+27|6732|Gold Coast Aussieland
Bunny Hopping?
Dolphin Diving?
Prone Jumping?
Base Raping?
Metal Pie
linebacker
Base Raping

People all over these forums are complaining about these things, but what do they mean

Last edited by dctcool (2006-04-19 22:03:50)

eagles1106
+269|6584|Marlton, New Jersey.
People wont complain anymore anyway, they all got fucked in the new patch except base raping
mimah
Critically Wounded
+6|6702|A van down by the river!
Bunny Hopping, Dolphin Diving, and Prone Jumping were all ways to bounce repeatedly all over the screen making it more difficult to hit them, the patch fixed these. 

Base raping is where you sit at an enemy point but don't attempt to capture it, you just kill people as they spawn.

Linebacker lines up behind the defensive line or somtimes on the end errr.... WAIT I got it now the are mobile AA vehicles, you know take out planes and helis.

Metal Pie? You got me on this one. Never seen it on these forums, maybe you could help me out with this one.

Hope I cleared up some things for you

Last edited by mimah (2006-04-19 22:20:45)

ReDmAn_ThE_uNiQuE
oh hai :D
+156|6652|The Netherlands
metal pie ehhmmm... maybe it is a pie made of metal. hmmm no. maybe its pkm whoring. or plane whoring. dunno. hmmm I still think its a pie made of metal. yes yes.
BudRell
+2|6838|Home
metal pie...thehehe...also called "my-friend-just-fucked-me-good"-thingie
voltage
+46|6841|Sweden

mimah wrote:

Base raping is where you sit at an enemy point but don't attempt to capture it, you just kill people as they spawn.
I call that spawn-camping. When ppl are talking about baserape they usually mean the uncap.
BlackLegion42
Damn Command and Conquer Generals...
+62|6730|Rochester, NY
Base Raping is also implied the misuse of arty strikes that the commander keep sending shots over at a particular base over and over (usually a non-capped base) or TK intentionally Teammates at a particular base w/ arty.
Batch7
+0|6619
I think metal pie is when somebody mows you down with a vehicle of some type (deer in the headlights scenario). I have tasted this several times.
legodude
+15|6582
me to even from my teammate. i amost mad my in to a metal pie
Janus67
Tech God
+86|6595|Ohio, USA
my guess for a metal pie is a at-mine.
ExtremeSpy506
Code Red Pro Sniper Guy
+45|6639|Olympus Mons, Mars
Prone Jumpimg means you prone while you jump. To Do this, press space, then while you are jumping, press Z.
ExtremeSpy506
Code Red Pro Sniper Guy
and Bunny Hopping is when you hop to avoid being killed by enemy shots.
Batch7
+0|6619
Yep... That makes more sense. I was thinking along the lies of a Humvee Grill Sandwhich.
My_pet_squirrel
Have you seen my nutz?
+126|6620
You forgot the good old noob toob
XstrangerdangerX
conversation is combat
+36|6630|Tasmania
There are still many jumpers in the game. It's a very annoying habit, but I've learned how to deal with it.
Batch7
+0|6619

My_pet_squirrel wrote:

You forgot the good old noob toob
Good point too. I can't wait until I can unlock it, everybody is always talking about it, but I don't see it listed in the upgrades.
Kung Jew
That one mod
+331|6746|Houston, TX
It's already available with any assault kit but the G3 unlock.  The noob tube refers to the undermount grenade launcher.  It's refered to as the noobtube because it is commonly used from 2 to 3 paces away, resulting in a one hit kill and left the wielder alive.

KJ

Last edited by Kung Jew (2006-04-21 10:48:22)

Erwin_Rommel188
+59|6685|Seattle
1.2 sorta nerfed the n00b tube, but it still works.

Last edited by Erwin_Rommel188 (2006-04-21 11:49:10)

Sheep of War
+40|6643
Bunny hoping never really bothered me. I admit that I do it when I don't know where I'm getting shot from, but it never works anyways. I'm suprised there is no complaints about the roll animation. As far as I'm concerned, its the new dolphin diving. Maybe because its not nearly as annoying looking? Its still next to impossible to kill sombody performing the roll animation.
dctcool
+27|6732|Gold Coast Aussieland
Thanks for giving me the info on what I need

though I still don't know what dolphin diving is
ExtremeSpy506
Code Red Pro Sniper Guy
My guess with dolphin diving is jumping of a building or other high places without parachuting.
Elamdri
The New Johnnie Cochran
+134|6647|Peoria

Kung Jew wrote:

It's already available with any assault kit but the G3 unlock.  The noob tube refers to the undermount grenade launcher.  It's refered to as the noobtube because it is commonly used from 2 to 3 paces away, resulting in a one hit kill and left the wielder alive.
Kung, I think he was joking when he wrote that.

Dolphin diving is when you jump up in the air, go prone, hit the ground, and then repeat the process, which makes you look alot like a dolphin leaping out of the water. Its really hard to hit someone when they are doing a dolphin dive. 1.2 fixed it for the most part.
FesterTheMolester
BF2s US Server Admin, IRC>Forums
+157|6640|The Mind Of A Cereal Killer
i dont know,  still see alot of people hopping and diving, t went away for awhile, but now it is back in full force
Elamdri
The New Johnnie Cochran
+134|6647|Peoria
Really, I've seen a huge delcine.
AixiA
+1|6585|Spain
What's the best strategy to shot a bunny jumper?

Last edited by AixiA (2006-04-22 11:50:24)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard