tF-afrojap
+124|6817|SF
Ok, so now that I’ve finished modeling the bf2s medal, I am moving on to my next project.

Operation Smug Screen (working title)
The battle will take place near the UN building in downtown San Francisco.

Key features:
- Fast paced infantry combat on the streets, and underground within two subway stations
- One middle flag which can be captured fairly fast. Spawns one tank
- There will be two flags per subway station. One located near the entrance, and the other on the lowest level of the station. (2 floors deep)
- The upper flag on each station will spawn one jeep for quick transportation.

Things I am considering are:
- Whether connecting the two stations via tunnels or not. (obviously a claymore heaven)
- Removing jeeps entirely. Map will be small enough to move around on foot. Think of 16 player Karkand.
- Add another ground level flag to bring more of the combat above ground. I don’t want to make it a claustrophobic counter strike map. Ideally, I want the action to be 70% above ground, 30% underground.

A quick mock up of the map. (thanks google)
https://www.k4zz.com/temp/smug_map_v1.1.jpg

Feel free to reply with your flames, comments, suck ups etc. I appreciate your feedback.
Will have a rough test version up at some point, and would like to know who would be interested in testing with us. Our Saturday night gaming sessions would obviously be a great place to do this.
polarbearz
Raiders of the Lost Bear
+-1,474|6759|Singapore

Why smug screen?
^*AlphA*^
F*ckers
+3,135|6708|The Hague, Netherlands

so the MEC made it to the American Mainland, looks fun but allot of cars on the road bulldoze them with my tank then
https://bf3s.com/sigs/36eac2cb6af70a43508fd8d1c93d3201f4e23435.png
-EcS-Blade
Mr.Speakman
+153|6610|Manchester UK
sounds like a gd idea
tthf
Member 5307
+210|6727|06-01
pardon my ignorance.... bf2s medal??
Flecco
iPod is broken.
+1,048|6635|NT, like Mick Dundee

Chinese? Why not a chinese city map...
Whoa... Can't believe these forums are still kicking.
Slayer
---hates you
+1,137|6726|Hell, p.o box 666

sounds pretty cool... lets go for testing, hurry up!
tF-afrojap
+124|6817|SF

polarbearz wrote:

Why smug screen?
Watch the recent episode of Southpark

tthf wrote:

pardon my ignorance.... bf2s medal??
No details yet, but you can check my sig for a preview

Flecco wrote:

Chinese? Why not a chinese city map...
It doesn't matter to which army it is at this point. Those are details that can be sorted out later. I'm concerned with the general flow of the map, and the balance.

My main concern right now are regarding the flow of the map, and trying to keep it balanced.
oberst_enzian
+234|6712|melb.au
sounds good to me - the more urban cqc maps the better! i like the idea of underground components too, though they should be designed to avoid long narrow passages that would just turn into a nade spam fest
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6731

oberst_enzian wrote:

sounds good to me - the more urban cqc maps the better! i like the idea of underground components too, though they should be designed to avoid long narrow passages that would just turn into a nade spam fest
Agree with that.  I hope the subway walls don't turn into C4 and clay heaven like Great Wall.
Encoded
The bf2s eunuch
+11|6685
Psh, suck ass idea. -1 for you!  Sounds cool, just make sure that jeeps can fit so they can go underground!  That would be sweet driving down steps or something to the subway station and driving on the railway.  Also, if you could put in a working subway so i dont have to run to the next flag.
kthxbye!
aardfrith
Δ > x > ¥
+145|6762
Yeah but make it so the jeeps can't get back up though - make sure there's no ramps back onto the platforms.  Oh and avoid making the tunnels too tall - if they are just about head height, people can't jump and grenade lobbing/shooting distances will be reduced.

Still, sounds like a great idea.  Reminds me of some custom BHD maps.
Mj.Blindfisch
Bulletdrop-Buddha
+338|6666|Germany

polarbearz wrote:

Why smug screen?
Seems that someone has seen one of the newest episodes of South Park....

Making gay little songs about people driving hybrids causes smug.And George Clooney's Academy Award speech..

Last edited by Mj.Blindfisch (2006-04-20 05:39:10)

malarkeycoon
+16|6610|Cardiff
Put a flag in the middle as well. That way most of the players will spend their time there battleing it out for the centre flag leaving the other ones open for crap player such as myself to take.
Eckzack
The east-german Fuxxer
+37|6814|Germany / Saxony
Keep teh tank out...
https://bf3s.com/sigs/384f5f7318c23ecb5909f14b157d6d31e8b5a332.png

IRNV-Field 3... New School Shit...
Black Vaine
+43|6592|K-Town, Sweden
My dream! To fight in a american city! Finally we can devastate their land as they do with other countries! GO MEC!!

* Great idea, urban maps are very popular and the tunnel system sounds good.  You going to throw in night vision? Maybe?

As for the "smug" . Haha, couldn't stop laughing, San Fransisco and there smug , you go! ^^ Afrojap
david363
Crotch fires and you: the untold story
+314|6709|Comber, Northern Ireland
i think its a pretty good idea, just one question would the roof tops be accesible? and if so would ther be any mounted weapons on them?
Cheddarmuff
+21|6622
1) Kill the tank...(or the team with it will smoke everyone)

2) Consider limiting the jeep's to 1 per flag, will turn into a roadkill fest otherwise. (or put in forklifts everywhere and have forklift wars).

Regardless looks pretty cool and would fun to play!! +1 for you
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6731

Black Vaine wrote:

My dream! To fight in a american city! Finally we can devastate their land as they do with other countries! GO MEC!!

* Great idea, urban maps are very popular and the tunnel system sounds good.  You going to throw in night vision? Maybe?

As for the "smug" . Haha, couldn't stop laughing, San Fransisco and there smug , you go! ^^ Afrojap
Devistate lands?  Either you are joking or you are a true retard.
tF-afrojap
+124|6817|SF

usmarine2005 wrote:

oberst_enzian wrote:

Agree with that.  I hope the subway walls don't turn into C4 and clay heaven like Great Wall.
It will, not way around that. However I will add structures to break up the area, and make it harder to block it with claymores.

As for the requests for removing the tanks, it's battlefield man, you gotta have at least one tank. It's not as bad as Karkand where 2 armor pieces can rub against each other for infinite health. Supply boxes are stationary, so if you are getting locked down to one flag, you could always take the underground route.

Cheddarmuff wrote:

2) Consider limiting the jeep's to 1 per flag, will turn into a roadkill fest otherwise. (or put in forklifts everywhere and have forklift wars).
Yeah I'm liking that idea. Too bad there is no way to add SF content.

The current floor plan for the tunnels. The actual structure will be twice as long.

https://www.k4zz.com/temp/smug_tunnel.jpg
[DEI]Bart
fire at will!!!
+76|6683|Leiden, Holland for the n00bs

tF-afrojap wrote:

Cheddarmuff wrote:

Yeah I'm liking that idea. Too bad there is no way to add SF content.
why not making it an SF map then? or since it wont be ranked anyway just make a new vehicle render and copy it from SF?
tF-afrojap
+124|6817|SF
The way I understand it, there is no way to make SF maps at this time. The editor simply doesn't support it. I may have read old news though, because I just came up with this map idea yesterday and have only looked around for a little bit. If you have mapped before for bf2, shoot me a PM. Night vision in the tunnels would be sweeeeet.
Kung Jew
That one mod
+331|6715|Houston, TX
Sounds like a great idea, keep up the good work Afro...

KJ
King_County_Downy
shitfaced
+2,791|6567|Seattle

That's the one thing I truely miss from playing Black Hawk Down (The only other FPS game I've played). Tunnels.

Great idea afrojap. I'd love to play there.
Sober enough to know what I'm doing, drunk enough to really enjoy doing it
JG1567JG
+110|6558|United States of America
I didn't know there was a U.N. building in San Francisco.  I have only heard of the one in NY City

The Map sounds great though

Last edited by JG1567JG (2006-04-20 10:24:50)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard