lowing
Banned
+1,662|6684|USA

xXSarnathXx wrote:

lowing wrote:

xXSarnathXx wrote:

also, it doesnt make sense that victims should be allowed to get their revenge on the offenders. i mean if someone nicks my car and i want him dead would the state kill him then?

where do u draw the point between neutral justice and the victims surrounding need for revenge? revenge doesnt belong in the justice department, it should all be about justice.
I think you are taking what I said a little too close to the edge. There is a big difference between wanting to execute a person for a door ding and for raping, murdering and eating your kid. What is wrong with an eye for an eye?

I think DNA is pretty conclusive isn't it? It is exonerating people now, I assume it can also slam the books on them to.

I thought I was gunna be sick hearing the interview of the father of Nick Berg ( the first video beheading by Zarqawi). Upon learning of of Zarqawi's death he was disturbed that he was killed. It was a waste of a life and all that shit according to him.
eye for an eye does not work, that only leads to  a spiral of death, lets say i murder u, then ur bro comes takin me down, then my bro etc etc etc etc etc etc. spiral of violence that doesnt work in this enligtened world we live in today. there are better ways to go about this.

also what i said, i know is takin ur argument close to the edge, but honestly, where do u draw the line?

I mean people are different. im quite sure there is someone out there caring more for ....say books than for his family. im certain some people would be more devastated over things that we, the rest of the society does not rate as such a high loss. how do we extract justice for them?
I can see your point, but you are talking on a level much higher than I. I am talking on a very personal level. A singular level between victim or their family and the criminal. I am not trying to say that capital punishment is the solution to all of the criminal justice problems in our country. I am merely pointing out that anyone that commits a crime like this deserves to die a horrible death and the family should have first dibs at pulling the trigger on his sorry ass. Some people, do not deserve to live.

I will grant you that any death sentence that is to be carried out should be a 100% iron clad guilty case. I also will bow to the fact that there are innocent men that have been put to death. As a nation however, we are striving to prevent such occurrences and not just dismissing them as just a statistic. Hence the 20 year appeals process.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6684|USA
Ok if we removed all doubt as to the guilt or innocence of such a person..........Can we kill him then????
xXSarnathXx
Decepticons forever!
+25|6641|Sweden
im quite sure that i to would feel the very same rage if one of my loved ones would be the victim of murder but its not right to debate from that view. one needs to even if it seems harsh think in a bigger view, think cold.

also another reason why to put death penalties down is as many of u has stressed. no system in the world is 100% accurate, there is no way to guarantee that an innocent wont be harmed.

a system like that is, to me unimaginable and i would rather have several major offenders put behind bars than have one single innocent man or woman put to death because of the system.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6684|USA

xXSarnathXx wrote:

im quite sure that i to would feel the very same rage if one of my loved ones would be the victim of murder but its not right to debate from that view. one needs to even if it seems harsh think in a bigger view, think cold.

also another reason why to put death penalties down is as many of u has stressed. no system in the world is 100% accurate, there is no way to guarantee that an innocent wont be harmed.

a system like that is, to me unimaginable and i would rather have several major offenders put behind bars than have one single innocent man or woman put to death because of the system.
Again, I see what you are saying, but, I think it is EXACTLY right to debate this from that very view point because THAT is what we are talking about, not some 2D piece of paper written by a lawyer but, in fact, that very raw emotion that goes along with losing a loved one under such circumstances.
K8Kommunist
+26|6600
No, the emotions of the victim's family should not factor into the punishment of the suspected criminal. Sorry.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6684|USA

K8Kommunist wrote:

No, the emotions of the victim's family should not factor into the punishment of the suspected criminal. Sorry.
Ahhhhhhhh if only we were all emotionless robots.
cpt.fass1
The Cap'n Can Make it Hap'n
+329|6729|NJ

lowing wrote:

cpt.fass1 wrote:

lowing wrote:

First off.........You obviously never had a kid, and if you had and you don't feel the same way, then you are bigger apologist than I could have ever imagined and  quite pathetic.

Second......I am talking about raw emotion that any parent would feel. ( almost every parent, you obviously would forgive and try to rehabilitate him, maybe even adopt him as your replacement son)

Third.........Sad how you would think it is funny, since this issue is something that some people have to come to grips with almost every day.
Lowing I myself do not have children but an honest question would you like to take the task of killing the person yourself?? Because in a case like this I would like to, call me an asshole or whatever you want but you take from me  I want to take back
Hey Cat.fass1, ya might wanna re-read the posts.......You and I are in full agreement.......But to answer your question........yes.......I would wanna throw the switch myself.
Nope I know we have the same opion, I would like the option myself to decide what would happen to the person if all possibilities of doubt were removed. I was posting the asshole comment for other people who would read that.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6684|USA

cpt.fass1 wrote:

lowing wrote:

cpt.fass1 wrote:

Lowing I myself do not have children but an honest question would you like to take the task of killing the person yourself?? Because in a case like this I would like to, call me an asshole or whatever you want but you take from me  I want to take back
Hey Cat.fass1, ya might wanna re-read the posts.......You and I are in full agreement.......But to answer your question........yes.......I would wanna throw the switch myself.
Nope I know we have the same opion, I would like the option myself to decide what would happen to the person if all possibilities of doubt were removed. I was posting the asshole comment for other people who would read that.
Got it, I re-read it and I see your intent now, sorry.
cpt.fass1
The Cap'n Can Make it Hap'n
+329|6729|NJ
The funny thing was I was really drunk when I typed that, and it's probably the best spelled thing I've ever done. Just the puntation is off
<[onex]>Headstone
+102|6735|New York

mofo65 wrote:

lowing wrote:

http://www.cnn.com/2006/US/04/15/ok.missinggirl/index.html

i would like to hear your arguement against capital punishment, after reading this.

I for one, look at capital punishment as justice more than a deterrent. If it deterrs even one crime fine. But I support it as justice for the victims and/or their families.

Your thoughts?
Instant death is luxury he shouldn't get. He should be tied to a tree, have holes drilled into him with (not to the extent of death) pour honey poured all over him and let fire ants and buzzards eat him alive.

Just my thoughts.
If that were only true, But be realistic, he will get 3 free meals a day, Lift weights, Screw bubba a few times a week, Get Smokes and drugs, And get to watch Cable and DVD's. Be real, theres Only a couple prisons in the US that would actually punish the guy, But the likelyhood he gets sent there are about 1000/1.

Sorry first hand experiance Talking(not me but a relative since removed).
K8Kommunist
+26|6600

lowing wrote:

K8Kommunist wrote:

Ahhhhhhhh if only we were all emotionless robots.
Whether or not you have emotions is irrelevant, what is important is that the justice system dosen't give a shit.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard