lilmike815
+2|6786|Chicago, IL, U. S. A.
Any one who of any websites of who sell custom computer like (i.e. alienware/dell/systemax)? I have heard of abs, falcon, and ibuypower are there any more any one could recomend or warn me about?
MaddOps
Who the hell elected you leader of this outfit?
+55|6589
There's also Voodoo.
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6708

MaddOps wrote:

There's also Voodoo.
one of the best i must say
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
notorious
Nay vee, bay bee.
+1,396|6738|The United Center
i've heard VERY bad things about ibuypower.

it would seem that you have a 50/50 chance of your computer being perfect....or it failing miserably.  also, they are reknown for having absolutely horrendous customer service.

i was going to get a computer from there and decided against it.  i really wouldn't recommend them.
BlackLegion42
Damn Command and Conquer Generals...
+62|6721|Rochester, NY
Ya don't buy ibuypower. They actually lie to their customers and just gets greedy with the money like Micro$oft and Bill Gates...
vjs
+19|6762
Your really better off looking at what they put in the system and purchaing those parts seperately, building it yourself.

Anyways to each his own and they don't really offer any special warranties.
Tunacommy
+56|6612|Massachusetts, USA

vjs wrote:

Your really better off looking at what they put in the system and purchaing those parts seperately, building it yourself.

Anyways to each his own and they don't really offer any special warranties.
Agreed.  Build it - I am a noob and I just built one - it was easier than I expected.....and saves a ton of money.

But I have heard and read great things about Velocity.....stacks up well price wise to the others.
BlackLegion42
Damn Command and Conquer Generals...
+62|6721|Rochester, NY
Also, if you build yourself, there are warranties given to parts you buy. For example, an Athlon 64 CPU has an 5 yr. manafacturing warranty when you buy retail and so does RAM from most major RAM manafacturers. You don't get a neat computer company warranty that repairs the parts for you in ther hands and not dealing with many individual warranties. There are warranties for parts you buy to assemble a PC but there are also limitations to the warranties. One good example is if you smoke your CPU by overclocking, you won't get a happy response from the CPU manafacturing company to replace it.
anoverdose
+0|6577
elitepc.com
Vilham
Say wat!?
+580|6758|UK
make one ureself

i did and then just paid a shop to put in the motherboard.

Last edited by Vilham (2006-04-21 16:42:58)

bigelectricat
+3|6683
check out hypersonic pc. i can vouch for their customer service and they have very fast very stable gaming rigs. before i started building my own systems i used to buy from them. the last time i ordered from them i asked the customer service rep if they can add scsi raid and at that time they did not have them as an option. i told them i already have the hard drives plus the controller card and the customer service rep said that i can send them the parts and they will include it in the build. when i got the computer the raid was already setup and they even included the raid drivers in the custom recovery disk.
tF-voodoochild
Pew Pew!
+216|6839|San Francisco

My personal favorite is http://overdrivepc.com/
Janus67
Tech God
+86|6587|Ohio, USA
just build your own, it is cheaper and really not difficult at all.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard