[AWE]Chump
+0|6780
Your BFHQ bar isn't moving because you filled the points requirement to get First Sergeant.  Now it will be a waiting game to see if EA will fix this or if we will even be able to get promoted to Master Gunnery Sergeant!
[TSC]Sneak
+0|6783
IF you are already a Master Sergeant, you can not become a First Sergeant as you require Gunnery Sergeant + badges to become a First Sergeant.
Only way forward for Master Sergeant is Master Gunnery Sergeant or Sergeant Major at 50,000 points

As for no progress bar as Master Sergeant, that's a bit screwy and EA need to sort that, ASAP.

I've only got 8.9k global points, so gonna work on my missing basic badges before hitting 20k and see what happens
LOGAN
+0|6778
same problems here everybody else is having, no progress in my progress bar 27000 into master sgt, got my vet knife before basic, next rank says master gunnery, its good to know im not alone though. hopefully theyll release another "hot" fix for this sometime soon.

Last edited by LOGAN (2005-10-06 17:08:32)

Ravlen
+0|6781
Actually, EA/Dice sorta made an attempt at fixing this for future people, I think. If you check the stats, the basic Pistol badge went down from 7 kills to 5 kills.

So, if you have over 50 kills with pistol, and neither badge, you'll get basic on the 5th kill, then vet on the 7th kill. Sadly, they didn't do this with knife, because it is *much* harder to get 7 knife kills in one round, IMHO. It would have made a bit more sense to have *both* basic badges at 5 kills, and veteran at 7 kills. Then you could get both in a single round, at separate moments.

Ravlen
tr1ce
+0|6780|St. Aug, FL
So basically I can still be promoted, but only to Master Gunnery Sergeant.  I won't get promoted to Sergeant Major just because I don't have the basic pistol, and you won't be able to go from Master Gunnery to Sergeant Major apparently.
benne
+0|6841|Minnesota
how the hell can you get a veteran badge before a basic?! WTF
tF-voodoochild
Pew Pew!
+216|6848|San Francisco

benne wrote:

how the hell can you get a veteran badge before a basic?! WTF
You don't, technically you get them both at the same time, however the problem is that it seems that ranked servers only report the vet badge when this happens in a single round.
Maj.AZZoLE
+0|6778
I too am stuck on master sergeant, and my progress meter isnt movin, lol am i doomed to be a master sergeant for ever...........how lame. Does any one have EA email to get this fixed??

Last edited by Maj.AZZoLE (2005-10-06 19:45:11)

addict10n
+1|6778
Same problem here, veteran knife and veteral pistol at the same time.

Im calling my lawyer. rofl

Last edited by addict10n (2005-10-06 20:19:25)

beeng
Get C4, here!
+66|6787

as i've said before in -other- topics (which you should have found), you need to do the requirements again, and it will most likely give you your basic badge.  that's how i got mine, i got my silver first then the second time i killed 7 people (or whatever) i got the bronze badge.
LOGAN
+0|6778
okay ill try that and see if it works for me beeng.
maddogjj
+3|6832|U S A
So whats all the hub bub about First Sergeant?? They are both the same rank E-8 in the real world if you have two Marines, one works in aviation field (example) and the other has spent all his time in infantry (example) the first will promote to E-8 Master Sergeant and the second to E-8 First Sergeant.  A First Sergeant doesnt out rank a Master Sergeant.  Please let me know what everyone is getting so excited about?
Fallen_Hero
+0|6778
I have all badges except for basic ordinance and was promoted to First Sergeant....not that I haven't TRIED to get the badge it's just that I am not a sit and wait on the enemy to come to me kinda guy. I like to go looking for the fight! And best I can tell my progress bar is moving up fine....56% towards the next rank. My biggest beef is I busted my butt to get my first 3 unlocks and now EA is handing them out like lollypops at the bank.....grrrr. Yeah, I got 3 more now but still I feel used.
Gilgalad
Renaissance Soldier
+2|6778|Minneapolis, Minnesota, USA
I had an interesting experience with this issue as well.

I had "skipped" the basic pistol badge like many others, and with the recent promotions reached Master Sergeant within minutes of playing with the new patch.  I had all the other basic badges, so that is the only one that could have been an issue for my case.  After several hours without recieving the First Sergeant promotion, I tried getting pistol kills, and heard the drumroll and saw the badge on screen (quite satifying really ).

Officially, I still don't have the basic pistol badge, but when I reached 50k points I got the Sergeant Major promotion instead of Master Gunnery Sergeant.

So there is hope for those of you who seem unable to get First Sergeant.

Last edited by Gilgalad (2005-10-07 01:37:12)

[DVDF]Nasty
+0|6778

Ryan_Mercury wrote:

I believe the reason why people who have met the new requirements for 1ST Sergeant (Including myself) is due to an error on EA's part. This was also present before the patch, it's just never been this widespread because until the patch, there were no 1st Sergeants to begin with to run into it.

1.) The current requirements state that you need 20,000 Global Points + Basic Knife, Basic Pistol + Basic Kit Badges.

2.) This seems to be true, however, you may not be awarded the *special* 1st Sergeant Rank if you do not meet those requirements, and instead, will be awarded Master Sergeant.

This seems to happen because of the following, if you've ever received one of the Vetran Badges before obtaining the Basic version first. For example, let's say you accumulated 50 Global Pistol Kills, but you've never beforehand received the Basic Pistol (7 kills in a round), then one day you do meet the requirements. You will be awarded the Vetran Badge along with the Basic just prior.

When this occurs it seems as though the stats server never records the fact you got the basic too in this double award occurence. Afterwards you can go back and get the basic again, and again, and again, and it never gets recorded.

The ranking part doesn't check if you have the vetran or not when determaining 1st Sergeant requirements, so 'technically' the server thinks you have not met the requirements.

Of note below, someone has claimed he HAS received all the basics first, and no vetran badges, yet he too, has not gotten 1st Sergeant, which isn't verified yet because I couldn't check his stats at the time.

So, best thing to do now is too flood EA with complaints.

Theoretically speaking too, those of us with this problem probably wont get the Sergeant Major or Sergeant Major of the Corps ranks either, or any awards for that matter that require us to have a 'basic' badge beforehand, even if we gotten the vetran/expert versions.

[url=http://img50.imageshack.us/my.php?image=screen0058rb.jpg][url]http://img50.imageshack.us/img50/9192/screen0058rb.th.jpg[/url][/url]
Ok i,m getting the same problem but not caused by the veteren thing.

I was promoted to master sarg (had 25k when the patch came out) but didnt have pistol/knife basic badges.  So after lots of hassle and getting killed i get my two badges.................but no first sarg ???

At this piont i had no veteren badges at all (now have assualt).

I,m thinking that cos i didnt have the badges when promoted it put me in the master sarg/master gunnery  slot and that first sargent and sargent major will be unobtainable.

Either that or EA have messed it up again

It is a bit of a concern that my promotion bar isnt going up though :0
=[4th]=SlayThem
Destroy Noob Cannons
+96|6834

Ryan_Mercury wrote:

I wonder if you have to have all basics prior to Master Sergeant, has any 1st Sergeant ever been a MSGT then promoted to 1st?
My friend has. he was msgt and was missing a few basic badges and then got the badges and went up to first.

I just got my Basic Pistol ( it awarded it to me in game even after I have my veteran..) so I SHOULD have my first sergeant, but don't
I'm complaining to EA.. they need to throw out a patch for this.. it shouldn't take that long.
ud bslapper
+0|6778
Hey GUys im the same
Have 40 k in points  all basic and after NEW patch a heap of vetran badges during the last couple of days but im still stuck on Master Sargent, Also i have 13k in commander points and still have only the basic badge.
EA should have decressed rank critera to a less effect as some people dont deserve rank or weapon unlocks, To be Honest  makes it a lot less to play for whn u know lesser have the same rank and weapons There Should be  Reward for Good play
godzilla
+0|6779

maddogjj wrote:

Please let me know what everyone is getting so excited about?
I can tell you: Because of this rank it seems that your progress bar in the BFHQ is not increasing anymore when you hit "only" Master Sergeant. So officially you cant be promoted to a higher rank because the bar will never reach 100% at BFHQ. Thats the problem and why all Master Sergeants are concerned about...included myself.

EA/dice has to fix this as fast as possible because I have no motivation to play this game further on when I never will get promoted regardless of which amout of points I gain!

Another point I am also complaining about:

The patch did not correct f. eg. the bug/glitch in Dragon Valley. You can still get under the surface at harbour and make spawn kills through walls but no one can kill you. This really could not had been so hard for EA/dice to fix!
Even the "teamcolour bug" seems not to be corrected. Yesterday a teammate complained about killing one of the team whose name was indicated red! If this is true EA/dice also did not made a good work with this "patch"!
Rakasan
+7|6837|California, USA
I have >50K global points with all badges, but no Sergeant Major or even 1st Sgt.  I'll wait til later tonight to see if it changes.  If not, oh well.  It's not like medals or rank prove anything anyways.

Last edited by Rakasan (2005-10-07 05:06:31)

CMDR_Dave
Redneck
+66|6842|Missoula, MT

Rakasan wrote:

It's not like medals or rank prove anything anyways.
With respect, I must disagree with "they don't prove anything".  They prove you met the requirements in-game to get them.  The only medal I'm purposely not trying for is Purple Heart.  I'd say not getting that medal would prove something as well.  But if you meant something like it doesn't prove whether players have teamwork skills, leadership skills, etc... then I'd agree with you completely.  In all other aspects of the game, the medals do not prove anything really.  Do I make sense here? 
[SWAM]RobbieE
+0|6788
Hi all, I guess the problem is NOT the veteran badge, but that you just had to much points. Why am I so sure about this, today I got my basic badge! Did not go up even when I have 32000 + points and al basic badges. I all got them in good order, I did not "skip" any badges and I am also not promoted. Do make sure you have all basic which are needed BEFORE you get 20.000 points.

Last edited by [SWAM]RobbieE (2005-10-07 05:26:43)

Ryan_Mercury
"It's Recharging!"
+19|6821
Well getting the basic again will always happen, even on officia EA servers it happens. A good way to "SEE" the badges you actually have are @ www.battlefield2.nl. Their stats show the basic and vetrans next to eachother so it's proof that it isnt technically recorded by any server. I wish their was a way to have EA just delete the vetran badge.

Ill get over the fact Im not a 1st sergeant, but I aint honestly gonna play as much until I know for sure I'll be able to get the Sergeant Major+ ranks and the medals sometime in the future.

Yeah I can play for fun sometime, but the stats are too addicting... for now.

Last edited by Ryan_Mercury (2005-10-07 07:05:46)

Olpol
+0|6778
I have received all Basic badges one at a time. A few weeks later, I got my vet pistol and vet knife badges.
I should have no problems getting first sergeant with 21000 points, however this has not happened.

For the life for me, I can't work out why myself and so many other people are having these problems.
At the gamearena.com.au forums, a LOT of us are having this problem even though we are all eligible for the First Sergeant rank.

Here's my profile if you want to check that I got the badges all in the right order:
http://bf2s.com/player/46586855/
RC-Hawkeye
+0|6779
As far as the progress bar thing...it's not just with this rank.
I am around 46% to making my SGT stripes and my progress bar hasn't moved at all.

Hawkeye
Olpol
+0|6778
Well you're a dirty sniper so you deserve to DIAF. Also, you've only got 1000 points yet you have the damn staff officer ribbon you lucky bastard.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard