fizz85
+1|6793|Voice of reason
What's up guys,

I have  a problem here and I want to see if it is common or not. I am trying to get the VET SPEC OPS. I have gotten 22 Kills IAR and 20 the next time on different maps and servers.  Still no badge. I recieved my VET Commander with no problems.

I wonder if they changed the the kill properties. I remember b4 the patch if I was in a tank and got 10 kills as sniper I received the sniper badge. 

This time I tried it both ways the 22 was in a tank and my 20 was dismounted for like 15 (combo c4/gun etc...) and I ran over some people for the other 5. Still Badge.

Just wondering if you guys have any insight. BTW I do have the time as SPEC OPS. I have no issue with the changes. So it is either a server problem or changes to the kill properties and how they are assigned to the vehicle or the person.

Anthony
beeng
Get C4, here!
+66|6790

Yeah I think you need to be dismounted now... as I tried to get my medic badge in a tank, no work, then switched servers and tried it dismounted.  It could have just been the server, who knows, but I have an inkling that they changed it so you need to be dismountified.  [funny thing though, I got my engineer badge while -in- a tank. hmm.]

Last edited by beeng (2005-10-05 07:54:27)

fizz85
+1|6793|Voice of reason
Hey beeng,

Did you get your Good Conduct Ribbon in a match or did it just show up?
beeng
Get C4, here!
+66|6790

fizz85 wrote:

Hey beeng,

Did you get your Good Conduct Ribbon in a match or did it just show up?
in a match.  only awards that don't show up (as far as i know) are the mideast and fareast ribbons.
fizz85
+1|6793|Voice of reason
Wierd cuz I got 14+ kills with no team damage etc... earlier and it did not pop up.  Maybe the servers are overloaded.  I think instead of getting frustrated I will wait a few days for the servers to cool off then have at it again.
Hanism
+0|6809
I tried to get the Assualt Vet badge in a tank. Didn't get it. (22 kills)
I tried with a the noob tube. Didn't get it either. (29 kills)
Same with the medic in the tank.

HOWEVER, I got the vet badge in the tank as a Engineer! What the fuck?
fizz85
+1|6793|Voice of reason
I think that the servers are screwed and will be for a while. For the next week or so I will only play on official EA servers. If after a fews tries that doen't work I will take a vaction from BF2 to let it work itself out.
Ryan_Mercury
"It's Recharging!"
+19|6824
Same here, I thought ubar was wrong because I got kills as a medic with tank/apc and m16, so I thought maybe I have to do it all on foot, no luck.

But then I was playing today on some server and I got it (same as above), so it might have been the server but the requirements seem to be correct, maybe theres a certain team score too, dunno, but as mentioned above the servers are probably all like, "wtf?"
McCullough
+7|6842
I got the vet AT badge while commanding.
fizz85
+1|6793|Voice of reason
Yea.. I just played on an offical server and it worked out for my VET SF badge.
Apocalypse416
The Sexiest Apocalypse
+55|6822
I got my Vet Sniper in a Helicopter, Vet Medic in an Airplane, and Spec Ops I got on foot. So I dont really know how it works, but you should be able to get it in a vehicle.
beeng
Get C4, here!
+66|6790

Yeah I've determined that some servers are borked.  Some servers won't give you the badge no matter what you do; so if you've got the requirements and you don't have it yet try a different server.
|-HH-|.Kevlar
+0|6782
I had the same problem... I got Veteran Engineer using the T-90 in Karkand. Got Veteran Medic using the MiG on Kubra Dam (same server as engineer). I tryed to get Expert in Karkand, using the APC.... Killed 40 while medic the whole time and no Expert for me! SUcKsssssssssss

Last edited by |-HH-|.Kevlar (2005-10-06 13:49:36)

[TSC]Sneak
+0|6786
I got my Vet Spec-Ops after the patch with 20kills in tank/on foot.
Only one I have got though
fizz85
+1|6793|Voice of reason
It has all worked out fine for me.... I am trying ot get those ten repair points... just ahve to find the right server at the right time. VET ASSUALT is next for me just need more time as that kit type.
lowyaukee
+2|6838
I think some of the servers suck.  I played at EAPlay.com 2 days ago and got the Veteran Engineer Badge with in-game message.  However, it never appears at BFHQ.  It is sometime frustrating.......   
fizz85
+1|6793|Voice of reason
I have stayed on EA Official/trinity/MAfia servers. All were slow except Trinity as soon as I got a ribbon or badge in game I checked back to BFHQ and I was ther within 1 minute of on screen message. Mafia updates every hour on the hour. That one had me scared for awhile but it all came through. EA is in its own world updates randomly.

Hope this helps
Olpol
+0|6781
Actually, I got my vet specops in the gunner seat of an attack chopper today so technically it should be possible to get all of the badges in vehicles still - although I'm not sure if it's ALL vehicles.
I'm fairly sure you can't in tanks or jets because if you could, I would have gotten a couple extra today.
Faith +1
+1|6818|Arizona
What I dont get is how you arent supposed to get punished for Arti but I did last night commanding.

Not only that I know for a fact I have gunned in different servers (ranked) on a cobra and :-( nothing.

Must Find EA server.

Thanks for the tips guys I really want my Vet badges in the 2 kits I have played enough hours in... And I need to start using the other kits when flying cuz I loveeee flying lol!
gef.SunDoWneR
+0|6781|Hamburg - germany
Hi, ... i was going for the Expert Anti Tank (100h of playtime with AT; 40 kills in a round). I have 105h of playing AT, played shaqi penisula and made 55 frags -> No Expert Badge . That suxXx !!! Maybe server-error or UBAR is wrong with the expert badges (for AT). After the patch i made my Veteran AT, Assault, Medic and SpecOps Badge also playing with Tank or APC/MTW.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard