and then i stole his jet.I also Claymored the airfield and killed him again when he came back!!!! ROFL!!

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard