Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6708

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

The more complicated part is the tyranny of people's religious opinions over other people's bodies.
Banning abortions is pretty haram, sharia allows for abortion. how can they take away the laws of allah?
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6764|PNW

This article talks about at what point does the soul enter the fetus, which is probably not very scientific in and of itself: https://muslimmatters.org/2019/05/21/wh … -in-islam/

I'm kind of on their side that it's a bit unfair that people are saying "just like the Muslims!" when it's a bit more complex than that and that there are a lot of Christian organizations to choose from which are opposed to abortions. Stick with "Y'alliban" jokes, I think.

Elsewhere:

https://i.imgur.com/2dhJeNZ.jpg
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6098|eXtreme to the maX

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

People still complain about slavery because we live in a society where racism is still rampant. What thefuck are you talking about?
Pretty sure racism is unrelated to slavery.

I think the takeaway here is that running a country on a document written with a quill makes no sense.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6764|PNW

I know mac hooked you into it, but there is so much more juicy material that could be talked about in this thread other than your takes on black people.

Like this totally didn't-see-it-coming police reaction to protests.

https://twitter.com/VPS_Reports/status/ … 1671528448
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
Its been pointed out that the recently appointed judges stated in their congressional interviews that they believed R v W was settled law.
Were they lying under oath?

On the one hand this whole business is stupid and backwards.

On the other they haven't really done anything but hand the issue to the states.
If people don't like living in backward states they can vote with their feet.
If a state ends up populated with people who lack the gumption to move and an awful lot of fatherless black kids to support then so be it.

Maybe this will galvanise a democrat super-majority in the next election
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6764|PNW

Imagine an even completely uninvolved pregnant women getting her ass randomly kicked by riot cops, and then going to jail for having a miscarriage. A possibly envisionable scenario.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6764|PNW

Anyway, I feel like there are some things that should be guaranteed to US citizens regardless of what state they live in. Politicians at the federal level are bad enough until you scrutinize some of the state-level wackos out there. A lot of people who live in, even grew up in, poor red states can't even afford to just pack up and move.

itt I linked, a "don't tread on me" truck did a victory lap after protesters were cleared out? If I skimmed that correctly, really strange irony seeing a flag like that used to celebrate liberties put in peril.

e:

re: "fatherless black children," can be taken to the race thread if you want. a bit of a hefty, snowballed subject that certainly has a lot of connection to social and economic histories in the US. Not to forget either the relatively high rate of fatherless whites, hispanics.

Last edited by unnamednewbie13 (2022-06-25 03:16:56)

Dilbert_X
The X stands for
There are lots of potential scenarios.

Go for a walk while pregnant. Attempted murder.

Will pregnant women be allowed to travel out of zero-abortion states for any reason?
I can see a lot of documents required to prove they aren't travelling for an abortion. Lets see your phone and internet records ma'am, and we're going to need your husband's permission in writing.
Next any woman will have to prove she's not pregnant before being allowed to travel.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
Well I guess more crime will sell more guns.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Legalized … ime_effect
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6764|PNW

"Pro-choice" states are declaring that they won't cooperate with "pro-life" states on stuff like that. I guess instead of making your way to the Canadian border, you can try to flee to the west coast while evading the Combine, or Vichy South, or whatever you want to call it.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
People won't be able to get to the pro-choice states though.

https://img.freepik.com/free-photo/two-male-police-officers-checking-driver-s-license-policemen-uniform-protect-law-registration-offense-cops-work-city-street-order-justice-control_266732-29817.jpg?w=2000
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6764|PNW

If you slather yourself in cold, wet mud and travel at night, you might be able to evade the pregnancy curfew drones.
uziq
+492|3444

SuperJail Warden wrote:

A bunch of childless men complaining about not being able to get a procedure that they don't even qualify for. Poor you.
https://c.tenor.com/8wCvxD2u-WsAAAAC/sopranos-livia-poor-you.gif
retarded take. i don’t have cancer but i think everyone should get free treatment.  learn to think beyond the end of your own nose.
uziq
+492|3444

SuperJail Warden wrote:

You don't need to be a religious fundamentalist to want to protect innocent babies if you think abortion kills babies/potential babies.
only the religious think that abortions kill ‘life’. the scientific understanding is fairly clear. an early term abortion doesn’t terminate anything resembling sentient/sapient ‘life’. it’s the religious who think life begins at the point of the sperm meeting the egg. science understands that most abortions just flush petri dish culture.

why are you playing devil’s advocate for specious fundie arguments? go and examine yourself. i hope that none of your facebook dates end in an ‘accident’.

imagine being a simp for evangelicals. pathetic.
uziq
+492|3444

Dilbert_X wrote:

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

People still complain about slavery because we live in a society where racism is still rampant. What thefuck are you talking about?

I think the takeaway here is that running a country on a document written with a quill makes no sense.
l o l

slavery was literally underpinned, girdled and superstructured by white supremacist thinking.

how could you conceive of a person as chattel ‘property’ if you weren’t intrinsically racist and denying the ‘Other’ their equal and just humanity?

you are one of the stupidest people i have ever met. haven’t you seen any d. w. griffith movies? all of american slavery was RACIST.
Larssen
+99|1879

Dilbert_X wrote:

Its been pointed out that the recently appointed judges stated in their congressional interviews that they believed R v W was settled law.
Were they lying under oath?

On the one hand this whole business is stupid and backwards.

On the other they haven't really done anything but hand the issue to the states.
If people don't like living in backward states they can vote with their feet.
If a state ends up populated with people who lack the gumption to move and an awful lot of fatherless black kids to support then so be it.

Maybe this will galvanise a democrat super-majority in the next election
It's bizarre to me that 'they just handed the issue to the states' is some sort of prevailing argument. If a country can't agree to very basic moral and ethical principles for all its citizens, it's not much of a country.

I wouldn't for a second accept it if in parts of my country women and couples were robbed of the option to consider abortion when dealing with unwanted pregnancies. It's the 21st century ffs. This is some loony backwards thinking that tries to reimpose medieval social control over people's lives. Thou shalt not haveth sex before marriage lest you birth babies. Pregnancy as punishment. Women denied access to safe procedures because of the sanctity of unborn life or something.

Fuck all of that.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for

uziq wrote:

Dilbert_X wrote:

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

l o l

slavery was literally underpinned, girdled and superstructured by white supremacist thinking.

how could you conceive of a person as chattel ‘property’ if you weren’t intrinsically racist and denying the ‘Other’ their equal and just humanity?

you are one of the stupidest people i have ever met. haven’t you seen any d. w. griffith movies? all of american slavery was RACIST.
You missed the point, racism is not dependent on slavery, plenty of peoples and nations are successfully racist without slavery being a factor.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for

uziq wrote:

retarded take. i don’t have cancer but i think everyone should get free treatment.  learn to think beyond the end of your own nose.
If you think about it cancer is a form of life.

Don't murder cancer.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for

Larssen wrote:

It's bizarre to me that 'they just handed the issue to the states' is some sort of prevailing argument. If a country can't agree to very basic moral and ethical principles for all its citizens, it's not much of a country.
They have a state based system, maybe this issue should never have been taken away from the states.
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+635|3711

uziq wrote:

SuperJail Warden wrote:

You don't need to be a religious fundamentalist to want to protect innocent babies if you think abortion kills babies/potential babies.
only the religious think that abortions kill ‘life’. the scientific understanding is fairly clear. an early term abortion doesn’t terminate anything resembling sentient/sapient ‘life’. it’s the religious who think life begins at the point of the sperm meeting the egg. science understands that most abortions just flush petri dish culture.

why are you playing devil’s advocate for specious fundie arguments? go and examine yourself. i hope that none of your facebook dates end in an ‘accident’.

I think you misunderstand where I am coming from. I don't have any love for evangelicals. I am also pro-choice. I feel about abortion bans in red states the same way I feel about loose gun laws and antivax sentiment.

The people in those states want to suffer and die from COVID, guns, and getting outbred. They should be allowed to do so. I am beyond trying to help them.
https://i.imgur.com/xsoGn9X.jpg
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6764|PNW

Dilbert_X wrote:

Larssen wrote:

They have a state based system, maybe this issue should never have been taken away from the states.
Things like civil rights and access to health care for all citizens should be a national concern.

SuperJail Warden wrote:

I think you misunderstand where I am coming from. I don't have any love for evangelicals. I am also pro-choice. I feel about abortion bans in red states the same way I feel about loose gun laws and antivax sentiment.

The people in those states want to suffer and die from COVID, guns, and getting outbred. They should be allowed to do so. I am beyond trying to help them.
The people living in red states aren't a homogeneous mass. In writing them off, you also write off Americans trapped there whose voices are drowned out.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6764|PNW

ted cruz warns against VIOLENCE from, er, radical abortion advocates. "protect the pro-life clinics!"

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/ted … 12214.html

Meanwhile, Planned Parenthood, which has historically offered a range of medical services for women, including abortion, and other reproductive healthcare providers, have been met with actual violence, including fatal shootings, arson, and calling in death and bomb threats, the U.S. Department of Justice reported about recent incidents in 2021.
uziq
+492|3444

SuperJail Warden wrote:

uziq wrote:

SuperJail Warden wrote:

this is beyond cynicism. 'let dumb people suffer the consequences of their actions' is a somewhat understandable point. but overturning roe v. wade adversely affects any number of putatively innocent women. it gives states carte blanche to dictate how women's freedom operates. imagine living in a country in 2022 where birth control is dictated by evangelicals and creepy nutzoids from the fox news far right. it's fucking awful.

if it comes to personal choices like obesity or poor dieting: i agree with you. let people eat themselves to death. but abortion is a deeply political issue and i don't know how anyone can condone this level of intervention in a woman's fallopian tubes. to me, freedom involves letting a woman choose if she wants a fucking baby or not. this has nothing to do with low IQ people getting what they deserve. this is a human tragedy. shame on you, fake catholic loser.
Larssen
+99|1879
The state's rights defence implicitly condones the banning of abortion. If even these sorts of issues are fine to 'leave up to the states', I'd like to know where the proponents of that logic draw the line.

Should gay marriage be a state's rights issue? Access to contraception? The right to vote? Access to education? Why even have federal policies at all?
uziq
+492|3444
if the federal govt can’t protect basic human rights or individual freedom then why are you even in a federation, honestly.

the current SC is slowly turning america into a theocracy. it’s a sad irony. conservatives and right-wingers celebrate things like banning abortion, when really all they’re doing is clapping the SC ruling for evangelical opinion.

Last edited by uziq (2022-06-26 00:31:45)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard