Poll

Would you be happy if the next patch removed artillery from the game?

Yes26%26% - 81
No73%73% - 223
Total: 304
Fancy_Pollux
Connoisseur of Fine Wine
+1,306|6642
I would be.
Sambuccashake
+126|6607|Sweden
I think the artillery is an important part of the game so no.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6768|PNW

Technically, artillery is not as effective in this game as it is in real life. Just respawn and carry on.
nikki_lighthouse
+5|6594
No. It's part of the game. I find it annoying but that's only because it kills me so much.
andyman99008
+3|6623|Ireland

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

Technically, artillery is not as effective in this game as it is in real life. Just respawn and carry on.
ROFL
$kelet0r
+16|6678

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

funny!
But seriously, artillery is so useful ingame and I'd be devastated if they removed it. If only people like the OP would play something other than Battlefield Karkand
Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6671|Canberra, AUS
And what would the commander do?

Sit and place UAV's once a minute? Yeah, cos that's real fun, isn't it?

Anyway, artillery is an essential part of the battle as it can devestate enemy positions without any troops having to do anything (except the artillery corps)
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
I.M.I Militant
We Are Not Alone In Here
+297|6715|Melbourne, Australia
sif EA would remove it .. and thankfully they dont =] arty yer its annoying but it helps the team alot good for clearing areas... or takin care of those pesky l337 snipers no1 can seem to find or kill
superfly_cox
soup fly mod
+717|6778

if you ever find yourself among 5-6 of your teammates capping a flag, run away really fast cause arty is coming your way.  if your great rooftop sniping position has attracted 2-3 of your squad mates, run away cause arty is coming.  if your flag is being pounded from multiple sides by armor and gunfire then try to run away (or take cover) cause arty is coming.

its pretty easy to predict where arty will come: look at your mini map and see where all the little blue and green dots are concentrated
Rosse_modest
+76|6772|Antwerp, Flanders
No, it should stay.

If there is one flaw about arty it's that its "reloading" time is a bit too short. Especially if you're being base raped to the netherworlds by bombers, fighters, tanks, helicopters and... Enemy arty strikes. Sometimes it's really that bad that it's simply impossible to try and get out to take the fight to the enemy.
Darth_Fleder
Mod from the Church of the Painful Truth
+533|6803|Orlando, FL - Age 43
Only if they took the rest of the guns out as well.
Beorn_23_7
Heathenish Foray
+22|6634|Upstate NY

Darth_Fleder wrote:

Only if they took the rest of the guns out as well.
Slappers, Golden Eye style.

As for the arty, leave it.
Sullemunk
+0|6666
as if commanding wasn't boring enough annyway.. i say: More power to commanders!
MB.nZ
+86|6771|New Zealand
no
DeadboyUSMC
+65|6695|NCFSU2
Give the commander the option to utilize different rounds!!  Give spec ops and snipers a laser pointer for Copperheads, or at leat let me decide to use DPICM instead of just HE all the time... Kind of like unlocks for commanders, the more command points you get, the more types of rounds you could use, now that would be sweet.
Sambuccashake
+126|6607|Sweden

DeadboyUSMC wrote:

Give the commander the option to utilize different rounds!!  Give spec ops and snipers a laser pointer for Copperheads, or at leat let me decide to use DPICM instead of just HE all the time... Kind of like unlocks for commanders, the more command points you get, the more types of rounds you could use, now that would be sweet.
Now this would actually be a rather sweet idea!

//Jensa
eagleray69
gone, tired of kiddietrashtalk
+15|6642

Sambuccashake wrote:

DeadboyUSMC wrote:

//Jensa
2nd!
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6712
makes no difference... ur still gonna get killed either way
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
SNAP
+2|6710|LONDON

eagleray69 wrote:

Sambuccashake wrote:

DeadboyUSMC wrote:

//Jensa
2nd!
3rd. Incendary rounds ftw, what the hell, napalm!!
Cbass
Kick His Ass!
+371|6691|Howell, Mi USA
And the nerf continues... i would not be happy about that. yea arty is annoying but it's kind of a wakeup call knowing no matter how much u pwn a round there is always something that will make u run away crying. lol
https://bf3s.com/sigs/bb53a522780eff5b30ba3252d44932cc2f5b8c4f.png
Shadovve
+10|6599|Columbus, OH
I would be ok with them making the cooldown longer, but even that is unecessary.

David
-=S8M=-Phoenix
+45|6790|South Cybertown, Texas
75% to this point want Arty, I guess you got your answer, LOL!
Todd_Angelo
Leukocyte
+336|6623|Warlord
Hell no! I hate being artied as much as the next guy ...especially repeatedly ... but it's vital to the overall game dynamic.

And dang if I don't love it when I kill an entire enemy squad when I'm on the ball as commander and call in artillery just before a flag cap is completed
Ajax_the_Great1
Dropped on request
+206|6643
If arty kills me twice in one game I go bust it up. Goddamn it gets annoying. It's part of the game though, leave it be.
Thumper04
"So there I was..."
+7|6625|Floriduh

DeadboyUSMC wrote:

Give an option to drop a certian number of rounds, like say, half a barrage, instead of blowing your whole load at once on one target. and combine it with the above, and arty would kick ass!

offtopic: WTF is with that annoyingly huge sig? /offtopic

Last edited by Thumper04 (2006-04-12 09:03:50)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard