Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6734|132 and Bush

Let's sneak into a country and have a protest? Am I wrong?

Last edited by Kmarion (2006-04-11 00:07:25)

Xbone Stormsurgezz
BVC
+325|6829
I actually think your government is being too generous to them.  Make a tour in Iraq or Afghanistan an additional requirement in that amnesty thing and then see if they still want it!
GotMex?
$623,493,674,868,715.98 in Debt
+193|6896

I already made it across so I couldn't care less
Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6808|Canberra, AUS

Kmarion wrote:

Let's sneak into a country and have a protest? Am I wrong?
Huh? What are you talking about?
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6734|132 and Bush

Spark wrote:

http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&a … power_dc_1

The United States has a proposed law that is supposed to crack down on illegal immigration and there have been massive protest by illegals around our country. Of course the law is being touted as anti immigration by some. Myself and probably most Americans don't seem to have a problem with people who come here and become citizens the right way. (Pay taxes etc..) That after all is how this country grew to what it is today.
I think there has to be some sort of official order that everyone follows to migrate into our society. Otherwise pay the price or get deported.. whatever.

I posted this here because I want to hear your opinions. I am pretty open minded. I just don't understand whats wrong with enforcing the law. I would appreciate some enlightenment.

Last edited by Kmarion (2006-04-11 04:16:45)

Xbone Stormsurgezz
atlvolunteer
PKMMMMMMMMMM
+27|6904|Atlanta, GA USA
I agree with you Kmarion, and, based on polls, so does most of the American populous.  However, we aren't the ones protesting, so the idiots in Washington will probably end up backing down.
What really kills me are some of the quotes I read after the initial protests in California.  Something to the effect of "this was our land and you took it from us!"  Okaaayyy.
Mr.Pieeater
+116|6757|Cherry Pie
They act like the US is stopping immigration entirely, when really we just want them to come in legally.  It is stupid to have a protest for illegal immigration.  What kind of crap is that?!?  I hope congress passes that bill to make it a felony, that would be great.  We have to protect our borders, that can't be argued with...
Mr.Pieeater
+116|6757|Cherry Pie

GotMex? wrote:

Don't drop the soap when your in prison burrito-boy.
aardfrith
Δ > x > ¥
+145|6926

Kmarion wrote:

Spark wrote:

The United States has a proposed law that is supposed to crack down on illegal immigration and there have been massive protest by illegals around our country. Of course the law is being touted as anti immigration by some. Myself and probably most Americans don't seem to have a problem with people who come here and become citizens the right way. (Pay taxes etc..) That after all is how this country grew to what it is today.

I think there has to be some sort of official order that everyone follows to migrate into our society. Otherwise pay the price or get deported.. whatever.

I posted this here because I want to hear your opinions. I am pretty open minded. I just don't understand whats wrong with enforcing the law. I would appreciate some enlightenment.
If there have been massive protests, why don't the police just arrest all the demonstrators, check whether they are in-country legally and deport the illegals?

I know people that have imigrated, legally, to the US and the UK and good luck to all those who do it through the proper channels.  Handcuffs and a train ride "home" to the rest of them.
Mr.Pieeater
+116|6757|Cherry Pie
Yeah right.  If the US did that, the entire world would be on our asses.  Government is complicated and like always politicians are trying to win votes.  Even from Mexican immigrants.
GunSlinger OIF II
Banned.
+1,860|6777
most the people in the rallies are NOT undocumented, you racist motherfuckers.
Mr.Pieeater
+116|6757|Cherry Pie

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

How do you know?  Did you do a poll with USA Today?  Dumbass motherfucker.

And if so, then why the hell do those bastards care about the law?  Do they want to import their cousin El Wapo?

Last edited by Mr.Pieeater (2006-04-11 08:14:49)

GunSlinger OIF II
Banned.
+1,860|6777

Mr.Pieeater wrote:

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

How do you know?  Did you do a poll with USA Today?  Dumbass motherfucker.

And if so, then why the hell do those bastards care about the law?  Do they want to import their cousin El Wapo?
dont think I gotta say anything new...refer to my last post.

Last edited by GunSlinger OIF II (2006-04-11 08:16:50)

Mr.Pieeater
+116|6757|Cherry Pie
I'm not racist, just against stupid people.
Mason4Assassin444
retired
+552|6795|USA

Kmarion wrote:

Spark wrote:

The issue is the laws on immigration haven't been enforced for so long that you can't just pick a day and say ok "time to clean house". Plus the US would have a hard time coordinating sending 11 million people back to thier mother country. There are illegals all across this country. i found out today there are 2 at my company. And my company is working everything out due to the big brains in the two skulls in question.

I feel if they just let everyone stay, that is a slap in the face to the immigrants who did it the right way. But you can't send the ALL back either. Some illegals have ahd children here....making them US citizens. Very touchy subject. I hope no one denounces those protests because they are all illegal people. Not one violent outbreak has occured during these protests. All peaceful.

There is no borderline quick fix I believe.

Personally, I'd like to adopt Mexico's "siesta" law.
Erkut.hv
+124|6868|California
Si se puede!

The Erk doesn't care any longer. I am actually going to go south, become a citizen, then come back illegally. Then I am going to get free healthcare, because this co-pay is bullshit.

Then I am going to get my girl pregnant, have her have 4 or 5 kids, for which she will get a monthly check and food stamps.

Then, I am going to work illegally/under the table so I don't have to pay taxes any more. At which point I will send the money out of the US, and out of the US economy.

That, my friend, is the true American dream. I will live like a king in my new homeland.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6905|PNW

Mr.Pieeater wrote:

GotMex? wrote:

Burritos are one of the great contributions to American society.
Mr.Pieeater
+116|6757|Cherry Pie
They should have known better than to come illegally.  Therefore sending them back with their US born kids is not my problem, nor is it the governments problem.  If they were concerned with being "deported", then they would have immigrated legally.  I say ship them back and let them sell necklaces to tourists for 5 pesos...
Mr.Pieeater
+116|6757|Cherry Pie

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

Mr.Pieeater wrote:

GotMex? wrote:

Burritos are one of the great contributions to American society.
I agree.  Actually I am 1/8th hispanic and only drink Corona.  But I still don't approve of illegals.
Mason4Assassin444
retired
+552|6795|USA

Mr.Pieeater wrote:

They act like the US is stopping immigration entirely, when really we just want them to come in legally.  It is stupid to have a protest for illegal immigration.  What kind of crap is that?!?  I hope congress passes that bill to make it a felony, that would be great.  We have to protect our borders, that can't be argued with...
Sending illegals back home...sure. Making it a felony to be here illegaly and locking those people in prison...doesn't sound like a good plan. Like prison hasn't deterred drug users....it will not deter illegals.

Plus, in Mexico illegal immigration is such a lucrative business that a huge fence will only raise the price to get across. Making the shady characters behind it all more money to operate.
Mr.Pieeater
+116|6757|Cherry Pie

Mason4Assassin444 wrote:

Mr.Pieeater wrote:

Sending illegals back home...sure. Making it a felony to be here illegaly and locking those people in prison...doesn't sound like a good plan. Like prison hasn't deterred drug users....it will not deter illegals.

Plus, in Mexico illegal immigration is such a lucrative business that a huge fence will only raise the price to get across. Making the shady characters behind it all more money to operate.
Actually we do currently send them back home, even to places deeper in Mexico than their hometowns and then they come back. 

And building a fence and adding more forces to the border will make a difference.  I think a "shoot on sight" policy should be adopted.  That way the birds of southern Texas and other states will not go extinct because of all the food.  I hope they like Mexican food!
Erkut.hv
+124|6868|California
What's funny is the politicians are going to listen to the people making the most noise, as opposed to the will of the people. I've read that 80% support immigration reform. Whereas even if there were 3 million people in the streets protesting, it would only be 1% of the total population.

Once again, mob rules. Weak kneed politicians buckle at the fear of being called a racist for not enforcing rules that are already on the books, and trying to solve a plague of a problem.

Why the hell create new legislation when you can't even enforce the shit that's already approved and in the books??????
Mason4Assassin444
retired
+552|6795|USA

Mr.Pieeater wrote:

Mason4Assassin444 wrote:

Mr.Pieeater wrote:

Actually we do currently send them back home, even to places deeper in Mexico than their hometowns and then they come back. 

And building a fence and adding more forces to the border will make a difference.  I think a "shoot on sight" policy should be adopted.  That way the birds of southern Texas and other states will not go extinct because of all the food.  I hope they like Mexican food!
I cannot agree with your shoot on sight suggestion.  Your attitude towards this issue is borderline unreasonable.
Mr.Pieeater
+116|6757|Cherry Pie

Mason4Assassin444 wrote:

Mr.Pieeater wrote:

Mason4Assassin444 wrote:

I cannot agree with your shoot on sight suggestion.  Your attitude towards this issue is borderline unreasonable.
I wasn't being entirely serious.  LOL.  You know what, if the Mexicans want to not be punished for breaking the law, we should legalize hunting Mexican people.  I think the protests would be more interesting then.

I think its a bunch of crap they waved the American flag, it was a good gesture, but crap.  If they were American, then they would support protecting our country and not letting a bunch of illegals in.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6734|132 and Bush

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

Resulting to name calling is not the best way to show your opinion. I would like to know how  wanting people to migrate into our society the proper way makes me racist. Millions of people have been doing this for hundreds of years. Can you not understand the need for this? Calling me a racist for wanting to have lawful entry in this country is just pathetic.
Xbone Stormsurgezz

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard