kilroy0097
Kilroy Is Here!
+81|6844|Bryan/College Station, TX
Only bug I have seen so far for me is:

In the Server browser. If you attempt to search for a server by name or if you change your filter settings, it will remove all the servers in your list. You can not retrieve the internet servers list. The only way to get it back is to Quit the game and Restart it.

That's the bug I have experienced.
"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis
BudRell
+2|6838|Home
I have not seen many REAL game bugs under this topic...(don't "tweak" your game/driver files and everything works fine...just learn to play..).

The first GAMEBUG I discovered after update is a commander issue:

If you click some location at the map (with no zoom !) and order artillery, the arty moves SEVERAL "meters" to right from the point where you clicked (distance is about the same than the "arty-circle").
Same thing with supply drop.
If you zoom full (so you can see the running figures) then everything goes as it should.

Usually you don't splat those things randomly but I tried that "click and pray" method because of certain reason. That's not a bad bug but it is a bug.
Something to do with that "map scaling" system which should have "reworked" in this patch.
BudRell
+2|6838|Home

kilroy0097 wrote:

Only bug I have seen so far for me is:

In the Server browser. If you attempt to search for a server by name or if you change your filter settings, it will remove all the servers in your list. You can not retrieve the internet servers list. The only way to get it back is to Quit the game and Restart it.

That's the bug I have experienced.
Like before this patch too...

The list WILL come back after a short time. I had (randomly still have..) the same problem so I tested the game with debugger. Mostly it is ISP-problem, sometimes Windows+game coagency. Data in memory makes error etc.  The game itself tries to do things the same way every time....
Britishbeef
+0|6801|Err...Britain
One of the bugs i have found is the Laser Guided Missiles in the fighter/bomber planes.  Even if you get a lock the missiles will some times track random targets including team vehicles.  This was a problem on the patch before this as well so its not a new bug, just one they havent fixed.
[CC]Berry
+0|6787

PFC_Kurtz_John wrote:

............. two words, Damn Patch. Ok befor the patch i was able to run my game on high now after the patch i have to run it on low and i still get lag and connection problems. Does any one know what i can do to fix this ?
i have the same problem and dunno how to solve the problem
-TAC^Opie-
+2|6807
My bug is that BFHQ is not updating: I gain my new rank after a kill, finish the round, logoff, and then log back on, and nothing - BFHQ doesn't even say I have played over the past few days.
-=banana=-
+0|6780
real bug or not ??

i'm getting kicked to desktop when picking up a kit from a killed opponent ??

anyone ??
BertTheDefender
+0|6779
Dunno if this is a bug or me being stupid (I'm a noob) but I can't redefine the "Crouch" key.
Still.
It was like this is 1.0, 1.2 and now 1.3. It always stays as LEFT CONTROL, regardless of what I set it to.

Works in Singleplayer but not in multiplayer.

Last edited by BertTheDefender (2005-10-06 08:00:34)

[OvC]_AMD_Man
+2|6816|England

TheSilenceOfMe wrote:

[OvC]_AMD_Man wrote:

Can't even open the game

installed all my games to D:\ and got Windows on C:\

patched fine, but when i click the BF2 .exe the screen goes black for a few secs then the desktop comes back up, no sign of BF2

thing i haven't even tampered with the BF2 folder in anyway
I got the same issue
After the first intall of the patch I got it to work but then I got that Invalid CD-Key thing and now this
Hope they can fix all this soon.
Fixed mine now

uninstalled BF2 and deleted the containing folder, reinstalled and installed patches, 101, 102, 103 then restarted and now it's all fine
Bloody Sky
+2|6845|Texas
No one know anything about the Prefix thing?

Still too lazy to get my red LoL
Neoburn_1035
Medic!!!!!!!
+27|6830|OP, KS
It still gives teamkills - points if you are in a car that blows up next to another of you teams cars and blows it up. Also on wake island if you are on the USMC and you blow up the Chinese artilery you get team damage.

Last edited by Neoburn_1035 (2005-10-06 13:03:08)

wiggin
+0|6810|Bay Area, CA
I cant crouch and use the radio to spot anymore but  I can still do it from prone and standing.

BudRell wrote:

If you click some location at the map (with no zoom !) and order artillery, the arty moves SEVERAL "meters" to right from the point where you clicked (distance is about the same than the "arty-circle").
Same thing with supply drop.
If you zoom full (so you can see the running figures) then everything goes as it should.
You sure your not just getting the wind effect? "Wind" seems to make the supply drop drop at an angle so there not spot on target usually.

Last edited by wiggin (2005-10-06 13:15:11)

TheSilenceOfMe
+0|6779

[OvC]_AMD_Man wrote:

TheSilenceOfMe wrote:

[OvC]_AMD_Man wrote:

Can't even open the game

installed all my games to D:\ and got Windows on C:\

patched fine, but when i click the BF2 .exe the screen goes black for a few secs then the desktop comes back up, no sign of BF2

thing i haven't even tampered with the BF2 folder in anyway
I got the same issue
After the first intall of the patch I got it to work but then I got that Invalid CD-Key thing and now this
Hope they can fix all this soon.
Fixed mine now

uninstalled BF2 and deleted the containing folder, reinstalled and installed patches, 101, 102, 103 then restarted and now it's all fine
Mine is also working now, didn't really do anything extra it just started working.
PFC_Kurtz_John
+0|6780|VA
Heh on top of the other bs when i search for servers i have to set my filter to say ALL servers and not the same version as mine. So its saying i dont have the same version. Does any one know what i can do ?
Duggles
+0|6779|Co. Dublin, Ireland
Myself, I have had the game for a good while (and have played it on multi aswell) and when I installed the patch, the "CD-Key is not valid" error message comes up when I try to log onto a server...

P.S. My CD-Key DID work before I installed the patch

£$%^&*( PATCH!!!!!

Last edited by Duggles (2005-10-06 14:10:08)

gooboy911
+0|6779
I had a problem with dying, as a sniper. 2 times i died as a sniper and a medic revived me. The first time i was revived i was standing there with no weapon kit.... I had NOTHING... no knife, no claymore, and no rifle. I ran around until i was killed. I respawned with all my gear... The 2nd time I died I was revived, again. But this time there was another kit laying nearby... I ran to it and hit my pick-up key and got the kit. I went from being a naked sniper to picking up a spec ops kit.

Has anyone had this happen to them?
PFCStenzel
Check your AA alarm...
+82|6795|Idaho, USA / Age 30
I would have to agree this patch is very wierd as also the lag of loading up on the maps at the beginning of the game.  Oh, well I will just play and have fun.
[20sMob]CapnCrunch
+0|6786|Iowa, USA
Installed the patch with no problems.  Got bumped 4 rank advancements and weapon unlocks following each of 4 kills.  That all worked just fine, however just got a call from my very pissed off 12 year old.  Looks like the the CD Key bug has affected his game play.  I'm gonne dig into the registry tonight and see if I can share the key to his username on the computer.  We are running XP2 all patches applied.
Slickdawg8
Visit TAW.NET
+58|6779|Long Island
Ok, I installed the patch, and now the game crashes like a maniac.  It crashes at random times when working (after I click on something in the main menu and it loads).  Then, when I go to restart the game, it doesn't start up and I get just a black screen the whole time.  The only way to get it to start up again is to open up my DVD drive and close it again, and start the game from the autorun.
jag1973
Bushwhacker
+1|6845|Tegucigalpa, Honduras
Those of you who were around for patch 1.01 remember that EA came out with version 2 of 1.01.
By having this patch nemd 1.03 they have accepted that they suck at patch making.
SO I guess we can all wait and see what patch 1.03 verion 2 will bring.

In the mean time, I my game boots and i can join, i'll play, I'll adapt to the new game setting, with bugs, glitches... you name it.

1. If by any chance i am revived and I have no kit with me, ill go look for a claymore and blast my self up.
2. I'll propose an easter supply box hunt to my teammates, or;
3. I'll post a messege (j-key) to all enemies to move 10 meters to the right so artillery CAN fall upon them.
4. WTF... We are teammates why are you shooting at me???
5. If no servers show up, is it because no one wants to play with me?
6. If my prefix can be up to 6 letters long, can it be FUCKEA ?
7. I'm starting to believe that people can hear my 47 gold medals, 52 silver and 58 bronze jingle, when I try to sneak up to stab them.
8. If I cannot spawn on my squad leader I''l just change teams spawn on the flag he is tryin to cap and shoot the MUtta Fukka, hey, nothing bad but I just got me a kill and a flag defend
9. If I cannot shut my computer down I'll just run the patch.exe again.
10. And if I get the Invalid CD key thingy, then it is about time I finally go and buy this game.

Disclaimer: This was posted in good fun, not trying to offend anyone.

Last edited by jag1973 (2005-10-06 15:20:59)

Crusty
+11|6779
OK so I have two bugs to report.

#1 I've done this with special forces and sniper. If you get hurt and pick up a medics kit, throw out a medic bag then pick up your kit again (not switching from the bag) you will get the healing sound for the rest of the round until you pick up another medic kit and switch off the bag. It will keep going even after you die. Very annoying

#2 not sure what happened here but I was riding (not flying) in a black hawk on wake, we were being shot down and i jumped out right before it exploded. I died from the explosion but it said I killed 1 person with the black hawk and TK'd everyone else who was riding in it. strange but i had to laugh.
schuff
Exploding Fodder
+0|6779
I didn't see anyone post this bug yet:

I was able to join a 6/6 Squad!  I actually made it 7/6 strange enough.  I don't know if this ties into the "Not being able to leave squad" issue or not.

Try it for yourself, click join on the 6/6 squads and see if it lets you in.

Other than that an a couple very minor bugs, everything running smoooth here.

I wish I would've received my 1st Sgt rank though. =/  damn badge bug.
PFC_Kurtz_John
+0|6780|VA
Here is what i did. I finaly got so pissed off at the lag and wierd bs i uninstaled the game and then reinstaled it and instaled the patches. I still have like one bug the stupid EA message but other than that it SEEMS to be doing ok. So if you have the time i would say reinstal the game. DONT DELETE your profile though. GL and have fun b****ing at EA
MurrayP
PKM Assasin
+0|6810|USA, IL
Since this isnt a complain post where everyone posts to complain... not caring what another posts, I suggest this for organzation and to avoid re-posting to do this:

All posts are incorperated into the top post when posted then the poster will know if his glitch has been reported by reading the 1st post, and without reading 5 pages of materal.

It would only take any moderater passing by to incorpetate in the new posts Main Idea and shortened explanation in bullet points into the 1st post when he was checking forums.

Not so hard, easy for organization.  Good Idea?  I think so.

Last edited by MurrayP (2005-10-06 16:00:19)

tacoturtle
+0|6780|alabama

[20sMob]CapnCrunch wrote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't"
If it wont install make sure your patch is at least 170megs. If your server's dont show up uncheck the same version option. I havent had any major issues except downloading a 130meg version that didnt work. Crashed once but changed drivers and seems ok for at least one day. Sometimes when I log in my bfhq is blank or has ridiculous scores. Once I log off and log back in it's straightens itself out. Took several sessions to get all my new ranks.
[20sMob]CapnCrunch -- your sig is hillareous!

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard