ojk007
+0|6756|Melbourne
PLEASE ONLY POST IF YOU KNOW WHAT YOUR TALKING ABOUT, AND HAVE AN IDEA TO HELP SOLVE MY PROBLEM
Thank You

MY PROBLEM
I cannot, patch BF2.
When i try to patch i get "Patch Failed".

WHAT I HAVE TRIED
I have used the full 1.22, which failed to patch.
I then reinstalled bf2, ran the SF patch, which failed.
I then reinstalled bf2 and ran the the 1.22 patch. It failed.

i tried every variation of installation and patches, none of which worked.

My Specs

OS Name..............................................Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition   
Version    5.1.2600...................................Service Pack 2 Build 2600   
System Type.........................................X86-based PC   
Processor..............................................x86 Family 15 Model 3 Stepping 4 GenuineIntel ~3192 Mhz                                   ............................................................<Dual Core>
BIOS Version/Date.................................Phoenix Technologies, LTD 6.00 PG, 9/07/2004   
SMBIOS Version.......................................2.2   
Total Physical Memory.............................1,024.00 MB   

Thanks In Advance
ojk007

Last edited by ojk007 (2006-04-11 22:49:54)

Skruples
Mod Incarnate
+234|6701
I would recommend uninstalling battlefield 2 fully, including any remnant registry entries and files. You can download a registry cleaning program (most require you to pay for full functionality, but you can still have them search for the broken registry entries and delete them yourself). As for the files, just get rid of the battlefield 2 directory after you reinstall. Once you've done all that and reinstalled bf2, install in this order (I think this is correct):

Bf2
SF (if you have it)
patch 1.2
euro forces (if you have it)

good luck
Varegg
Support fanatic :-)
+2,206|6810|Nårvei

Is it on your C or D drive ?

If on D i do understand that it fails but dont know why, reinstall on C and u`ll find that patching works much easier.
Wait behind the line ..............................................................
ojk007
+0|6756|Melbourne

Skruples wrote:

I would recommend uninstalling battlefield 2 fully, including any remnant registry entries and files. You can download a registry cleaning program (most require you to pay for full functionality, but you can still have them search for the broken registry entries and delete them yourself). As for the files, just get rid of the battlefield 2 directory after you reinstall. Once you've done all that and reinstalled bf2, install in this order (I think this is correct):

Bf2
SF (if you have it)
patch 1.2
euro forces (if you have it)

good luck
yeah i have tried full uninstall including all directories, and registery entries.

Also it is on my C drive(same as my OS)
Varegg
+2,206|6810|Nårvei

Just this last patch (1.22) or all patches ?

Have u renamed your BF2.exe file ?
Wait behind the line ..............................................................
ojk007
+0|6756|Melbourne

Varegg wrote:

Just this last patch (1.22) or all patches ?

Have u renamed your BF2.exe file ?
I have tried from original bf2 through to 1.22 via incrementals didnt work. and bf2 to 1.22 via the full.

it has not been renamed.
Varegg
+2,206|6810|Nårvei

Shit (sorry)

Last thing i can think of is Gamespy - a friend of mine had to install gamespy and start his games through gamespy, next patch after that he could launch from desktop again. Sounds weird i know.

Have u tried downloading the 1.22 from different places ? ... might be a corrupted downloadfile.
ojk007
+0|6756|Melbourne

Varegg wrote:

Shit (sorry)

Last thing i can think of is Gamespy - a friend of mine had to install gamespy and start his games through gamespy, next patch after that he could launch from desktop again. Sounds weird i know.

Have u tried downloading the 1.22 from different places ? ... might be a corrupted downloadfile.
Thats ok ur tryn thats all i want.

Firstly i havent ever installed gamespy so i will try doin that now.

And i have tried diff. download places. All are the same, md5 checks out, size identical.
Varegg
+2,206|6810|Nårvei

Good luck then - let us know the result.
ojk007
+0|6756|Melbourne
Well after another cleanup, and a  syst optz it patched.

Now it loads up to just after the logo(splash screen) and crashes to my desktop!!

anybody know the solution?

i gtg to bed atm so ill work on it more tomoz

Last edited by ojk007 (2006-04-11 05:50:50)

Nessie09
I "fix" things
+107|6670|The Netherlands
what worked for me was installing BF2, installing all patches one by one (1.02 -> 1.03 -> 1.12 -(patching to 1.2 didn't work for some reason)> 1.22
Next installed SF, EF, 1.12 and patch 1.22 again.
general_rookie
Get off my lawn, whippersnapper!!
+6|6696
I'm actually having the exact same problem as you are ojk007.  Today, I uninstalled the game, reinstalled bf2, sf, ef, and patching directly to 1.22.  Every time i load the game, it crashes to the desktop after the spashscreen and black screen.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard