chuyskywalker
Admin
+2,439|6849|"Frisco"

UPDATE

As best I can tell, EA has addressed this problem on their end. As of a day or so ago, players profiles who had previously earned the higher badges, but not the lower are now showing the lower badge as well.

Additionally, the lower badge has the same "Earned Date" on them.

However, it also may look that you will not earn the "second tier" of rank untill unless you have not already gotten it. Er, what I mean to say is a Master Sergeant WILL NOT get the rank of First Sergeant, but upon hitting 50,000 points you will be awarded the rank of Sergeant Major.

For those of you already stuck at Master Gunnery Sergeant, I am not sure anything can be done without another patch from EA.
Mabec
Re-Member-Me
+6|6833
iam in the same problem... where do i send my mailbombs to EA??

and i have another question aswell: why do EA want to get so much hatted!?
addict10n
+1|6779
In response to the websites not showing all badges, here is another site that shows your basic right next to your veteran (If you have it).

http://bf2stats.nsvr.info/

feel free to look up addict10n and verify
NM156
The H4xor Mod
+161|6848|North Texas

addict10n wrote:

feel free to look up addict10n and verify
I already did. I have a private stats server for my group. The reason it's private, is because we don't have the bandwidth, nor do I want to abuse the stats server. My version of the stats page, shows every award. Which is why it was easy for me to understand what was going on. We've got a few guys that are in the same boat as you...

Last edited by NM156 (2005-10-09 11:13:24)

77th|1st Lt. Werstein
+1|6812|Virginia, USA
i think EA noticed this and fixed the prob...cause now...on the sig that i get with this site, there is the Basic Pistiol Badge showing up on it
Ryan_Mercury
"It's Recharging!"
+19|6821
After like a week EA finally responded with this:

EA wrote:

Response (Alex I.) 10/09/2005 01:26 PM 
Greetings,

Thank you for contacting Electronic Arts.

Thank you for the information.  I am unaware of that currently being an error, however it will be forwarded onto to the Testing teams for investigation.

If you have any further questions or concerns, feel free to reply to this email. Our Quality Service Representatives are available Monday-Friday 8:00 am to 5:00pm PST.
Thank you,
EA.Com The Place to Play
Go figure.
US|dirtysouth
purple sticky punch
+0|6815|englewood FL.
wow they sure do tell ya alot huh
chuyskywalker
Admin
+2,439|6849|"Frisco"

EA wrote:

Thank you for the information.  I am unaware of that currently being an error, however it will be forwarded onto to the Testing teams for investigation.
It's like they live in a cave separated from any sort of community. I mean, not like there is over 300 posts about this "issues" on these forums. Sigh.
LOGAN
+0|6779

chuyskywalker wrote:

UPDATE

As best I can tell, EA has addressed this problem on their end. As of a day or so ago, players profiles who had previously earned the higher badges, but not the lower are now showing the lower badge as well.

Additionally, the lower badge has the same "Earned Date" on them.

However, it also may look that you will not earn the "second tier" of rank untill unless you have not already gotten it. Er, what I mean to say is a Master Sergeant WILL NOT get the rank of First Sergeant, but upon hitting 50,000 points you will be awarded the rank of Sergeant Major.

For those of you already stuck at Master Gunnery Sergeant, I am not sure anything can be done without another patch from EA.
thanks for the update, not exactly the news i was hoping for but its better than not knowing at all.
LMS-EliteSF
+0|6776
I am also experiencing this Master Sgt. ---> to 1St Sgt. problem. I got the vetern knife fisrt...then got the basic knife a few days later. I had this when I got promoted to Master Sgt. , but no 1st.Sgt.  The Master Sgt and Master Gunnery Sgt are the ranks that you get if you dont have the basic badges.  This glitch must get fixed or we may not receive certain badges and medals. I am also not seeing the experience bar`s progress either. YES, this is rather disturbing to see EA messed up. Think we will see all the Marine Officer Ranks get added too?? Oh well, back to gaming.....lol

Last edited by LMS-EliteSF (2005-10-09 22:27:05)

Nikola Bathory
Karkand T-90 0wnage
+163|6787|Bulgaria
hm, I can only hope that I will not remain Gunnery Sergeant forever...  I just want Master Sergeant! Do I need anything special for it?? My progress bar is not moving!
Slickdawg8
Visit TAW.NET
+58|6779|Long Island
I am having this same damn issue, and it's pissing me off.  From what I know, you will simply have to wait for 50,000 points, skipping first sergeant and moving on to master gunnery.

I sure love EA
godzilla
+0|6780

chuyskywalker wrote:

Ok, ok! But what is about the problem with the not moving progress bar? When will this be fixed and is EA also aware of this bug?

And besides: Will anybody be promoted when he reaches 50,000 points without the incident "100% of next rank reached"? I cant imagine that the database will be updated - even with 50,000 points - when this incident is missing in their database. I think that a promotion will depend on two entrees in the database on the account server:

1. Reched the points for promotion

+ (!)

2. Event "100% of progress bar reached"!

And when one is missing - in this case the progress bar - there will be no promotion! That´s what I´m feared about!
|KOF|truculent
+0|6778
I can live with being stuck at master gunnery sgt. till 50,000 pts but would like to see a patch to fix the problem. Mabee include a new vehicle like little bird or something to make others who dont have this prob get something out of it. Just a thought.

Last edited by |KOF|truculent (2005-10-10 15:22:29)

MattCicioni
+1|6830|Arizona
I guess I can live with not getting promoted until I reach 50,000 points.  Seems like such a shame.  If I don't get promoted at 50,000 points, I'll be pised.  I've become addicted to badges, ribbons and medals.  Someone please post if you hit the 50,000 mark and have this same problem.  I would like to know if it does work.
-Matt Cicioni

https://bf2s.com/player/44224863/sig.png
https://bf2s.com/player/44224863/sig5.png
https://bf2s.com/player/44224863/awards.jpg
ud bslapper
+0|6778
yeah im same boat as you Dude, 39k all badges mostly veteran now but still No rank upgrade ALSO not getting my commander badges  wierd
addict10n
+1|6779

MattCicioni wrote:

I've become addicted to badges, ribbons and medals.
Same here, but that basic air defense badge is kicking my ass

Last edited by addict10n (2005-10-10 18:34:36)

LOGAN
+0|6779

addict10n wrote:

MattCicioni wrote:

I've become addicted to badges, ribbons and medals.
same here, SAMs are still usless, its amazing how theyll vear out of the way of their target at the second regardless of a solid lock on. ive given up for now.
dshak
+4|6814
I dont understand the confusion... I mean, I do about those of you who had all the badges when you were first promoted and somehow someway didn't get first seargent... but if you are a master seargent and you THEN complete all the badges you shouldn't be promoted to first seargent!?! They're parallel ranks. The promotion occures only from Gunny to either master or first... parallel ranks. The whole point is you need those badges BEFORE your promotion from gunny.

However, I do see the gripe if you have a vet badge for something and that hangs you up. that is crap.
ud bslapper
+0|6778
crap crap crap
dshak
+4|6814
I don't know that too many people can complain about this, the patch didn't change that at all (the parallel ranks and difference in earning the two)... it was like that before.

The only thing I can see that could be a point of frustration might be that witht he patch everyone got promoted WAY faster than they expected before, which meant all that time they thought they had to get the badges they needed flew by.

I can't complain anyway, because I'll probably never get the knife or pistol badge. Don't feel like playing a knife or pistol only server and I enjoy the game way to much to spend a round running around with just those two weapons, probably destroying my already shaky kill to death ratio.

I'm only missing three badges, those two and the explosives badge. I find all three exhausting!
tr1ce
+0|6781|St. Aug, FL
Kill infantry with the moble AA and you'll get it easy.
MattCicioni
+1|6830|Arizona

tr1ce wrote:

I never thought of that, thanks for the tip.
-Matt

MattCicioni
+1|6830|Arizona
Does anyone know why if there is any kind of order for the SIG codes?  Like my ribbons and badges and medals are not grouped all together?  Are they posted as they are earned?  Or how does it work?  My SIG looks totally different from the guy above me? 

Shouldn't all the same type of awards show up together?

-Matt

LOGAN
+0|6779

tr1ce wrote:

ive thought about that but no good map for doing it presents itself, do you have a suggestion? sharqi comes to mind.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard