beeng
Get C4, here!
+66|6757

"HOLYCRAP" I said after I drove directly over a mine in a chinese jeep.  I've never seen this happen in bf2 before, so I guess it must be something added in 1.03.  I know you could do it in 1942 and V in jeeps, as the explosion blew up after you drove over it... but this is the first time in bf2.
or maybe it was lag, i duno.  t'was cool though ;D
Stoned_Smurfz
The Mushroom Man
+1|6817|Australia
actually anyone can drive over your mines kind of. just like driving over people if your wheels dont touch it nothing happens. shits me to tears when some lucky bastard manages to do that.
beeng
Get C4, here!
+66|6757

Stoned_Smurfz wrote:

actually anyone can drive over your mines kind of. just like driving over people if your wheels dont touch it nothing happens. shits me to tears when some lucky bastard manages to do that.
yeah but the odd thing is is that it blew up and damaged the vehicle, but didnt kill me.  And if a vehicle's wheels dont touch it will still sexplode.. like if you drive directly over it with the mine between the wheels...
Ravlen
+0|6751
Yup, I watched someone drive over a mine just this morning. I was cringing as he approached it... it blew up... and he lived. I was an engineer and ran over and started repairing his APC... It was pretty low, but not in the red (I don't think). It *definitely* was him driving over it that blew it up, and it definitely damaged him...

Ravlen
tF-afrojap
+124|6817|SF
The explosive damage is funky sometimes. I see this happen with claymores once in a while. Once I blew one up in my face on a local server but took absolutely no damage. (FF was on of course)

Then the opposite happens. Yesterday I was in a T-90 rollin down a street. I see an enemy mine so I drive around it.. then an idiot vodnik runs up, blows the mine which promptly blows me up as well.. I was about 4-5 feet from that mine..
beeng
Get C4, here!
+66|6757

tF-afrojap wrote:

Then the opposite happens. Yesterday I was in a T-90 rollin down a street. I see an enemy mine so I drive around it.. then an idiot vodnik runs up, blows the mine which promptly blows me up as well.. I was about 4-5 feet from that mine..
I've had that happen to me!!!  on the old system my "friend" got a TK :p
So I guess it's true, the mines HAVE been changed
McCullough
+7|6809
I drove over three mines in a row one time with the small buggy thing. I was like: I'm alive I'M ALIVE. And a few seconds later someone drove me over.

Last edited by McCullough (2005-10-05 12:53:59)

^ISK^Chainsaw
+0|6815
Last night I was on kirkland heading from MEC side through the water in a jeep. I was in the water and saw a red flash I was like wtf took me out pretty good but was still going, then the 2nd red flash came and pow dead. So it actually took 2 mines to take it out
Double-0-Kills
+1|6813
don't know if you could do this before - but u can now take out mines and claymores (haven't tried it with C4) by nading them so that you can get past them w/ no damage.  (not exactly stealthy though).

I appreciate that though - now my moron teamates that will mine ever entrance to a flag can have their work undone by non engis.
Raxor
Enemy Boat Spotted
+17|6815|United Kingdom
but if anyone can get rid of mines, they are rendered even more useless than before
Way to nerf the engi class yet again

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard