joker8baller
+68|6659
=o Make one of Alamo
mcminty
Moderating your content for the Australian Govt.
+879|6713|Sydney, Australia
Will the 2 subway stations be connected?

2 criss-crossing tunnels with branching service rooms would make for some tense action.

Last edited by mcminty (2006-04-21 01:20:37)

B.Schuss
I'm back, baby... ( sort of )
+664|6833|Cologne, Germany

well, I am gonna come across like a real boon here, but in which format do custom maps come and in which folder would I have to put them ?
wayneakagod
+17|6739
You would have to place the folder of the map in :

c - program files - ea games - battlefield 2 - mods - bf2 - levels.

That is if it's just a map of course, and there are no new objects or the like.
tF-afrojap
+124|6839|SF
Updated the mock map a tad bit.
Main bases will now only get one jeep, and added a TOW mount for each side. (no, those aren't black dudes flipping you off.)

A quick update on my progress:
Didn't get a chance to mess around too much today, and having a playable map ready by this Sat seems unlikely. The underground stations are a crucial part of the map, and it makes no sense doing any testing without them.
I got my first custom mesh loaded into the editor. And let me tell you, it was a fucking nightmare! I am totally nub at this, got some srs homework to do before I get anything setup that's worth playing. @_@ I also tested the mesh in an actual bf2 game, and was surprised to see that the mesh had disappeared.. That backstabbing piece of polygonal shit! I knew it was going to pull some funky shit on me. gotta look into that tomorrow. yay. fun.

edit: Thanks for all the karma luvin. I won't disappoint.
engineer
+3|6715|Aalborg, Denmark
nice!
Ashes_To_Empires
+1|6576|England!!
I know its not real, but there should be a working monorail, that would be cool...
My_pet_squirrel
Have you seen my nutz?
+126|6612

Ashes_To_Empires wrote:

I know its not real, but there should be a working monorail, that would be cool...
Its possible is someone is a master at maya and recoding the game
ExtremeSpy506
Code Red Pro Sniper Guy
+45|6630|Olympus Mons, Mars
I'm not going to help you for 2 days since you banned me from the forum.
Boomer1120
Vagine Movie Thread Creator
+105|6734
I'd hit it....

two times!!
[TUF]Whiskey_Oktober
mmmm...Toasty!
+91|6714|Oregon
okay...

1: there are ways to make SF maps...you have to dowload the latest version of the editor, which is only avaliable on the bf2 gotfrag forums... however, i think that making this an SF map would be a mistake...night vision would be too powerfull a weapon in the tunnels/sewer. i vote for a vanilla map.

2: if you have Day of Defeat (1.6 or Source) i think you are trying to make a map similar to that of dod_kalt (but not winter, and not WWII) there are tunnel systems that allow you to rush other flags on the opposite side of the battlefield.

3: i like the idea of an infantry only map...no vehicles at all...there is nothing like that in Bf2 currently and i think it would be a big advantage to your map. if you have ever played an infantry-only scrim, it is really intense and unlike anything else in the game.

4: i think the coolest and best way to do the tunnels will be to have two tunnel systems. one should be a sewer system that is closer to above ground, with the only light from the manholes leading to above-ground, and the second is a realistic subway tunnel, with tracks, a few lights, and 1 or 2 exits to the surface.

5: the above ground should be modeled after a map similar to dc_lostvillage, with a lot of buildings, close together, and lots of accesable roofs, cranes, etc. however, the design on the map you have (with main roads to each flag, completely open with no cover except on the sides) is a good idea. the focus of the battle should be on the side of the road, just in-and-out of the buildings lining the road.

6: i would be very interested in testing this map with you guys...it looks like a cool project...hopefully it'll come together soon...
a fly
+105|6636|The netherlands

NZDeathBoy wrote:

a fly wrote:

*stopped reading at olmost bottom of the first page*

The tunnel from 1 station to the other would be cool, but a snipers dream, so if you do tunnels dont make them straight from point a to point b

What about making the highway a spawnpoint.  and some (with c4) distroyable road blocks... (problebly not possable)
Yeah thats a good idea, but, it wouldn't be realistic, as most subway tunnels go pretty much straight. Though they do have to have a gental curve in them. So if he had it a big as curve from one end to another it could be ok
thats what i ment, so its not possable for snipers to headshot to the other side, and with snipers i mean pkm
tahadar
Sniper!!
+183|6730|Pakistan/England
this sounds awesome!
My_pet_squirrel
Have you seen my nutz?
+126|6612
I hope you are going to be nicer than ea and put ladders on every building that way snipers can go anywhere they please instead on the popular 3-4 spots in the normal maps
jan
+0|6839|GMT -5
isn't it the word "smog" ?

Last edited by jan (2006-04-21 12:01:49)

vjs
+19|6763
It really looks like a great map... seriously keep the tank it wouldn't be BF2 without it.

Couple of suggestions however, make the two starting spawn points inside of potentially the 3 or 4th floor one or two floors away from the roof. With stairs directly out the front facing towards the opposing building.

Personally I'd make the map symetric cutting half way through the tank spawn point and mid way through the bases, no map advantages.

Don't place any barrier and allow the tank free access between all the spawn points but bon't allow it to cap flags.

I'd also suggest in addition to the tunnel system you allow people to migrate from flag to flag through the buildings to avoid the tank. This way alot of people will play anti-tank shoot from the windows and of course DAO-12 heaven.

Don't worry about the claymores simply place multiple ways through the the buildings 3rd throgh 4th floors or two hallways. (Steal portions from the SF maps)

I.E, this would allow moving via the tunnel, roof tops, halways, streets, etc
InviSniper
The first true Sniper.
+95|6635|Cumberland, MD, USA
Looks hot, but the name... it needs to sound awesome, like Operation Street Thunder, or Street Strike, or Strike at San Fran., or Operation Daybreak Lightning (Since it looks like a fast-paced map.); just some quick examples.
[TUF]Whiskey_Oktober
mmmm...Toasty!
+91|6714|Oregon
re: vjs- i personally have thought a lot about this, but then i realized that there are only 1 or 2 buildings in the game that allow you to be inside them..and it takes a hellishly long time to model and skin stuff like this. the tank would be okay i guess...its a matter of opinion, and since its afro's project, its his call. but definitely no vodniks/dpvs/etc.
Firestarter
+12|6606
Ok umm from the pic I believe it's the PLA not MEC although I didn't read the entire first post...
str33k
+0|6839
Looks like it will be fun. Ill help test the map if the test night is a weakend.
a fly
+105|6636|The netherlands
is it possable to add humvee's without the top gun on? or not beeing able to shoot then it would be transport only
BlackLegion42
Damn Command and Conquer Generals...
+62|6722|Rochester, NY
Awesome! Cn you make one of Danville/San Ramon and Walnut Creek??? Plz???
sinistar
+3|6572
Why not stick a flag on the top level of some building?
[QXJZ]Capt_Kefra
Alright, you're good to go!
+124|6720|Honolulu, HI
It just struck me that the naming of BF2 maps is a science.  Here are the rules:

1) If the name of the location is cool sounding by itself, that can be used as the map's name as well (e.g., "Mashtuur City", "Zatar Wetlands", "Kubra Dam").

2) If not, use one of the following formulas:
*Strike At ____ (ex. "Strike At Madison Avenue")
*Operation ____ (ex. "Operation Money Shot")
*_____ Stalemate (ex. "Queens Stalemate")

3) Otherwise, think of some cute nickname/adjective-noun pair for the map (e.g., "Night Flight," "Warlord," "Surge")--for example, "Bukkake Skirmish"

Damn, it's times like this I wish I had knowledge of a programming language/3D modeling app so I could actually contribute something meainingful to the discourse.  But keep it up, this sounds like an uber cool idea at the moment!
Roomaster
+15|6653
is this stikied yet?

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard