imdead
Death StatPadder
+228|6792|Human Meat Shield
OKay I have actually done my fifth tour of duty with the night maps and I must say the first 4 times it blew because I wasn't used to them and the stupid green shit really deprives the maps beauty and also the night vision you actually have to time right or you might find yourself in a firefight without vision. These maps are all about teamwork. And I think thats what really people don't like them for is the teamwork and they can't see. Night Maps aren't the run-of-the-mill frag fest everyone is used to in Karkand. If you are a flyboy, you will not like them either. But if you are PURE infantry, you will see it at it's fullest.

My first map was NIght FLight. I was really impressed with this one. I figured there would be snipers everywhere like when I first bought it but actually it was like a normal game; but everyone is camo'd. Grappling hooks and zippys get a whole new dimension to this night thing.

I think everyone should try it a couple more times to see what its all about... I was actually impressed.
And to do that I have put our server to "Nights Only" for a little while.

Last edited by imdead (2006-04-19 08:07:41)

GAIKIWARRIOR
Judge Death
+64|6767|PERTH WESTERN AUSTRALIA
yeah im gonna go back to sf soon to get my vet combats, my favs are leviathen perch and gator
pedigreeuk
I'm English, not British!
+113|6794|Rotherham, England
I think i'll give them another chance when i get home now, wasn't 2 keen on them to start with but i'll join you're server later for a quick couple of rounds
+1 for giving me the idea
DrunkFace
Germans did 911
+427|6705|Disaster Free Zone
unfortunatly you wont get many people and thats sad as i totaly agree that the night maps are good. I play on internode which has 2 "day" map and 1 all map rotation servers, and the server with night maps is usually the last one to fill up and even when there are people in it, a night map comes along and 30-50% of people leave making the games too long with not enogh combat.
imdead
Death StatPadder
Yeah, unfortunately I kinda figured the night maps wouldn't fill the first day, but hopefully we can bring it back, I had alot of fun, especially on Night Flight. It brings the game to a whole new level, almost like an expansion/booster . But I'll keep these maps up for a couple days to see what it brings. No one else has a 100% just night map rotation (well one but its only 16 player). Just need to get 10 peeps at the same time
notorious
Nay vee, bay bee.
+1,396|6770|The United Center
i'll put your server in my favorites list.  i love the night maps and recently, they're all i play.

...although, i'll be moving in about a week, so i'm not sure how much playing i'll be able to do.  anyway, i'll try to stop by.
wooly-back-jack
Jihaaaaaad!!!
+84|6763|England
if you dont mind a UK-pinger I'll have a go on your server at the weekend?
imdead
Death StatPadder
Nope don't mind the UK at all!! Since it is a night map and mainly infantry the UK usually pings around 150, and there aren't any aircraft (I think Leviathan has the helo but no one flew it). I don't have the pinger on anyway...
One thing that night maps, is that you have to get used to the 'night vision timer'. I was riding on the quad running peeps over and next thing it was dark and it said 'I was no more'. I guess I ran into the building.. I also found on the Raider on Leviathan I was cruising at Mach3 and found myself at the wrong turn and I was floating in the water...So it can be really interesting!! I just wish they made the Night Flight map to a daytime one also, that map is the shizzle!! Well set up imho!
ReDmAn_ThE_uNiQuE
oh hai :D
+156|6675|The Netherlands
night maps kicks@ss. but there is hardly any server only playing it.
imdead
Death StatPadder

ReDmAn_ThE_uNiQuE wrote:

night maps kicks@ss. but there is hardly any server only playing it.
Umm...Im hosting one right now...+1 for all the folks that Like Night Maps.
[ser]23
+6|6606
hey guys,

this is my first post here and i am german so my english is not very well. hope its not to hard to read and understand for you:)

i love to play night maps and i dont know why so many people dont like to play it! i will add your server to my favourits and i tell my squad to do it too. we are 3 - 5 guys playing together most the time. and we all love night maps...

but i am not at home the next 4 days, so i hope you will run night maps only the next week too!

i dont think you will have problems to get your night maps only server full...cause there are many guys like me...but i think you have to run the server long enough so enough guys know it...

i will post it in our german bf2 forum to populate it more:D

c u at n8 maps only
imdead
Death StatPadder
Okay... will do... I will keep them up for awhile to see if it fills, Like I said there is only ONE other that does the 24/7 and its only a 16 player, this one is a 32. (64 player map is too much..maybe) I really enjoyed Night FLight!! But when the server I was playing on switched to Ghost Town I quit.. That's what made me decide to put Night Maps only. I will leave up for you guys.
[ser]23
+6|6606
but 64 size and 32 players is cool too...is it possible to play the first 3 night maps at 32 size and then switch to 64 size?
Cbass
Kick His Ass!
+371|6718|Howell, Mi USA
First SF map i played was Devil's Perch and i love it. Night vision makes it more interesting when u gotta keep switching on n off around lights. +1 for night map fan!
https://bf3s.com/sigs/bb53a522780eff5b30ba3252d44932cc2f5b8c4f.png
imdead
Death StatPadder

[ser]23 wrote:

but 64 size and 32 players is cool too...is it possible to play the first 3 night maps at 32 size and then switch to 64 size?
SO far I have all night maps at 64. I am open to suggestions. If you want 64, then 32 ( I personally don't know the difference minus one flag) then I can do..IF you want only Night Flight ,  I definately can do..I will see how it goes for a couple weeks ( maybe 3).. This weekend will be full out green screen!!
[ser]23
+6|6606
i like to play maps at 64! but if somebody want to play 32, its no problem for me. but i prefer 64!!!

i tell it to all my friends of bf2, so i hope we will have some success! but server wich play all maps ( day and night ) are cool too! i hate server which play only day maps.......

another option could be to run the 3 night maps and warlord and gost town too! this would be a nice circle of maps! so i never must look for an other server!!!!!!!
imdead
Death StatPadder
ahah...good idea, it gives a break from the 'GREEN' Might consider that.
[ser]23
+6|6606
cause most sf player like warlord and gost town very much! i do too ;D

2 minutes ago i postet in the german forum your server ip and i hope i can populate it a lot

i need to know in which timezone this server is working. cause i want to tell the german players at which time they should join. please tell it to me...

in germany it is now 11.26 a.m. friday

Last edited by [ser]23 (2006-04-21 02:25:52)

imdead
Death StatPadder

[ser]23 wrote:

cause most sf player like warlord and gost town very much! i do too ;D

2 minutes ago i postet in the german forum your server ip and i hope i can populate it a lot

i need to know in which timezone this server is working. cause i want to tell the german players at which time they should join. please tell it to me...

in germany it is now 11.26 a.m. friday
Haha, anytime! It will be up for 2 weeks...if no one joins, It will be moved to Smokescreen/Great Wall.
[ser]23
+6|6606
what time is it at your country now?
imdead
Death StatPadder
It's 3 am here, but don't want to flood these forums so I'll PM you the info
wooly-back-jack
Jihaaaaaad!!!
+84|6763|England
2 of us on there now, need 8 more for a game
go go go?
imdead
Death StatPadder
Yeah, it might take awhile, since I am at work, but for some its not the weekend.   I forgot to idle my account, sorry. Like I said its a change of pace. If it doesn't go then we will nix that server and put a 64 player.
wooly-back-jack
Jihaaaaaad!!!
+84|6763|England
gah, well me and dogface tried to get it going... 3 others connected but at different times.
imdead
Death StatPadder
thanks...for trying.. I think it will load up prolly Sat or Sun.. at least that's what I hope..did a search for night maps and we are the only one..odd...you think we should keep this up for awhile??

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard