Locarno
Boom!Headshot?
+2|6811|Scotland!
admin: Post general rants here, post bugs over here

Feel free to post here what you don't like about the new patch.

Personally, i think it would be crap when you're the co-pilot in an attack helicopter, and you're not getting any flag capture assists.

Only 1 player in a vehicle will get credit for or speed up capturing
a flag at a CP. The other passengers must exit the vehicle to increase
the speed of capture or receive capture score.....
Paladus902
The Last Man Standing
+1|6757
Meh what is a bonus (or so I heard) was that with the TV missiles you can now paint targets before firing at them.  Have to love those missiles
Enough about that though, if any of you have new ranks, tell us about them, it will help the guys here at BF2S to possibly update UBAR.
tF-voodoochild
Pew Pew!
+216|6818|San Francisco

First of all, I cannot even install the new patch because it does not allow me to choose a drive to uncompress files to. My temp drive isn't even on C:\ but for some reason the patch refuses to uncompress files anywhere else. Watching both Afrojap and Chuy play with the patch I am rather dissappointed with what they changed anyway. A tag prefix that doesn't cache and so you have to enter it each and every time you play?! Not only did they not actually fix the problem of not being able to rename your account, they can't even implement their solution properly. WTF! The server browser is still horribly fucked up and unusable. Giving people an excess of ranks for no reason is just plain silly, and now the unlocks will just be normal guns that everyone will have. Being a corporal after 1 full day of play is simply going to the other extreme... find the middle ground EA!
Paladus902
The Last Man Standing
+1|6757
Well i have it and i want to say congratulations to all of those who have ranked up   I went from corporal to Master Sergeant in one round.  21,000 points will get you that, well, thats what I had ^^
eYe|69
+0|6751|Sweden
you get the weapons unlocks too?
tF-voodoochild
Pew Pew!
+216|6818|San Francisco

My favorite thing so far is the people with the Staff Sergent rank (or any 'high' rank) who cannot keep a chopper in the air for more than two seconds without finding the ground. The rank shift has just made it near impossible to judge how well someone is going to be as a pilot based on their current ranking.
Locarno
Boom!Headshot?
+2|6811|Scotland!
BLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGH!!!

My torrent got to 91% then jiggered off!

Now i'm pissed...
Paladus902
The Last Man Standing
+1|6757
Dont know about the unlocks yet, BFHQ taking a big hit I think and will take a long time to update from all the ranks.  Dont know, might just be slow.  But anywho, guess what?  Artillery, when hitting teammates, sends them flying.  I saw an APC take a direct hit from our own artillery... and it just bounces around.  Now that is crap
Leatherface-TCM
The Saw is Family
+0|6792

Paladus902 wrote:

Dont know about the unlocks yet, BFHQ taking a big hit I think and will take a long time to update from all the ranks.  Dont know, might just be slow.  But anywho, guess what?  Artillery, when hitting teammates, sends them flying.  I saw an APC take a direct hit from our own artillery... and it just bounces around.  Now that is crap
Can someone please confirm if Artillery - kills team players but CO does not get punished
or
Does Artillery not kill teamplayers?

If it is the second one - then this game should be on N64 - that would be stupid as hell

Please someone confirm!!!
holocost
+1|6757|ireland,cork
guys i havent had a channce to play since the patch so could someone plz give me the jist of what they are after changing cos i dont have a clue
[BFL]KER-CHINK
+0|6798|the UK
wot a load of shite this prefix is i was just seeing if i could get rid of my tags so i entered POP as a prefix now my name is
POP [BFL]KER-CHINK ANY 1 KNOW  HOW TO GET RID OF THE PREFIX????

Last edited by [BFL]KER-CHINK (2005-10-04 11:58:10)

nayo450
+-1|6763
hopefully they will have the hotfixes, for the patch they just released, out soon!
Raxor
Enemy Boat Spotted
+17|6815|United Kingdom
just set the prefix as blank and your sorted
spon
+2|6814|San Jose, CA

Locarno wrote:

admin: Post general rants here, post bugs over here

Feel free to post here what you don't like about the new patch.

Personally, i think it would be crap when you're the co-pilot in an attack helicopter, and you're not getting any flag capture assists.

Only 1 player in a vehicle will get credit for or speed up capturing
a flag at a CP. The other passengers must exit the vehicle to increase
the speed of capture or receive capture score.....
Oh man I didn't even think about the Helicopers... damn.  I was thinking about the cars.  That means i have to parachute out of the chopper to get points? damn...
ProDicTeD
+2|6779
it all is starting to suck i was hoping 1.03 would be a amazing patch, but it's turning out to be a disaster
[A-51]-.Bond
+1|6811
I heard people are pissed cuz everyone is running around with upgraded weapons, I felt special to have my pkm, and now Im sure tons of people are gonna use it. does this mean peeps with keep nade whoring or run around with JackHammers or something? Im still a good support person. Bitches.  (sorry bout the grammar, I just worked 5am to 3am, so Im kinda tired)
*TS*tphai
The Forum Alien
+89|6776|The planet Tophet
the patch is taking for ever to download
Sgt.Gh0st
Pump-Action Pimp
+16|6753|The Hague, Holland
I have to say, nobody is special, high ranks all over the place. Upgraded weapons around the corner. BUT STOP THE BITCHING. The patch has been out for what? 3 hours? YOU WILL get used to it. Just wait and see for a week. All will be beter. *I hope*
[SWAM]RobbieE
+0|6758
Really shows how EA looks @ its customers, today in my country it is a holiday for anmials called animal day. Wel thx ea for this fucked up promotion festival. GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR
[BFL]KER-CHINK
+0|6798|the UK

Raxor wrote:

just set the prefix as blank and your sorted
nice one mate sorted now

so why havent they added the fact that ppl want to leave there tags behind not just add them to there name by way of prefix i want to take mine off as im getting board with my clan now but dont want to lose all my playing time
Locarno
Boom!Headshot?
+2|6811|Scotland!
Yeah someone above (too lazy to check who) stated they felt special with unlocked weapons.  Thats true.  I felt 1337 running around with my DAO-12, so yeah that was good.

Another thing, another person said was "we'll get used to it"... Good point, and i hope you're right.

My patching finally just completed literally as i typed the word "point above" so i'm off to play.

Expect my rants soon
The ODM
+4|6751|Holland
Goodevening everyone, just registered around here after browsing this forum for some time.
Since this is the first post, a small introduction. My standard nick is ODM, aged 17 from the weirdo country named Holland, and my ingame nick is [SoR]ODM. I'm a "friend" of ole raxor here, met him on some irc channel, and hopefully i'll have a great time here:).

Now, back on topic:
As Chink said above me, i'd like to lose my clan tag too, since my clan disbanded. Strangely they didn't think about it.
Sofar i haven't really had problems with the patch. The incradible amount of unlocked guns and weird ranks kind of confuse me, but i'll get used to that.
On the subject of commander artillery, I was commander at Wake for a round, and i discovered some weird things. Either the artillery doesn't kill teammates, or no point are deducted bt they die anyway. This is great for the commander, but they lose something else. I've noticed artillery kills (not sure about other commander kills) are not listed anymore. Not sure if they show up in bfhq, but ingame it was a sad 0 with me, al tough i had like 40+ artillery kills.
If i discover some other weird thing, i'll let you guys know ASAP.

*PS: Dave, or whoever the guy with the cowbell is called, is that you Kablackastan?*
Paladus902
The Last Man Standing
+1|6757
What I dont get is why everyone is moaning so much.  Yeah things arnt perfect, and they sure as hell wernt before, but this is what people wanted.  Quicker ranks, faster unlocks, no people stats padding by using a packed blackhawk.  Yes, some of you didnt ask for this, but the majority did.  If your in the minority, yeah, I know how you feel.
But then if you start moaning about how everyone has powerful weapons as unlocks, then I draw the line there.  Yes with everyone having the powerful unlocks it is hard, but with new changes it means you have to adapt.  It means you cant run into an open area anymore without fear of someone missing you.  With new and more accurate weapons, everyone has to work together.  You have to be careful how you play, you cant just run from flag to flag securing it and killing people along the way.

It seems that now BF2 really does need stratagy in it, and were going to have to approach this from an entirely new angle.

(BTW:  If anyone feels insulted or annoyed by this post, its not meant to flame anyone or be inconsiderate of anyone's feelings, Im just saying what I think, I apologise if this offends you )
glock1974
+0|6751
i`ve installed the patch then booted up game.."message from ea"close game to read message,cant get on site...try booting game again,but hasnt been properly patched.have you got to go to this site first before you update?glad the server is down....smells of steam
voltage
+46|6811|Sweden
I've always thought it was pretty obvious that if they added a clan tag function the tag would be added to the name and so it's a bad idea to register a name with the tag included. A function to split any name would be a more complex solution and would fail in some cases since the name without clan tag is occupied by someone else.

Perhaps the current tag accepts delete characters (if there is any)?

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard